PDA

View Full Version : "Cavalier Matters for Pet Folk"

Tania
9th February 2010, 07:39 PM
I would like to introduce a website I am working on. The idea is to provide easy information for Cavalier Pet Lovers and point them in the right direction for help, advice and support. (I do not offer medical advice).

I want to help raise awareness of the issues surrounding this breed plus puppy trafficking and farming in general.
I intend to mailshot most Vets, Pet shops and advertise on online Breeding places. I am having cards printed to hand out to people I meet in the street.

The website is still being worked on and is an ongoing project. Consequently Contents and not all of the links work yet.

The hope is to help raise funds for research and rescue, include short stories and pictures from Cavalier Pet Folk (plus stories about mine!)

A few people from the forum have helped and I would like to thank them for their support and ideas.

There are two petitions inside the book, one is not live yet (puppy farming), and the other one is now up and running "Survival of the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel"

I really hope you will enjoy this and "help to help Cavalier Folk" who are not sure where to go.

www.cavaliermatters.org (http://www.cavaliermatters.org)

Brian M
9th February 2010, 07:44 PM
Hi Tania

Congratulations on a wonderful project ,a superb website and Thank You for all your hard dedicated work

Kindest Wishes

Brian and The Girls

Karlin
9th February 2010, 07:47 PM
A fantastic amount of work has gone into this, Tania -- well done and I am sure many will find this very helpful as they look for a cavalier or want to know more about ownership or health issues. I hope it also helps to raise awareness and rally support around some serious issues affecting our breed. I hope it will help steer people away from puppy farm bred cavaliers and make this terrible crime against the breed more obvious to those who generally cannot even imagine it goes on.

I am looking forward to taking the time to go through the site in more detail. :jmp2:

Brian M
9th February 2010, 07:49 PM
Hi Again

Can we please ask all members would they please join us in signing:) The Petition:) ,which we sincerely hope you all agree with.

Thanks in Advance:)

Brian m:)

tupup
9th February 2010, 07:53 PM
Hi Tania
Well done to you,its a very well put together informative site.All your hard work was/is worth it,youve done an amazing job!cl*pcl*pI hope it helps everyone you intend it to
Best regards
G & Girls xx

Bet
9th February 2010, 08:16 PM
Great New Site.

Bet( Hargreaves)

sins
9th February 2010, 08:25 PM
Well done Tania and best wishes to Molly and Dougall who are undoubtedly the stars.
I love the illustrations, Page 9 the shoe and the foot, took me several minutes for the penny to drop:lol:.
But the Prince Charles spaniel on page 47 was hilarious.
It's got everything in there!
Sins

Nicki
9th February 2010, 09:10 PM
Congratulations Tania, you have obviously worked extremely hard on your site, it is a real labour of love. Your dedication and love for our beloved breed really come across - many thanks for doing this, and to all who have helped you.

I think it will be a great resource, most especially for the guardians of newly diagnosed dogs, but also to help people with researching about Cavaliers.

Charlifarley
9th February 2010, 09:18 PM
Wow, fantastic site, well done Tania. I love the story of your two dogs, apart from the puppy farm aspect.
I have signed the petition.
Brian - your secret mission is a secret no more. They are lovely photos (as usual !).

heather r
9th February 2010, 09:21 PM
What a wonderful web site! Truly enjoyable as well as informative!

Heather R

renate
9th February 2010, 09:29 PM
congratulations to you on this fantastic website!!
i like it very much, and simply love the illustrations:)

well done, indeed.

Margaret C
9th February 2010, 11:44 PM
Congratulations, it is a really impressive achievement.

I'm just about to sign the petition

Sabby
9th February 2010, 11:55 PM
Great Website.
I have signed the petition and I will get my Husband and friends to sign it too.

frecklesmom
10th February 2010, 12:18 AM
:thmbsup:Very nice. You've gone to a great deal of work, thank you. Passed the website on to Lucky Star Rescue with comment back how nice it is.

Jasperxxgabby
10th February 2010, 12:50 AM
Great website, :)
Signed

Jane P
10th February 2010, 10:46 AM
What a lovely website. Well done for your all hard work.

I have signed. x

Shelli
10th February 2010, 11:07 AM
Great website Tania, well done :)

Spangly
10th February 2010, 12:21 PM
What a lovely website! I have signed the petition too. I`m sure you will have lots of signatures very soon. Congratulations on a great achievement.cl*p

Sandrac
10th February 2010, 04:27 PM
Tania
Well done - such a super web site, informative, easy to read, and brilliant illustrations.b*n*n*

emsley
10th February 2010, 08:00 PM
Fantastic website - thank you so much for making it so easy and enjoyable - especially the apt illustrations.

I read all about the BARF diet, I had heard about it before, but wasn't sure if it was suitable for cavs,
tried my 3 on raw chicken wings tonight and if they could have sung at the top of their voices, they would have!

Karen and Ruby
10th February 2010, 08:07 PM
Ive been posting the link on all my facebook friends pages. the feedback so far is fabulous!!!!

Well done Tania!

