PDA

View Full Version : Fading after a bath??

diddy
21st January 2010, 11:43 PM
Yes, I know its a really silly question, but has anyone noticed their cavs appeared to loose their colour after a bath?. I bathed Lucy 2 days ago and was horrified when I dried her off to find her beautiful dark chestnut had faded to a rather nasty orangey/ginger colour :eek:.

I've never known that to happen before. She is almost back to her original colour now. My daughter thinks its because the natural oils in her coat were washed out, which would seem to make sense. Cant say I've ever noticed this happen with any blenheims Ive had in the past though :confused:.

Chuck
22nd January 2010, 12:13 AM
Did you wash her according to the tag instructions that are in the left ear? LOL

sweethearts
22nd January 2010, 12:41 AM
Oh Chuck, thanks for making me CRACK UP! lol That was good one for sure.

diddy
22nd January 2010, 10:11 AM
:rotfl:Thanks Chuck, maybe next time I should check first. Shes been bathed several times, but never came out orange before.Very strange.

MARK MARSHALL
22nd January 2010, 10:30 AM
I had been working doing a fireplace recently and before bed had a hot bath.

The Mrs walked in and made comment on the colour of the water !

I did look whiter and felt good.

So perhaps I am fading with age ?

Mark.

diddy
22nd January 2010, 02:31 PM
Hi Mark, I'm beginning to think I'm going senile :( . But it was just like she'd been bathed in bleach. She wasnt dirty to start with so it was just a freshen up thing.

Karlin
24th January 2010, 01:30 AM
It could be the chemicals in the shampoo or the conditioner. Some have whiteners for example that might well affect coat colour...?