• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Leo's a "comfort spaniel" today--how about yours?

mckcomplex

I've had to call into work two days this week. My throat's on fire, and I can't very well teach in this state. So, I'm sitting at home in bed on the computer, bored to tears, and of course, Leo's insisting on sleeping in my lap--the only best part about being ill.

Just wanted to say how much I appreciate this forum. It's so nice to be able to chat with like-minded folks! I was thinking I'd like to see other users post their favorite "comfort moments" with cavalier darlings--how did they make you feel better when no one else could? :)

Oh oh I've got a good one! This just happened today, I began crying about something and my Belle always knows when I'm crying, she comes over to me, sniffs the air, sniffs my face and then licks the tears away... always makes me feel better. I would like to think she's drying my tears, but it's probably just the salty taste, haha :p

My most amazing comfort spaniel was tricolour Victoria. I used to get really bad migraines. When I came home from work with one and would lie down on the sofa or the bed she would sniff the air, then my feet, then work on the sole of whichever foot she thought suitable, massaging various parts of it with her tounge until she was sure I felt better. It worked almost every time.

Our Cav, Sophie, is the best(!) lap dog. She loves to lay on my lap, or have her head & front half on my lap, and it is sooooo therapeutic. I especially love it when she is trying to press herself against my chest, just for closer snuggles. :l*v:

Sorry you're not feeling well, but I'm glad you have such nice company!

Holly was a big comfort spaniel today. It was our afternoon for reading therapy at a local gradeschool. So many of the children were restless -- we've had cloudy, snowy days for weeks on end it seems. The kids can't go outside for recess, so Holly provided some much needed comfort and companionship! The teacher was so sad to see us go.

CKCS are definitely the best comfort dogs. Yesterday I was under the weather, and spent it on the sofa with Sophie curled up next to me. She's such a good cuddler! I am 99% back to normal today and it must be due to the "Cavalier Effect."

Back