Brian M
10th February 2010, 10:21 PM
Hi

Just to advise everybody that the link on www.cavaliermatters.org (http://www.cavaliermatters.org) for the" Battery Farmed Puppy Petition" is now live ,so may I request all members to please sign that one and pls,pls sign our cavaliermatters Good Breeding Practice Petition to demand all breeders to conform to their own clubs breeding guidelines which
so very many breeders still choose to ignore and thereby continue to churn out puppies bred from none health tested stock and condemn the vast majority of these poor Cavaliers to a life of utmost hell and suffering and leave us to pick the pces and care for them. And by signing give our beautiful Cavaliers some hope of a future as without action there is no hope and the Cavalier will join the list of other extinct animals

So Tania's superb website is there to help if anyones pet is struck down by one of these horrid diseases and both petitions are there to help stop things happening by taking action at the start of events and so are equal in the need for people to sign both ,so pls may I ask or implore all to sign as everyone is so important and can members spread the word to their friends or on facebook or any other forum they are on or just anywhere pls

With Best Wishes
and Sincerest Thanks

Poppy ,Daisy Rosie and Lily ask for their future cousins

and Brian says Thanks:)

Bet
11th February 2010, 10:30 AM
Signed the One Petition, now I 'll get the Puppy Farm one signed.

Could I say though ,and I would guess this will cause a Stir,that Professor Bateson mentioned in his Report ,that any Breeder who Produces 4 or more Litters Per Year is Defined as a Dog Farm.

Bet(Hargreaves)

Tania
11th February 2010, 12:13 PM
I was really pleased No.10 accepted our petition. They will not allow you to petition to No.10 if
it is a subject they have already dealt with. In this case, they had rejected a few because they had
already dealt with similar petitions and they did answer to one "there is already legislation in place to
protect dogs" etc. I had to approach it in a different way! I found this one petition I would like to share with you which had been rejected I thought I would share with you
it is very stange/funny! :eek:

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CavalierPride/

diddy
11th February 2010, 10:50 PM
Yes Tania, that one certainly was rather unique to say the least :confused:

diddy
11th February 2010, 11:08 PM
Really lovely website you have there Tania. Easy on the eye, informative, & enjoyable.
:)

Brian M
11th February 2010, 11:17 PM
Hi Diidy

Did you sign the two petitions.:confused:

diddy
11th February 2010, 11:31 PM
Hi Brian, 'Course I did :). The puppy farm one wasnt on line yet,so on my 'to do' list for tomorra. Luv those photos by the way.

Brian M
12th February 2010, 09:54 AM
Hi Diidy

Your a star as I knew:) ,its just sometimes of course when you view names on the petitions you often cant link them to the names people use on forums ,but we are progressing we are now in the process of contacting all the different forms media i.e. dog mags ,dog forums ,dog clubs ,papers ,T V and radio and of course we would wellcome any other suggestions ,lots are happening on these fronts so keep your eyes on the news , but we do so wish we had lots more signatories from our own membership here though I do realise people may not wish to sign for varying reasons and of course I fully respect that .

So come on people lets all show our unity and support as pure Pet Folk and next time you look at your beloved Cavaliers pls take a second and think of the future of this beloved breed and then as a sign of gratitude to Tania for all her hard work love and devotion she has poured into the production of this fabulous new website www.cavaliermatters.org (http://www.cavaliermatters.org) pls spare a second and join us and sign both petitions.

With Respect and Thanks To All

Brian
Poppy ,Daisy,Rosie and Lily .

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4006/4297762347_4eb475836d_m.jpg

Cathy Moon
13th February 2010, 04:21 AM
Congrats! Great site! :thmbsup: I look forward to reading the new sections that were just completed.
Glad the dog magazines are writing about it. :rah:

I plan to send the link to several people.

Karlin
13th February 2010, 11:52 PM
I'd encourage all UK folks to sign the petitions. :) They are only open to UK residents, hence many of us can't sign the No. 10 petitions.

Sabby
14th February 2010, 01:27 PM
I think it’s rather sad that after all the work that has gone into this we only have 31 signatures.

emsley
14th February 2010, 03:11 PM
Just signed !

Brian M
14th February 2010, 09:29 PM
Hi

Can I say that on the www.cavaliermatters.org (http://www.cavaliermatters.org) website there are actually two petitions ,one for to help our Cavaliers and the other supporting the fight against Poppy Farming but as the site is a work in progress maybe when Karlin looked only one may have been active .

On the Cavalier the Cavalier Petition all are most wellcome to sign ,but the other being a N0 10 petition only UK owners should sign that one .

May I also agree with Karlin and Sabby and express my utter dismay and disappointment that after all the hard work ,time ,love and devotion shown by Tania in creating this superb facility, the utter lack of support of the petitions by some of our members who by their obvious absence , even though they post daily here on other things , appear not to be concerned about helping the future of our beloved dogs .Non forum members even out number our members on the petition :(. I Thank those members who have voted so far and to those who haven't please do YOUR breed needs you, The Pet Owners ,the people who own by far the greatest number of Cavalier King Charles Spaniels so please vote and show you care.:)

So come on vote if you can click on here you can also click on here . http://www.gopetition.co.uk/online/33943.html

Thank You
Brian
Poppy ,Daisy,Rosie and Lily

Tania
14th February 2010, 09:50 PM
There is a problem with the No.1O petition (Puppy Farming). Puppy Love who I am involved with were not 100% happy with some of the content. I want to work with them and have decided to take the petition off. It does not seem possible to amend or cancel so I have re-written the petition with Go. Puppy Love are happy with the new version and it will be on the Cavalier Matters website tomorrow. I will let everyone know when it is back. This new petition can be signed by all people outside the UK.

Cathy Moon
14th February 2010, 10:47 PM
I signed. There are 36 signatures now.

