PDA

View Full Version : Little female cavalier...

Karlin
25th February 2010, 06:12 PM
Thanks to Thelly, who is currently fostering a little female cavalier handed in to rescue after a county organisation had to remove her from the owner, who was incapable of caring for her properly due to illness. She is in heat and was roaming around her town and fairly neglected. She's very sweet but quite timid -- I cannot imagine how frightened she must have been, left to wander around on her own! :(

We are using a hormone injection series to prevent any potential pregnancy as she is quite small and goodness knows what could have tried to mate with her, which could put her own life at risk. She is now safely inside too of course.

Thelly says she was lying on her back sleeping yesterday with all her legs in the air. :rotfl: She must have been exhausted as she has had everything turned upside down -- she has been confined at a vets for a couple of days waiting to be transported by a kind rescue on the other side of the country, and then had a few hours in a crate, probably a new experience. So she deserves some play and rest at Thelly's.

Either Thelly or I will post a pic so you can see her. :) She has a pre-approved home waiting, after a previous dog was rehomed before coming into rescue. :*nana: Once we get her through her heat, she will go to her new home then will be spayed as soon as that is viable.

This is the kind of case where your donations to rescue come into play. An adoption fee would not cover the cost of these injections, plus her vet check, spay, chip etc. It will go partway, but kind donations and your support from buying Christmas cards and CavalierTalk calendars makes it possible to get a little one like this properly cared for and on to her new life. :D

Nicki
25th February 2010, 06:27 PM
Thank goodness she is safe now, poor wee soul :(

:thmbsup::thnku: to everyone involved.

sins
25th February 2010, 06:59 PM
Well done Thelly.
I'm looking forward to seeing the photos of her.
Poor pet hasn't had the best start but the most rewarding thing about these little dogs is seeing the transformation after a decent groom and some good food.Delighted that she has a pre approved home.
Sins

Desrae
25th February 2010, 08:13 PM
Oh goodness graciousness! That poor creature. Thank God for you angels.

Tania
25th February 2010, 08:17 PM
Thank you for saving this poor little sweet little girl. :)

Cathy T
26th February 2010, 12:48 AM
Thank goodness she is safe!! Thelly is a lifesaver isn't she??!!

susandavis1
26th February 2010, 09:04 AM
It's wonderful to hear that this little girl is being cared for now, well done to all involved.

Claire L
26th February 2010, 09:04 AM
Aww the poor little mite,thank God she is in safe hands now.Thelly is indeed a lifesaver in more ways than one :flwr:

I look forward to seeing pics of the little one :paw::paw:

Karlin
26th February 2010, 10:32 AM
The angels are all of you who support rescue, wherever that rescue may be, in whatever way. :) The front line may be one or two or a half dozen people but the support system is much broader and so helpful in all sorts of ways, and is what makes it possible to get these dogs into new lives. I cannot stress enough how much a difference it makes to me to have people who foster, transport, donate a little here or there, buy some cards, each piece helps. :D

Charlifarley
26th February 2010, 01:52 PM
Poor litte thing. Well done both of you for getting her sorted so quickly. Hope she gets to her new home soon. Looking forward to seeing some pics.

Thelly
26th February 2010, 09:49 PM
Finally some pics! She's a wiggly worm when the camera comes out. She is a wonderful little girl. Gorgeous personaility, fun loving and happy.
She loves the laundry basket so I've had to place a doggy pillow over it for her to sleep on :lotsaluv:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4042/4390832634_9fa118c75d_o.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4039/4390063723_8bfec43686_o.jpghttp://farm5.static.flickr.com/4060/4390849686_922cb32c18.jpg

Karlin
26th February 2010, 09:56 PM
Oh she looks so much better already! She's so sweet!

Nicki
26th February 2010, 10:03 PM
Oh what a wee cutie pie :lotsaluv::lotsaluv:

I'm sure she will be much loved in her new home

pippa
26th February 2010, 10:21 PM
Ah how cute......well done for saving her:)

Cathy Moon
26th February 2010, 10:48 PM
She's lovely, and so fortunate to be in Thelly's care. :lotsaluv:

Rj Mac
28th February 2010, 06:02 PM
She is a wee cracker.....beautiful :lotsaluv::thmbsup:

Wagtails
1st March 2010, 03:20 PM
What a poppet. So glad you were able to help her and thanks so much for posting her story.

Good luck little girl - be happy from now on.:wggle: