• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Have you seen the film 'The Great Escape' ???

team bella

My two girls must have because since I've had the garden turf laid and the fencing done, they have successfully dug tunnels around the garden and escaped at least 3 times. Him in doors has had to dig in chicken wire at the escape routes, and it now looks like he'll now have to do the whole garden as they keep digging out new tunnels. Its not like they've never had a garden before !!! Perhaps its because this is a new garden they insist in digging or perhaps its the rabbits scent that's driving them mad. They are like 2 furry JCBs. Has anyone else had this problem???
I now can't let them out in the garden at all, because they are so fast they lift the turf and are under the fence before I can get to them. The two McQueen sisters are now in 'the Cooler' (utility room) until the garden is transformed into a high secuity prison yard.

[QUOTEThe two McQueen sisters are now in 'the Cooler' (utility room) until the garden is transformed into a high secuity prison yard. ][/QUOTE]

None of ours are diggers, but i sympathise, you must be pulling your hair out

I sympathise. Our eldest was a dreadful digger when she was younger. Within months of getting her, we had to spend a fortune replacing what we thought was secure fencing. We had to dig trenches and bury gravel boards into the ground to stop her from tunneling under the fencing. It cost us over £1000 to securely enclose the whole garden, and that was just materials because we did the work ourselves!
Now of course, she chooses to dig great big ditches in the middle of the lawn instead, ably assisted by her B&T hooligan baby sister:D
Your McQueen sisters sound like a lively little pair!:p

I've heard of people needing to sink a wall of bricks about a foot down below the level of a fence to stop ardent diggers. :eek: I can imagine this is a worrying headache.

We have Tom, Dick and Harry present under one of our fences. Tunnel Harry was sneaky, because it was alongside the conservatory, where there isn't room for humans (or Pippin) to fit, but Maddie can get down there just fine. :D. They are all blocked up, and we are extra vigilant for any new attempts.

The motivation for my two to dig under is twofold - next door have a beautiful big black tomcat that Maddie has always wanted to make friends with, and Pippin wants to kill.icon_devil and the cat lies along the fence on their side. Also, next door throw bread out for the birds, and if any lands by the fence it's enough reason to start a new tunnel.:D

Mine don't dig but every winter we block of part of the garden and this year Gus has knocked down every fence we put up!

Well this weekend's job is more digging and chicken wire and crossed fingers that this is will prevent any further escapes. I think I'll aways be worrying that they get out but will always supervise them and never leave alone. It would be my worst nightmare if I ever lost them. I really think its rabbits that's motivating Bella to dig as she can't keep her nose off the ground and is always following scent. Jessie just follows the leader, its a case of monkey see monkey do.:rolleyes:

Back