Brian M
14th February 2010, 10:50 PM
Hi Cathy and Clare

And A BIG THANK YOU so lets keep the numbers rolling ,can i have another bid over 36 pls:)

Margaret C
14th February 2010, 11:21 PM
Don't be too despondent. Things do take a time to get going.

I'm sure this will snowball as more and more people read Tania's beautifully presented website.
As for the site itself, it is going to be so helpful for first time cavalier buyers who are looking for information that can be easily understood.

Love my Cavaliers
14th February 2010, 11:36 PM
I'm number 37!

Karen and Ruby
15th February 2010, 12:57 PM
Tania

Does it mean that we will have to sign the Pup Farm petition again???

Tania
15th February 2010, 01:08 PM
Hi Kare,

Yes sorry! :( Will let you know when its up and running.

Tania
15th February 2010, 01:28 PM
Here is the link for the "Puppy Farming" petition.
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/battery-farmed-puppies.html

Molski
15th February 2010, 02:22 PM
Here is the link for the "Puppy Farming" petition.
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/battery-farmed-puppies.html

Just signed .

diddy
15th February 2010, 05:19 PM
:)just signed

KCB
15th February 2010, 09:34 PM
Signed. Congratulations on the website its great!

Brian M
15th February 2010, 10:08 PM
Hello Jan Bell

Many thanks for signing you seem to be my guardian angel watching over ,oh how i dearly wish you were
available to help us in this difficult time your intellect and words of wisdom are sorely missed .I do hope sometime when you are ready you will return, as its people like you who we so need to help here and put some backbone into all those members who read about our tasks and post lots of wind about nothing but trivia and then of course do absolutely nothing they are all around us ,we have so few like you Jan so the door is forever open for your return if you so decide
Sincerely Your Friend Always
Brian:)

Desrae
15th February 2010, 11:06 PM
I signed. What a wonderful site Tanya! WELL DONE!!:*nana:

Brian M
15th February 2010, 11:09 PM
Hi

Wow we have 49 signatures thats better ,can somebody pls sign NOW and make it 50:)

*Pauline*
15th February 2010, 11:17 PM
put some backbone into all those members who read about our tasks and post lots of wind about nothing but trivia and then of course do absolutely nothing they are all around us

That's not very nice.

Sabby
15th February 2010, 11:45 PM
That's not very nice.

Maybe not very nice but unfortunately there is some truth there.

I know it’s everybody’s choice to sign petitions but only united we will achieve anything. It’s not to boost anybody’s ego this is to help this lovely breed to hopefully have a better future.
Tania has given us a chance to make our opinions heard so take this opportunity to do so. People forget that maybe one day your dog will have MVD or SM. One of my dogs has MVD hopefully I be spared the pain of SM but I am not kidding myself. If we would have had people like Tania 10 years ago who knows maybe less of our dogs would have MVD.

Margaret C
16th February 2010, 01:09 AM
Oh dear,

I would happily have signed the puppy farm petition, as it is something I feel very strongly about.
Unfortunately when I read it closely I find I'm unable to add my signature.

I fully support all Tania has done with her website and her first petition, and I know that there has been a great many people helping her, so I don't want them to feel hurt or indignant, but I cannot agree with the wording of the last stipulation that states:-

"Make the seller responsible for any health problems that occur within the first three years of a puppy’s life"

I understand what you are trying to do, but in some cases the most careful and responsible breeder may produce a puppy with an inherited disease......in cavaliers SM & MVD have hit some breeders who have tested for years.

The way this sentence is written it could, in fact, make a breeder responsible for a puppy's broken leg.

I hope to breed a litter this year, if all the health checks are successful, but I will not be able to guarantee that there willl be no early onset heath problems when I come to sell the puppies, only that I have done my best for them.

Despite this, I do wholeheartedly support the rest of Tania's venture and she has my greatest admiration in what she is doing

Cathy Moon
16th February 2010, 03:23 AM
I hadn't read the puppy farm petition, because I'm not a UK resident and therefore cannot sign it. But I have to agree with Margaret; that is requiring too much of dog breeders.

ETA: Other than that one sentence the petition looks great.

Tania
16th February 2010, 10:32 AM
C
athy Moon;353029]I hadn't read the puppy farm petition, because I'm not a UK resident and therefore cannot sign it. But I have to agree with Margaret; that is requiring too much of dog breeders.

If everybody agrees, I will take this sentence out. The main objective is to stop "Puppy Farming" If I have confused the issue I apologise. I changed the petition to GO, so people from outside the UK can sign.

Tania
16th February 2010, 10:59 AM
I have applied for the change to made on the petition, it takes six hours, so will let you all know when it is
done :xfngr:

jasperpaw
16th February 2010, 01:48 PM
It may be very difficult to know if some have signed or not, I for one would not know some posters first names, I have signed. but probably not many would know my first name. I would agree with Sabby, sadly I have a dog with MVD and we do not know what is round the corner with the health of our dear cavaliers as they age, MVD being one of the problems with this breed and to deal with the suffering of SM on top would be very hard to deal with.

Tania
16th February 2010, 11:30 PM
Oh dear,

I would happily have signed the puppy farm petition, as it is something I feel very strongly about.

[QUOTE]
"Make the seller responsible for any health problems that occur within the first three years of a puppy’s life"

I understand what you are trying to do, but in some cases the most careful and responsible breeder may produce a puppy with an inherited disease......in cavaliers SM & MVD have hit some breeders who have tested for years.

