PDA

View Full Version : Tricolour Cav in Pound, Somerset



misty
31st January 2010, 09:57 AM
http://www.stgileskennels.co.uk/md99_5756.htm

Looks as if the 7 days are nearly up.

Karlin
31st January 2010, 10:43 AM
Can someone notify breed rescue or a nearby general rescue? Or is this definitely a no kill shelter? They only say they 'try' to rehome animals.

Tania
31st January 2010, 02:02 PM
Hi

I have called them! They assured me they wait eight clear days to see if the dog is reclaimed by its owner. They then
have them vaccinated and if necessary neutered and put them up for adoption. I asked her four times throughout the conversation
and she was adamant they do not have them put to sleep. I said I would e mail her details of a local breed rescue if they can't
find a home. I wonder if someone can help with these details so I can send them to her.

Tania
31st January 2010, 02:10 PM
Found a Breed Rescue that might help and have e mailed the details!

Marjorie
31st January 2010, 02:39 PM
Thank goodness these lost little pups have you angels to look out for them, God Bless You!

ByFloSin
31st January 2010, 02:56 PM
Is there any more information available on this dog please? I recognise the topline and markings and think he/she may be related to my Bubbles. If so, I might be able to find out who the dog was sold to, as I have many contacts in the South West. PM me if you prefer. I would need some idea of the age and sex.

Tania
31st January 2010, 03:01 PM
If you call 01823 490333 , the lady is very nice and helpful and will give you all the info. they close at 4pm so
you will still be able to get hold of them.

ByFloSin
31st January 2010, 04:00 PM
I called the shelter at 3.45 but they are on answerphone. I have left my name and number in the hope that they will get back to me.

Meanwhile, I have contacted people in the South West who may recognise this boy and know who he belongs to. They may not be on the internet or have no idea this list or the shelter's website exist and therefore not knw that their pet has been found.

The more I look at him the more I think he is closely related to Bubbles.

ByFloSin
31st January 2010, 04:54 PM
This is really worrying me.

I have spoken with the owner of Bubbles' sire, who has just got back from show. She agrees with me that this boy definitely looks as though he is of Underknoll breeding. I have e-mailed both Bubbles' breeder and the breeder of Bubba's sire, but of course they are still at show.

I have to be off with Bubba for her mating in Yorkshire first thing in the morning, so I have given my friends the other breeders the contact details of the shelter together with a link to the photo of the dog.

I am sure that this boy has a loving owner who is desperate to find him.

Let's hope for a good result here. Meanwhile I am on tenterhooks.

ByFloSin
31st January 2010, 05:48 PM
I have just spoken with Bubbles' breeder, who is a long standing friend of mine in Devon. She has posted the photo of the dog on Facebook and given blanket permission for cross posting.

She agrees that this dog is possiblly an Underknoll boy. She knows the owner of the kennels and has spoken to someone there in his absence. She has been told that the dog will not be put up for adoption until the end of the week, which gives time for an owner to be found.

I am waiting to hear from the owner of the Underknoll kennel, who lives in the Street area herself.

The shelter think that the dog is very young, so not a sibling of my Bubbles, but may well be related.

Bubba's breeder has two prospective good and loving owners in mind should an adoption be necessary.

Unless there are more developments tonight I will be back in touch on Tuesday, when more should be known.

Tania
4th February 2010, 09:23 PM
I was wondering if anything had happened!

ByFloSin
4th February 2010, 10:37 PM
Sorry should have updated this earlier, but I have been busy with other things and forgot.

So far as I know, no owner has been foundm neither can any definite connection to Bubbles' breeding. The holding time expires at the end of this week, when a decision will be made on the dog's future. Bubbles' breeder is a personal friend of the head of the shelter organisation and is trying to persuade him to rehome the boy to one of the good and loving homes she has lined up. She has promised to keep me informed and I will let you know as soon as I hear something myself.

Tania
4th February 2010, 11:03 PM
The shelter told me they would put the dog up for adoption if he wasn't claimed.
I also gave them details of Breed Rescue. Do you think they would not do what
is right for the dog?

ByFloSin
5th February 2010, 09:05 AM
The shelter told me they would put the dog up for adoption if he wasn't claimed.
I also gave them details of Breed Rescue. Do you think they would not do what
is right for the dog?

No I don't think that, but from what I am told the lady knows and has already checked out two people anxious to give a loving home to a Cavalier in need. I really don't want to get too involved in this, as I am only anxious for a happy outcome for the dog.

As I said, I will keep you informed as soon as I know what is happening.