• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Interesting article on dogs

Very interesting. Would love to read the book.
My one Question. Do you think when it comes to the dogs hearing is it uncomfortable for the dog to live in our world ?

My one Question. Do you think when it comes to the dogs hearing is it uncomfortable for the dog to live in our world ?

I wonder about the same thing. I guess we'll all have to read the book! :)

I feel so safe with dogs in the house, no matter how small they are. Whenever I hear a sound at night, I know the dogs will warn us if anything smells amiss. No one could come into the house without them knowing about it!

I think it depends on where they are and what might be there that might make them uncomfortable.

Where we are it is Summer. We have these bugs that live in the ground that we call Crickets and they use a loud high pitched sound to attract a mate. When one starts chirping away the others start and where they all try to chirp louder than the others where this goes on continually for quite some time.

I think that our Quincy might find this uncomfortable and rather annoying, well it is to me particularly if I’m trying to go to sleep.

Soon as one starts up Quincy sneaks over to the spot, when over the spot he then grabs a mouth full of grass pulling the grass out, then he rapidly shakes his head with the grass still in his mouth. If the cricket continues chirping after this then Quincy starts to rapidly dig with his paws. That spot soon does become quiet and if there is another spot then that too soon will become quiet. Lately it has been quieter even at night and the only Crickets I can hear are some distance away from our home.

Humans Stink is interesting :D I think its a fantastic article, thank you for sharing it. I am going to order the book (y)

Back