The way this sentence is written it could, in fact, make a breeder responsible for a puppy's broken leg.

I hope to breed a litter this year, if all the health checks are successful, but I will not be able to guarantee that there willl be no early onset heath problems when I come to sell the puppies, only that I have done my best for them

:oops:

I am so sorry everybody, I have made a real mess of this and should have got someone to check the petition before I posted it.

It would be unethical to edit the petition as people may have agreed to the part in question, so I have created a new one, exactly the same with the last point deleted.

Please can I appeal to you to sign once again. I am so very sorry.

http://www.gopetition.com/online/34126.html

This is the new video recently made by "Puppy Love"

http://www.dogs-r-us.org/news.shtml

Thank you everybody for all your patience and support.

Desrae
16th February 2010, 11:48 PM
[QUOTE=Margaret C;353014]

That's ok Tanya, this stuff is a lot of work, isn't it!? But you're making Cavalier History!

Margaret C
17th February 2010, 12:07 AM
[QUOTE=Margaret C;353014]Oh dear,

:oops:

I am so sorry everybody, I have made a real mess of this and should have got someone to check the petition before I posted it.

It would be unethical to edit the petition as people may have agreed to the part in question, so I have created a new one, exactly the same with the last point deleted.

Please can I appeal to you to sign once again. I am so very sorry.

http://www.gopetition.com/online/34126.html

This is the new video recently made by "Puppy Love"

http://www.dogs-r-us.org/news.shtml

Hello Tania,

You have nothing to be sorry about. You are working hard to make a difference, and you have never done anything like this before.

I greatly admire you.

I'm now going to sign your petition.

Jasperxxgabby
17th February 2010, 01:05 AM
Signed

The video is heartbreaking, I hope your hard work organising this petition will make a difference, dont be sorry, feel proud, for at least you are doing something you feel strongly about :)

Jane P
17th February 2010, 09:29 AM
Hi Tania

I have just signed. Well done for all your hard work, I have nothing but admiration for you.

diddy
17th February 2010, 10:19 AM
Just signed :thmbsup:

diddy
17th February 2010, 10:25 AM
Have just signed your petition. Well done Tania

Sabby
17th February 2010, 02:37 PM
Hi Tania
At my agility class there are two cavaliers that just joined, they are both tiny about half the size of mine. One of the women even ask me if Harley was a Cavalier. I also got the feeling that they don’t have a clue about the health problems Cavaliers have. I didn’t want to go in all guns blazing and start educating these two. So I thought it would be a good idea if someone could create like the size of a business card with a nice logo and www.cavaliersmatters.org (http://www.cavaliersmatters.org) . Just on paper so we could print it out and I would put it on cardboard and laminate them. This would be handy to give out.
I would like to help in this but i have not got a clue about computers and how to create anything like this.
Just a thought

Tania
17th February 2010, 03:18 PM
Hi

I have had cards printed, if anyone would like some please pm me you address and I will post some
out to you. It will save you the bother of messing around :D

Cavalier Wisdom
17th February 2010, 04:59 PM
A very well made website you have created. :thmbsup:

You are doing great things, and I greatly admire you.

I have signed the petition!

Brian M
19th February 2010, 12:15 PM
Hi

I have been pushing hard to get our beautiful site mentioned on Dog World but that darned girl
Daisy:p has beat me to it. :(

http://www.dogworld.co.uk/Readers-Photos/CAV-Murtagh

sins
19th February 2010, 12:47 PM
Aww look at the diva herself....
She looks like she's just been accosted by the paparazzi:D
or maybe she's insulted that she's been called a cavaLAlier:oops:
Sins

Margaret C
20th February 2010, 03:31 PM
I have just looked again at Tania's website and it now has a really good section on Unique Diseases in the Cavalier.
I love the way the veterinary words are explained, so it is easy for new owners to understand.

Well done Tania

Cathy Moon
20th February 2010, 04:48 PM
That's a lovely photo of Daisy; she's my favorite of your 'flower' girls, Brian. Her facial expression is so sweet and cute.

Off to read the new section of the website, and I still plan to sign the puppy farm petition!

Tania
20th February 2010, 06:29 PM
Hi

I have put on a new section about Diseases, there are lots more sketches to go on next
week, I was disappointed we couldn't upload everything together. (people work to slow );)
I will also create a section on general health tips and things to watch out for (the dreaded anal Glands)
Plus next week I have asked my web guy to focus on the "Celebration" part, this will look very different
when finished.
There are new cartoons, a) 2nd Contents Page b) New Disease Section c) Batesons

If anyone feels I have things in the wrong order, I have made a mistake or want me to include anything else, please tell me I will gladly receive suggestions. Oh yes! we are working on a facility so you can just type the page number in you want, hopefully everything will improve as time goes on.

Brian M
20th February 2010, 10:40 PM
Hi

Just want to Thank all those wonderful people on another forum. for giving lots of publicity to our wonderful new website www.cavaliermatters.org (http://www.cavaliermatters.org) and to The Queen Bee, who I would love to meet personally, cos you sound such a charmer ( I am sure we will one day not too far away ) and give a big Thanks to for making this new website of ours so popular and for attracting lots of new Cavalier owners to view and possibly sign our petitions .

