• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Vertical or horizontal profiles?

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
We can do either. Any preferences? I just shifted them to vertical to see what people think. Of course we can leave them one way for a while and then shift, but that might bring on a large smelling salts bill for Margaret.

We can do either. Any preferences? I just shifted them to vertical to see what people think. Of course we can leave them one way for a while and then shift, but that might bring on a large smelling salts bill for Margaret.

Karlin, What are you doing to me? :confused:

I come on and find that that I need to read downwards rather than across.

I will be sending the smelling salt bill to you.

Don't know if this will help but my husband who helped plan the washington Metro found that people have a harder time reading vertical signs as compared to reading horizontal signs. I've found in doing crossword puzzles that I have to write out the vertical parts before I can get them. Guess I have an undiscovered reading problem.

Whatever you decide on, please keep it for a while or I'll also need smelling salts lol.

Heather R

I like it this new way, the avatars are bigger and you can see whereabouts someone is much better.:p

The avatars are actually the exact same size, either way, as it is a standard control that I haven't changed. :) They may look smaller due to the width of the profile panel when it is horizontal. It is true that all the info is then right there rather than way over on the right of the screen though!

I'll have a think and then decide. One of the (small) things many like about vBulletin is that its default is horizontal profiles.

I like horizontal, I find it a lot easier to process the info when it's all running horizontal. Plus, more posts fit on each page which is easier to follow.

Last edited:
Back