• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

need advice on the most proper kennel

mounie

dear friends, i would like to choose a new kennel to carry my Nicki by car,as the old plastic one has definitely become small, he is not fat, but let's say a big cavalier, and his weight is around 10.5 kg so far :eek:, i saw some kennels by aluminium, really good but also very expensive, i also saw some cages , but i was wondering, since they are collapsible, in a car crash,would it fold down on the dog? so i feel a bit confused and i need your help

thank you

I have a steel crate that both my dogs can fit into together.

Its the safest option ive come accross but you can get crash test results online but not sure of the site xx

i am sure the collapsible cages are not at all safe, will not protect the dog in a car accident.
some of the aluminum ones are probably better, but if you want a cage that does not just hold your dog in, but also protects him, the only one i can think of is Variocage, see test here:
http://www.safedog.co.uk/cratesizes.htm

maybe it is a bit expensive, but will probably last you for life, and holds the price nicely, in case you want to sell it again sometime.:)

Back