I just knew we would get on that wonderful forum of yours Ron and of course and we did ,and so how very right we are AGAIN . And as it now appears we are on first name terms you wont miind if I do the same ,is that O K.. Vera ,as without you Ve we wouldn't be the success we are, so again thanks Vera old girl.;)

Oh and pls, pls if any of our members on here who haven't signed yet and wish to view and hopefully sign the petitions are here

Cavaliers

http://www.gopetition.co.uk/online/33943.html

Puppy Farming

http://www.gopetition.co.uk/online/34126.html

Thanks and Best Wishes To All especially my new best mate Ronni.:rolleyes:

Margaret C
21st February 2010, 12:03 AM
Hi

Just want to Thank all those wonderful people on C.C. for giving lots of publicity to our wonderful new website www.cavaliermatters.org (http://www.cavaliermatters.org) and to The Queen Bee, who I would love to meet personally, cos you sound such a charmer ( I am sure we will one day not too far away ) and give a big Thanks to for making this new website of ours so popular and for attracting lots of new Cavalier owners to view and possibly sign our petitions .

I just knew we would get on that wonderful forum of yours Ron and of course and we did

Sorry about the title of this post, I just couldn't resist :razz:.

Well, they say any publicity is good publicity,and I suppose that holds true even if it is because a member of the breeders' forum is living up to their nickname.

The website is a wonderful initiative. Well done Tania & Brian.

Karen and Ruby
21st February 2010, 12:14 AM
:thmbsup:I couldnt agree more!!!!

Ive posted direct links to both the Website AND both petitions on the Cavalier Fan group im a part of on Facebook!
It have nearly 7000 members so hopefully you will get some extra signitures on there very very soon!!!

FABULOUS!!

diddy
21st February 2010, 11:11 AM
Hi

as it now appears we are on first name terms you wont miind if I do the same ,is that O K.. Vera ,as without you Ve we wouldn't be the success we are, so again thanks Vera old girl.;)

.:rolleyes::rotfl:

Bet
21st February 2010, 01:45 PM
Just a Thought ,is there any way in the Future, the Web Site could also appear in Book Form.

Bet

Tania
21st February 2010, 08:44 PM
Just a Thought ,is there any way in the Future, the Web Site could also appear in Book Form.

Bet

Yes, it would be nice if we could try to aim for this by the end of the year.

kind regards

Karlin
22nd February 2010, 12:24 PM
Ok folks; I prefer if members do not bring up other boards please? Focus on the issues to hand, and your efforts but I am not interested in having a dialogue carried on via posts directed at members elsewhere regardless of what they say or don't say, unless there is an outstanding reason for doing so (sometimes there has been, but even then, in almost every case a point can be made without naming other boards or referring to other individuals). Please PM me if you wish to address a specific issue from another board by referring to that board -- but in 99.999% of cases, the issue can be addressed without needing to refer back to other people or other boards by name. Thanks.

:thmbsup:

Brian M
23rd February 2010, 10:00 AM
Hello

Just an update on the two petitions attached to www.cavaliermatters.org (http://www.cavaliermatters.org) we have now reached 75 signatures on the support cavmatters one and a grand number of 88 on the puppy farming petition ,so a BIG thanks to all who have viewed the website and a BIGGER thank you to those who have kindly signed.

Kindest Regards To All

Bet
23rd February 2010, 10:13 AM
There's to be a TV Program on BBC 1 in early March about Puppy Farming by Joe Inglis ,Vet.

Bet

Cathy Moon
25th February 2010, 02:16 AM
Hello

Just an update on the two petitions attached to www.cavaliermatters.org (http://www.cavaliermatters.org) we have now reached 75 signatures on the support cavmatters one and a grand number of 88 on the puppy farming petition ,so a BIG thanks to all who have viewed the website and a BIGGER thank you to those who have kindly signed.

Kindest Regards To All

It took me awhile to put my comment together for the puppy farm petition, but I have finally finished - now there are 105 signatures. :D

Thanks again for all your hard work on the site and the petitions, Tania and Brian!

Brian M
26th February 2010, 10:28 PM
Hi

An update on petition numbers as follows

http://www.gopetition.co.uk/online/34126.html this one is the anti puppy farming and we have 184 signatures WOW

http://www.gopetition.co.uk/online/33943.html this one is in support of www.cavaiermatters.org (http://www.cavaiermatters.org) and here we are at 86 signatures so WOW again and a BIG thanks to all and a little plead to some who may have missed them pls ,pls read and if agree sign .

Also have a look at this

http://www.petstreet.co.uk/Forum/637661.www_cavaliermatters_org%20+Two%20Petitions% 20Help%20Pls

It all helps ,thanks to all members and pls if anybody else want to help and push pls do so we are all together .

