• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pedigree dog debate in school

meljoy

In my daughters science class today the teacher brought up the subject of pedigree dogs (the kids are doing about genetics at the moment). The teacher explained the problems facing pedigree dogs and wanted to know the kids thoughts.

My daughter who is very shy and rarely joins in class debates raised her hand and explained we have a CKCS and the problems the breed is facing in particular MVD and SM. She adores Leo and so is passionate about the problems facing Cavaliers.

She said it felt really good to be able to explain to the others in her class about the need for health testing and sensible breeding programmes, the kids were all interested as well as horrified as to the issues.

Im really proud that she has taken on a mature attitude ( she's only 13)and is "spreading the word" and educating others on the plight of this wonderful breed:p

Another Mrs Carter maybe:xfngr:

Mel

Good for your daughter!! I have a friend whose 13 year old "gets" what is going on with the dogs and she has become quite the little advocate about how to get a dog properly. I love seeing the next generation so involved.

I've had the pleasure of meeting both of your daughters and I can see why you would be proud, lovely polite and friendly girls.

Thanks for the comments, I am very proud of my girls...Im glad you thought so Pauline it means a lot.

Margaret you say "some might say heaven forbid" I say "Thank God" there are people willing to stick their neck out and shout:)

Mel XX

Well done to your daughter - and to you for encouraging her to take action in this way. I have met one or two youngsters recently who have really surprised me with their mature understanding of some of the issues we face - quite restores your faith in human possibility!

Balloonsandstarspoog.gif

I teach 3rd grade (8 year olds) and I think every one of them can now explain how to buy a dog and why to stay away from pet stores and puppy mills!

I bet your daughter's teacher enjoyed seeing her so engaged and passionate about the subject matter!

Back