• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Just a reminder on managing others' posts and PMs...

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
I do not want people's private disputes taken into threads. This can be especially upsetting to other members and ends up hijacking someone else's thread. Personal issues should be offline only, please.

That said, if members feel they are getting abusive PMs or emails from a board member, you can let me know. Sending abusive PMs/emails as well as carrying on personal disputes in public threads may be grounds for being placed on moderation (which means a moderator has to approve every post) or cancelling memberships. You also agreed, when registering, to not forward/crosspost others' posts OR PMs/emails. This too is grounds for having membership cancelled.

But as we are all adults, why not manage the problem before it gets out of hand and causes unnecessary hurt on either side? Before things reach a boiling point and people find themselves posting or PMing something inappropriately, don't forget the board has a safety valve. :) Every member can manage their own board settings in the 'settings' panel at top right. Click there, go into the 'ignore list' setting, and add a name if you do not want to see their posts or receive any PMs from them (sadly, you cannot do this for moderators or admin! :lol:).

There's a full explanation HERE.

Many thanks for remembering that others do not want to be part of such disputes and admin and mods do not want to have to manage others' disputes -- far easier just to block the people you don't want to see or hear from -- or delete their PMs without opening them if you know they are likely to cause upset. (y)

Yes, according to the FAQ I linked to above:

Can I block posts, emails and messages from specific users?

If there are particular members that bother you and you do not want to see their posts or receive Private Messages and Emails from them, then you can add these members to your 'Ignore List'. There are several ways to do this:

Through your User Control Panel: User CP, Settings & Options, Edit Ignore List. Then, type their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'.

However, this applies to sending email THROUGH the board. If the person has someone's personal email address already, then this setting won't block them simply emailing a person.

Back