Best Wishes

Brian
Poppy,Daisy ,Rosie and Lily

Tania
26th February 2010, 11:04 PM
Well done Brian and thank you for all your work !:w*w:

tupup
28th February 2010, 09:08 PM
Well done on this so far,Tania the site looks better & better each time i check in!:DBri youre like a dog with a bone-in a good way lol! Keep pushing on....
btw T plse can you send me some little cards to hand out if youve any going spare-have you still got our address? xx

Tania
28th February 2010, 09:34 PM
Well done on this so far,Tania the site looks better & better each time i check in!:DBri youre like a dog with a bone-in a good way lol! Keep pushing on....
btw T plse can you send me some little cards to hand out if youve any going spare-have you still got our address? xx

Of course I still have your address, I will post you some tomorrow. I have already posted to Sabby, if anyone else would like any please let me know, I am happy to send them FOC. I have left some with my vet and went down to Pets at Home today to give some out. Some small A5 leaflets/posters will be made in the near future to either be given out, put on the vet notice boards and Pet Shops. I have been promised a mailing list for vets in UK, fingers crossed.:xfngr: I am updating the website as quickly as I can, unfortunately my web guy had a cold last week! I believe it was a man cold :eek: so not much was done on his part. :(

Wagtails
1st March 2010, 04:28 PM
I am updating the website as quickly as I can, unfortunately my web guy had a cold last week! I believe it was a man cold :eek: so not much was done on his part. :(

Do you mean this sort of thing?
http://glumbert.com/media/mancold

Kate H
1st March 2010, 10:19 PM
Hi Tania

We could give out some A5 posters/fliers at the Fun Day in Coventry on 24 April - put them on the Information Table. I'll send you a copy of the programme when I've done the final version, it gives my address.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Tania
1st March 2010, 10:20 PM
Great thanks :D

Karlin
2nd March 2010, 01:06 AM

:rotfl: Oh it is so true! Women always just get on with it... :lol:

Rj Mac
2nd March 2010, 09:54 AM

:lol:I've worked with a few guys over the years who are just like that:rolleyes:

Great news on the numbers:D

Tania
2nd March 2010, 05:15 PM
I have just received a telephone call from a chap who would like to interview me for
Crufts FM Radio on Saturday 13th!! My guess is, he has not done his homework :huh:

sins
2nd March 2010, 05:53 PM
Perhaps he has done his homework!
Always remember for each and every argument....there is an opposing view.
This is Crufts radio to celebrate healthy happy dogs;)
I expect they'll manage to produce someone to soothe all your groundless worries and fears.:rolleyes:
However I'm sure you're capaple and competent and more than equal to any challenge that may come your way.
Sins
(Arch Cynic)

Kate H
2nd March 2010, 07:53 PM
Crufts FM is about information rather than argument - perhaps I'm being naive, but they may simply have heard some people saying some good things about your website and want to tell people more. There's a lot more to Crufts than breed showing, so Crufts FM also covers Discover Dogs, Good Citizens, Dog Days Out, Obedience, Agility, Flyball, Health etc, etc - are you saying your website isn't relevant to ANY of these??!! From my experience of doing Discover Dogs for five years, there are far more pet owners at Crufts than serious breeders - so take the opportunity to spread the word!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

tupup
2nd March 2010, 09:21 PM
Thats a fantastic opportunity to get the word out/get publicity & who knows where it may lead Tania? We 3 cant wait to see you when you end up on the telly!:D I know you'll do really well whatever they ask you & get across whats needed in your usual calm articulate way,I (Im sure we) will be rooting for you!

Huge well dones go to Brian,your hard work is appreciated. As most of it is behind the scenes perhaps not everyone realises how much effort youre putting into getting Tanias new site publicised,badgering away, emailing frequently, the dog press,the Kc,crufts etc.etc Youre doing a sterling job,keep at it:thmbsup:Will you & Tania remember us when youve made the world a better place:lol:

Please can anyone who is yet to do so,go on & sign the 2 petitions? Every signature matters,it will help & it will make the endless hours of toil even more worthwhile for our friends,your support is valued.Thanks for reading:)

Sabby
3rd March 2010, 10:36 AM
I assume you have to come to Crufts to do the interview?
Saturday is the Toy Breed day.

Bet
3rd March 2010, 10:59 AM
As a Previous Post has just mentioned,Tania, there will be more Pet Folk at Crufts than Breeders.

You have such a chance to put your Thoughts across to the Public, giving the Plus Side ,but for sure the Down-Side as well, about the Worries of having a 4 Legged Friend.

I could never do any-thing like what you have been asked to do ,I would For Sure Lose The HEID ,as we say in Scotland, and ruffle Feathers.!!!!

Best Of Luck, when you think about it ,who buys most of the Cavalier Puppies from the Cavalier Breeders but us Cavalier Pet Owners, would not their Showing Grind to a Halt if it was'nt for Us.

It's about time that this was being recognized by some Cavalier Breeders, That we Cavalier Pet Owners should be having a say in the Cavalier World.

Bet

Brian M
4th March 2010, 02:09 PM
Hello

The numbers for our petitions are as follows

www.cavaliermatters.org (http://www.cavaliermatters.org) 97 signatures

puppy farming 254 signatures

And please have a peek at the Care 2 Petition website ,the petition on this is linked to
our main petitions but I also thought that the awareness and publicity attracted by the site
would be the more important factor.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/14/in-support-ofthe-principles-and-aims-of-wwwcavaliermattersorg

Thanks To All :)

Tania
4th March 2010, 02:35 PM
I assume you have to come to Crufts to do the interview?
Saturday is the Toy Breed day.

I was going to go to Crufts anyway on the Saturday as I wanted to go onto the Kennel Club Stand to
see what they have to say as Maraget suggested. I left it that it, that the Radio chap will call me on my mobile, so there is no set time. He might not call me if he doesn't like what he reads! I am not looking to
have an argument or fight with anyone, it is important if I get the opportunity to raise awareness and
let people know there is help and support.

Brian, the Care 2 petition is a clever idea, what made you think of that?

