• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

What insurance company & how much ?

Blake7

Baileys free insurance with PetPlan is due to run out and I was wondering who supplies the best value for money policy ?

Ive had a few quotes online but obviously the best plans are way out of my reach at £35+ per month, it dont even cost that much to insure my car :eek:

Looking at around £15 per month, ive had a quote from an insurance company which will give vet fees annual condition limit of £4000 and vet fees annual policy limit of £10000 with £99 excess per condition.

Does that sound reasonable ?

Some feedback on your insurance details and experiences would be much appreciated :p

Hi

I think a lot of us would recommend AXA ,provided you are not carrying any condition over you should pay around £14.00 per month and they allow a new amount per year every year for the life time of your pet .:)

Aled is also insured with AXA. It seems good value, and as we didn't claim last year, his monthly payment went down by £1 this year, to less than £12 a month. Pity I can't move Oliver to it!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

We've been with Direct Line for years, and have always found them easy to deal with, and prompt when dealing with claims, our 3 dogs are on the 1 single policy which works out about £15 per dog,per month (y)

Hi

We have our three girls insured with petplan it works out at £20.66 per dog which is £65 per month.:eek:
This will soon rise another £22 when our 9wk old new additions free insurance runs out in march. The cover we have is the 'covered for life policy' which i believe is the highest cover they do. If anyone can offer me any advice on this i would be grateful too.:)

:eek:

Did you get a quote from AXA online?
Two of my dogs are insured with AXA and I pay £9.99 and 12.99. Another insurance company once mentioned that it also depends on your postcode and that the vet charges are far higher in these postcodes that’s why they charge more. And I would imagine that like London Kent being in the south of England being more expensive? Personally I think it’s just an excuse to charge some people more.

Hi Blake

Just went on line with AXA for a 3 month male Cav and quote was £16.70 month and that gives £7000.00 a year and includes ongoing cover IE he is covered per life for an illness for £7000.00 each and every year .
Best Wishes
Brian

Sainsburys is also another good one.

there are two plans, one renewable after 12 months & the lifetime cover each ailment insured upto £7000. per year.
all 4 of mine are insured with them, at a cost of i think 14 for poppy & baxter is 19

also try marks & spencer as they are apparantly very good and very reasonable

I am talking out of experience as one of my dogs is with Marks & Spencer’s. They are good in paying out and they have paid upfront for when I took Ebony to the Cardiologist. I only had to find the excess. BUT the premium goes up dramatically every year, and that’s even if you don’t claim.

i need to get new insurance for my three soon will try axa brian i also live near prenton so hopefully my postcode will not make it to expensive.

Baileys free insurance with PetPlan is due to run out and I was wondering who supplies the best value for money policy ?

Ive had a few quotes online but obviously the best plans are way out of my reach at £35+ per month, it dont even cost that much to insure my car :eek:

Looking at around £15 per month, ive had a quote from an insurance company which will give vet fees annual condition limit of £4000 and vet fees annual policy limit of £10000 with £99 excess per condition.

Does that sound reasonable ?

Some feedback on your insurance details and experiences would be much appreciated :p

This company is http://www.animalfriends.org.uk/ ... anyone had any dealings with them, any problems ?

I feel that £4000 per condition per year and a limit of £10000 per year should be ok ?

The free Petplan policy expires 26th ( Friday ) so I need to select a policy real soon ....

Would you feel ok with using Animal Friends for your dog ?

Back