• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Rupert's Fund: total now £912!!!!!

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
4399849480_a887111927_o.jpg

I am pleased to say we are now up to

£912!!!!!

Incredible support from everyone for such an important cause. We are just £60 short of funding FIVE dogs and I am sure we will reach this goal. We are also less than £100 from hitting a mammoth £1000 in less than two weeks!!

We are also more than halfway now to reaching the amount we would need to scan TEN dogs, as we get another 10% discount for 10.

The researchers are working to identify potential dogs to scan and are eager to hear from breeders or pet owners with dogs over 6 who have a KC reg number and no symptoms for SM. Anyone who might have such a dog and would be willing to have the dog scanned can email Penny Knowler: [email protected]

That is also the address for the syringomyelia DNA research fund on PayPal to make any donation, large or small! :thnx:

Gosh - can't keep up with you Karlin. How wonderful to have raised so much so quickly.

CT is IT

Applause.gif

:rotfl:

Love that animation! Hilarious!

And thanks to all of you we are stealing towards further dogs.

Because we completed a group of 10 of other dogs going for a scan, we benefit from a 10% discount so our money is going even further. We have three dogs being scanned now and could work in two more, if they can be identified.

Can I clarify too that I have nothing to do with choosing dogs and have no idea which dogs Clare Rusbridge and Penny Knowler ultimately choose to fund and scan, nor do I learn (or anyone else involved in fundriasing) the results of dogs that are scanned. This is entirely confidential between owners of dogs and the researchers -- which is why I am noting that people with dogs, be they breeders or pet owners, need to contact Penny directly, not me please! (y) But again: we do have spaces and funds for two more dogs in the upcoming scanning day, so please if you know of any possibilities, have owners contact Penny. :)

:w*w:so much acheived in such a short space of time. I'll make my donation just as soon as I can find my Paypal password :bang:

Rupert's Fund :Total now £912!!!!

Just a Thought, with Two Important Dog Shows this week and Next, The Cavalier Championship Show, and Crufts, would there be any chance of some-body who was going to either of them, mentioning about Rupert's Fund and trying to get some money for the Fund that way.

Bet

This morning we are at

£967!!!!

which is just shy of $1500, or €1100. :w*w:

So we have crossed the 1000 mark in two other currencies and we are now only £33 away from

£1000!!!!

We only need a few people to give £10 or £15 and we will make our £1000 first big goal IN LESS THAN TWO WEEKS.

That is spectacular generosity from all here. :D

Let's keep going and keep adding more dogs! The more older SM-clear cavaliers we can find, the better for the genome research, the better for the breed and for breeders and petowners.

According to the Rupert's Fund banner we have reached £1,000 and will be funding scans for 5 older cavaliers :rah:

Margaret, where is the banner on view???

:flwr:

Last edited:
Yes we have reached and probably surpassed £1000 but Penny is away at the moment and as only she gets the direct donations, I do not know what has come in during the past week. Once she is back and gives me the current amount, I can update the banner. :)

Back