Brian M
4th March 2010, 03:22 PM
Hi Tania

The good point about the Care2 website is that they have a membership of 12,782,431 people and so within a few hours we already have many signatures and "some?" interesting comments ,so I think the awareness raised and the publicity we achieve will just apply more pressure onto people to breed correctly and so of course to breed for the future health and wellfare of our beloved Cavaliers.:)

Thanks To All

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

for our Cavaliers

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/14/in-support-ofthe-principles-and-aims-of-wwwcavaliermattersorg#signatures

" The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Gandhi

Charlotte
4th March 2010, 05:54 PM
Yay i can get onto the website now, Brian sent the website to me in a message but it wouldnt work, fortunatly it is working now, and of course i will sign the petitions, it looks really good!

Desrae
7th March 2010, 12:49 PM
This is off-topic to where the thread has gone, so apologies... but I've visited your Cavaliermatters website a few times Tania and it's fabulous. I REALLY REALLY LOVE the artwork!!! I already looked up the artist but didn't find anything of their merchandise being cavalier-related. I have a Rupert's Fund fundraising idea regarding greeting cards with this artwork. Would they be willing to work with us on that? Anyway, I would love to have greeting cards with the artwork on them, anyone else? They are just so sweet.

Tania
7th March 2010, 09:40 PM
If you are interested in using the artist it is not a problem. We have already had two greeting cards
for christmas, unfortunately they were too late to use for 2009 and will use them for 2010. Plus this lady is designing general greeting cards for various occassions. This week you will see a new cartoon of Karen raising funds, plus there will be a page for Ruperts fund. There is also a lot of work in progress for the website.
If you would like the contact details please pm me.

Brian M
11th March 2010, 03:33 PM
Hello To All

An update on petition numbers so far

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/14/in-support-ofthe-principles-and-aims-of-wwwcavaliermattersorg#signatures Care2Causes website

Total of 315

http://www.gopetition.com/online/34126.html Puppy Farming

Total of 298

http://www.gopetition.com/online/33943.html Supporting Cavaliermatters

Total of 109

The word is going around and we are winning, our Cavaliers WILL be bred for Health and Welfare first and foremost ,so may I again please implore folks who may not have signed any of the above to please read Tania's superb website and consider signing both the linked petitions , if they haven't already ,thank you:).

http://www.cavaliermatters.org/

And secondly I wish to say Thank You to a beautiful lady who has made all this happen ,Cavaliertalks very own "Tania Ledger" who has devoted so much love ,time ,devotion and money into making this truly unique website available for all Cavalier owners around the Globe ,and may I express my personal thanks to Tania for allowing me to assist her in the development and promotion of http://www.cavaliermatters.org/

And of course special thanks to Miss CavalierTalk herself the one and only" Karlin Lillington" (who we all hope is having a very well deserved few days away in the sun ) for providing this very special place where Cavalier Owners are all allowed to freely exchange help ,ideas ,advice and different views ,for all this we are truly indebted to her .

And lastly may I wish Tania all my support and devotion in all her future efforts for our boys and girls ,and especially lots of wisdom and courage ,though she lacks neither , for her Radio Crufts interview this Saturday at 1.00 pm ,though having gotten to know this special lady over the last few months maybe I should be wishing help for the person who is doing the interview as our Tania is a very capable,passionate ,knowledgeable , formidable opponent for anybody to tackle, so I do not envy whoever will be sitting opposite her . :)

With Special Thanks To These Two :flwr::flwr: Special People

Tania
1st April 2010, 02:26 PM
Thank you everyone for all of your support, thank you Brian also for continuing to campaign with such dedication and passion :thnku:
The website has a few new updates in the section "A Celebration of this Beautiful Breed" I will hopefully be working on it further over the Easter Holidays. Have a lovely time and hope you enjoy this little cartoon we had drawn.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4062/4478835304_a70c19b734.jpg

Wagtails
1st April 2010, 04:17 PM
Thanks, Tania, for the super cartoon and your Easter Greetings. We hope you all have a really good Easter too.

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv97/Cavviewagtails/Animations/EasterBunnywaving.gif http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv97/Cavviewagtails/Animations/HappyEasterEggsinabasket.gif http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv97/Cavviewagtails/Animations/HappyEasterbunny.gif

PS. Have you noticed that you have had 4003 viewings on this thread so far? Is this a record?

Tania
1st April 2010, 04:18 PM
No, I hadn't noticed. Love your pink bunny,:badgrin:

Tania
2nd April 2010, 10:07 PM
With Molly, Dougalls and Dottys help we thought we would take some nice photos of a selection of the pillows:- Unfortunately there is a burn mark on the throw from the Aga, you can hardly see it but the camera has picked it up....so another photo session over the weekend.

A number of people have had a go at making these, one lot went to a primary school as they were not suitable, they were lovely colours and fluffy.....another big batch has gone to old peoples homes to put under their ankles when they put their feet up, they were just a bit to hard and the stitching around the ribbon could have easily been unpicked by the likes of Dangerous Daisy!

We have settled on these as they are very pretty, the covers can be washed. We also make them in a ruby red.

I can pose with these

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4061/4485051404_1f0f217cc2.jpg

Yellow with pink is nice!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4052/4484400369_26b4226bc8_b.jpg

Pink with pink is nice

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2715/4485048830_19a1269f7d_b.jpg

Molly is perfect for posing, as soon as she sees the camera she is ready for action.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4048/4484396819_967bc264c9.jpg

This is Dougalls contribution:-

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2759/4484395873_663f69dfb9.jpg

Brian M
2nd April 2010, 10:14 PM
HI T

Wheres Dotty:confused:

Tania
2nd April 2010, 10:25 PM
This is Dotty, she had a quick peek! but doesn't like the camera much...

