• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Welcome back!

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
Took a few hours of work but this is now up and running in a basic form. I will update smilies, forum colours, logs etc later on -- not enough time to do it at the moment as I am on a story deadline.

Anyway this gives people the chance to check out some new functionality. The 'home' section is just using the board software templates at the moment; I didn't actually write anything or put anything in. The urls may change slightly still.

I signed in, and accessed the forum with no problems. The new colors, etc., are hard on my eyes because it's much brighter, but I'm sure I'll adapt and forget the old look.
:eek:)

This is only a short term look -- :). I just need some time to udate everything but thought people might want to use the forums and try out some new things in the meantime!

Oops sorry, Ambrose is me, my test user account so I can validate how things work for member accounts -- I made that post! :D

I logged in just now no problems looks like it will be a great new format. Thanks for taking the time to do this whole update. I think I will learn as I go.
Pat

Last edited:
Wauw! It all just looks so great! Thanks foryour work, Karlin - you are doing a great one-woman-show here :)

Expect to see the appearance changing on and off for today while I fiddle with the settings. It is a VERY different interface to manage. I got everything loaded in correctly but it took me a while to figure out how to get the actual forums to show.

I'm missing my nice familiar forum. I'm too old for all this change.

I know it was probably necessary, I know I will get use to the new look, and I really am grateful that Karlin has put in so many hours to give us an up-to-date forum, but I think I will have to lie down with some smelling salts to get over the shock of finding things changed.

OOh very different!
Will take me a while to find my bearings...I'm lost........anyone know where the loo is????
Sins

OOh very different!

Ooh yes. Its a bit like dashing into the fave supermarket and finding they've changed all the shelves around. Must be getting old 'cos can't quite handle the colour scheme at the mo.

Colour scheme will be back to normal shortly -- as will logos etc -- it is just a lot more complicated and time consuming to do with this forum. So hopefully the smelling salts can be quickly put away. The main issue I spent most of the day on was getting a redirect to work for the old board as one was working and the other wasn't -- tried a lot of different coding approaches -- finally got it sorted. There will be so many more things we can do (starting with -- you can embed videos now!) and the 'home' section is going to be really great once I get some content into it. That will be where the library section goes. Just a bit busy over today and next two days because of the big Apple announcement tomorrow -- paper wants lots of coverage starting today so my quiet day ended up being pretty busy, Just going off to visit with neighbours.

Slowly getting some of 'our' colours back! It will take me a while though -- there are literally about 250 settings... :yikes

Back