PDA

View Full Version : Really good information for when taking your cavalier to a professional groomer!

Cathy Moon
14th February 2010, 12:06 AM
This link to a professional dog groomers' discussion about how to groom cavaliers. What I like about it is how the thread shows us the grooming details and choices to consider, and how this might help us explain our wishes to the groomer! :thmbsup:
http://www.petgroomerforums.com/chat/showthread.php?t=9773

Karlin
14th February 2010, 12:36 AM
That's really helpful, and lets people go in and speak the right language to their groomer. I tmight spare some owners the dreaded shaved cavalier surprise! :lol:

Cathy Moon
14th February 2010, 12:56 AM
That's really helpful, and lets people go in and speak the right language to their groomer. I tmight spare some owners the dreaded shaved cavalier surprise! :lol:
Right - we've had a few members in tears when their cavaliers were shaved.:eek:

frecklesmom
14th February 2010, 03:23 AM
Cathy, this is so timely for me. A nice couple here adopted a LS rescue and after a few months off he went to the groomer (my groomer). The communications must have been awful, I was stunned when I saw him. This groomer loves this Cavalier and was an essential person in his rescue. I am printing out the forum for his "Mom" and hoping this will help her if she takes him in again. I had him on an overnight and today, when she came to get him, she told me when she first saw him after grooming , she cried.
Actually he went in initially for grooming it was first to tidy up his "muttonchops"-:-).