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4072/4485135812_7e546922c8.jpg

Karlin
2nd April 2010, 10:41 PM
:rotfl: I like Dougall's contribution...

They are really lovely; will PM you about a couple. :)

Tania
2nd April 2010, 10:57 PM
This is Dougall exhausted after the photo shoot ... he has no pride either:D
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4066/4485201762_a846ecc512_b.jpg

Wagtails
3rd April 2010, 01:38 PM
Tania, you ought to seriously consider writing some children's books based on your dogs' antics........Molly and Dougall go Dotty, for example! You must have more than enough photos already - and you seem to know at least one artist for the drawings.

So with all the spare time you have (:eek:) why not give it a go - we'll all buy them!!!

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv97/Cavviewagtails/Animations/Bookreadingpoog.gif http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv97/Cavviewagtails/Animations/Bookreadingpoog.gif http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv97/Cavviewagtails/Animations/Bookreadingpoog.gif

Nicki
3rd April 2010, 10:17 PM
If you've got it, flaunt it huh Dougall?? :D

These boys are just so relaxed aren't they???

The pillows are gorgeous Tania, they look wonderful - thanks for putting the photos up.

Also a big thanks for the lovely Easter greeting, that's adorable.

Tania
3rd April 2010, 10:54 PM
Tania, you ought to seriously consider writing some children's books based on your dogs' antics........Molly and Dougall go Dotty.

I have approximately 8,000 photos, 7,999 of them are on the sofa! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing001.gif

I will be compiling a story book in the back part of Cavalier Matters! I will be writing Dottys Diaries featuring the
Sofa, Dougall and his TV http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing011.gif and of course Molly and her many amazing faces. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-alien010.gif

Wagtails
5th April 2010, 12:16 AM
Eggscellent!!!

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv97/Cavviewagtails/Animations/HappyEasterEggsinabasket.gif

Brian M
14th April 2010, 02:07 PM
Hi

Just advising Tania is constantly working and updating our cavaliermatters web site with new informative material and lots of new lovely Cavalier Photographs .

http://www.cavaliermatters.org/

And of course the on gong petitions for people to sign .:)

http://www.gopetition.com/online/34126.html 334 signatures against puppy farms

http://www.gopetition.com/online/33943.html 122 signatures for cavmatters aims

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/14/in-support-ofthe-principles-and-aims-of-wwwcavaliermattersorg
335 more supporting cavaliermatters aims

Thanks again to all for your kind support ,and of course special thanks to TANIA .:)

Tania
20th April 2010, 01:16 PM
I wrote this article (with help) at the begining of the year. If I had written it now I would have mentioned the Fund Raising.

As I am plugging the Cavalier Matters Website I am creating a couple of pages for Ruperts fund and The SM Cavalier Collection Scheme in the hope people will see it. The reason this article was put into the Nursing section the Editors have said the Nurses like this paper as they read it in their breaks. Hopefully doing this will help bring more awareness as I believe there are still Vets who do not diagnose SM. Now this has been publisehd I will plan a mailshot to all the Vets hoping they will put a leaflet on their notice board. I will post some of the leaflets as they become available.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2743/4537133851_6f1f744513_b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4057/4537764500_baa51829fb_b.jpg

Charlifarley
20th April 2010, 01:23 PM
Tania, I re-visited your website last night for the first time since you launched it. Wow, it looks even better, with lots more info on it. Well done, its a great source of information to both new and existing owners. Well done on the article too by the way, it looks and reads very well.

Tania
20th April 2010, 01:35 PM
Thank you, we are currently working on a page which will also be turned into a leaflet for the SM Cavalier Collection Scheme. Plus I am creating Dotty's Diaries (life of a dog on a puppy farm), Our first Furry Fact went on last week.

A Wolf in Cavalier Clothing!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4067/4537812300_d429d43015_m.jpg

sins
20th April 2010, 01:37 PM
Well done Tania,
Fabulous article and hopefully of some value to the veterinary nurses who care for our cavalier patients.
Sins

Brian M
20th April 2010, 02:31 PM
Hello Tania

What a well composed informative factual article ,and thank you for sharing with us your horrible experiances at the hands of those unscrupulous ,uncaring nasty breeders.We are all aware that their are far too many of this type of breeder around who attempt to influence others and satisfy their own self created bloated egos by it seems any underhand, bullying tactics and devious means they can think of ,but they themselves are often easy to find by their own loud replies to other comments of which they cannot resist the temtation to reply in their own extreme aggressive manner, this only shows themselves to all and highlights the perceived threat they feel to their own cosy self made secure little world they and their small goup of self back slapping individuals occupy.But thankfully we have people like Tania who so obviously has only the true love of her Cavaliers to sustain her in her struggle to improve the future health and welfare of our beautiful breed and bring to an end The Age of The" Dinosaur " Cavalier Breeder that many of these people still belong to and who also still refuse to accept the facts from P.D.E.

Wagtails
20th April 2010, 04:17 PM
Well done, Tania - you are working so hard to raise awareness and your article for nurses struck exactly the right chord. The website continues from strength to strength too, so a big pat on the back for all your efforts

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv97/Cavviewagtails/Animations/Goldstarspoog.gif