• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Rupert's Fund: latest total now 722 pounds!!!

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
4399849480_a887111927_o.jpg

We've received further donations today, bringing our current total to an incredible....

722 pounds!!!!

:jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp:

The researchers also have identified a further THREE potential dogs to scan -- their priority right now is finding dogs over 6 with no symptoms, who it is hoped will scan clear. This is very exciting that they are getting interest from owners of dogs, and are creating a waiting list of potential dogs as well! :)

We are only about 50 pounds short of being able to fund FOUR dogs. So that is our next goal! All donations of any size are welcome, so if you have an extra fiver or tenner around, consider paypalling it to Rupert's Fund! You can do this by going to Paypal.com and filling in the email address:

[email protected]

which brings up the Cavalier DNA Research account. Add a note that this is for Rupert's Fund so they know. If just 10 people give five pounds, we have covered four dogs to be scanned, a fantastic achievement. You can also send a cheque or banker's draft -- directions for donations are posted at the top of the Rupert's Fund forum. Anyone can donate, of course! -- you do not need to be a CavalierTalk board member.

The next goal: to get Rupert's Fund to 1000 pounds: onwards and upwards!

Just think what a difference you are making. Two weeks ago, there was a need for dogs to complete this wonderful genome work to identify the gene(s) responsible for SM -- the first giant step towards tackling this health problem in a very targeted way. There was little funding to scan any further dogs.

Within two weeks, we have SIX dogs waiting to be scanned. We have raised enough to scan three of those, and are closing in on four. This makes a huge difference to the researchers and the genome work. :paw:

Rupert's Fund: Latest Total now 722 pounds!!!

This is Unbelievable.

I wonder if I could ask this Question.

Just maybe those Cavaliers will also give information about their Type of Head and SM.

I know I've this Bee in My Bonnet about this. !!!!!

Bet

This is truly fantastic, thank you so much everyone - a huge thank you to, to everyone who has been kind enough to put forward their dogs for scanning.

I know it's not an easy decision, no-one likes to put their dogs through a GA or sedation; also this can have a huge impact financially for a breeder if the results are not as good as hoped :( but it can also be very positive, when a breeder gets a good result :D. We wish everyone scanning the best news possible, everything crossed here :xfngr:

HOpefully it won't be too long before Karlin can announce that £1,000 mark - come on everyone, we need your fundraising ideas - is anyone prepared to join an online fundraising committee with me???

I have just added a bit ! Will hopefully be se selling some bits on ebay by the end of the week. Pillows made
for Cavaliers. :)

Thanks so much for the recent donations -- these have brought us to

842 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now we can do FOUR dogs and are moving on towards FIVE.

Fab-tastic!!!!!

:rah::rah::rah:

Wonderful to see this amount growing almost daily. Well done everybody and keep it rolling!

cl*p:w*w:cl*p:w*w:cl*p:w*w:

Back