• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Fading after a bath??

diddy

Yes, I know its a really silly question, but has anyone noticed their cavs appeared to loose their colour after a bath?. I bathed Lucy 2 days ago and was horrified when I dried her off to find her beautiful dark chestnut had faded to a rather nasty orangey/ginger colour :eek:.

I've never known that to happen before. She is almost back to her original colour now. My daughter thinks its because the natural oils in her coat were washed out, which would seem to make sense. Cant say I've ever noticed this happen with any blenheims Ive had in the past though :confused:.

Did you wash her according to the tag instructions that are in the left ear? LOL

:rotfl:Thanks Chuck, maybe next time I should check first. Shes been bathed several times, but never came out orange before.Very strange.

Oh dear.....

I had been working doing a fireplace recently and before bed had a hot bath.

The Mrs walked in and made comment on the colour of the water !

I did look whiter and felt good.

So perhaps I am fading with age ?

Mark.

Hi Mark, I'm beginning to think I'm going senile :( . But it was just like she'd been bathed in bleach. She wasnt dirty to start with so it was just a freshen up thing.

It could be the chemicals in the shampoo or the conditioner. Some have whiteners for example that might well affect coat colour...?

Back