PDA

View Full Version : Alfie has a buddy .

Molski
8th March 2010, 03:38 PM
Any of you have that have read my previous posts (there havent been many) would of read that i recently lost my little girl Molly, she was my absolute world, i adored her and have taken it very badly, she left me and my wife and her little brother Alfie broken and struggling to do anything other than mourn for her. Honestly i could never find all the words to explain just how wonderful she was. Alfie her little brother has been very depressed and we knew we would have to get him a buddy at some point as he would never be happy being the only cavalier in the house, the only thing is we really didnt feel ready but told ourselves we would have to put Alfie's needs first so we knew a breeder who was having a litter in march and the puppies would be ready mid may . This sounded perfect because it gave us a couple of months more to get use to the idea of having a new puppy in our lives, as all we really wanted was Molly back . Also this litter would be Blenheims and Tri-colours , now Molly was a tri-colour and Alfie is a Tri-colour and we were adament we wanted a girl and she had to be a Tri-colour (they are our favourites). The litter was born the friday just gone and my breeder called to say good news ,there were 3 girls,2boys, bad news (for me) they are all blenheims ! In conversation she said i dont suppose you would like a ruby girl who her potential new owners didnt want as she has a hernia(Molly also had a hernia when we picked her up from the kennel she was in) , mmmm i dont really i said as i have my heart set on a Tri ....... but could i come along anyway to see her , Yes of course the breeder said , so off we went on a good 150mile trip to have a look at this little ruby cavalier ......... oh my god she was amazing , she had eyes that could melt your heart , and they did, me and my wife fell for her instantly , she is 11weeks old and is currently at work with my wife and her new big brother Alfie , so much for waiting until May and me being adamant i had to have a tri-colour . We just couldnt leave her once we had seen her, she is so loving and cuddly and cute ,and had all the relevant checks of course . wow she is cute . If it wasnt for you Molly we wouldnt of seen how powerful the love of a cavalier is and youll always be in our hearts , you were the ray of sunshine in our life and its shining on now through Alfie and of course little Polly ..........pictures will be added later

Tania
8th March 2010, 03:56 PM
Congratulations, what have you called this little ray of sunshine? I look forward to
seeing some pictures. How is Alfie ? cl*p

Molski
8th March 2010, 04:09 PM
Congratulations, what have you called this little ray of sunshine? I look forward to
seeing some pictures. How is Alfie ? cl*p

Thank you Tania , the little ray of sunshine is called Poppy:) , Alfie is a bit unsure as to what this new puppy is doing in his house but he is such a loving doggie i think by wednesday they will be cuddling , and Alfie loves to be cuddled !

Sabby
8th March 2010, 04:15 PM
I am so happy you found her. It doesn’t matter what colour they all melt your heart.
How is Alfie getting on with her?
:snap: please.

Rj Mac
8th March 2010, 04:18 PM
Congratulations, she sounds adoreable.....as they all are;)

jld
8th March 2010, 04:41 PM
Can't WAIT to see pictures.....

Love my Cavaliers
8th March 2010, 04:59 PM
I'm so happy you decided to take the risk and travel to see that cute little ruby and I'm glad she stole your heart. She'll never replace Molly but will be her own sweet cavalier self. Congratulations and have fun with Poppy.

Molski
8th March 2010, 05:03 PM
Thank you all, such nice comments and we truelly adore her already , photos will be taken tonight :p

Molski
8th March 2010, 05:27 PM
I am so happy you found her. It doesn’t matter what colour they all melt your heart.
How is Alfie getting on with her?
:snap: please.

Hello Sabby , well Alfie is playing his cards very close to his chest , he doesnt quite understand what this new little puppy is doing in his house but Alfie is such a softy that my guess is by weds/thursday they will be cuddling up together , Poppy is doing her best to make Alfie love her !:)

Karen and Ruby
8th March 2010, 05:39 PM
Oh I was bought to tears reading your post, im soooo happy for you that you have a new bundle of Joy.
Alfie will love her just as much in time! It took Ruby a couple of weeks before she was cuddling up with him on the sofa!! Now they are inseperable

Nothing will replace Molly, Ever...but for now Alfie has a new companion and you have a tiny pup that will keep you occupied for hours a day!!!

Well done and Congratulations!!

diddy
8th March 2010, 06:50 PM
Welcome Polly. I'm sooo happy that you took a chance that day and found each other. Hope you all have very many happy years together,

heather r
8th March 2010, 08:32 PM
Congratulations on your addition of Poppy! Can't wait to see photos of her and Alfie. When we got Abigail, I thought I wanted a tricolor, but our little blenheim stole our hearts.

Heather R

Molski
8th March 2010, 08:39 PM
Here is Poppy (i hope these photo's work)

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2308
http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2309
http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2310
http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2311

and of course Alfie .
http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2312

diddy
8th March 2010, 08:57 PM
No wonder you snapped her up - she's gorgeous. Alfies looking good too:)

Rubysmum
8th March 2010, 09:53 PM
she is adorable :lotsaluv: .

Molski
8th March 2010, 10:23 PM
Ah thank you all, yes she is so lovely , by the way i dont usually dress my dogs in clothes but she was so cold my wife made her a little black jumper out of her sleeve on her jumper to keep her warm.

brownietrout
9th March 2010, 02:01 AM
Congratulations on your new pup I can't wait to see pictures

Rubysmum
9th March 2010, 08:31 AM
Ah thank you all, yes she is so lovely , by the way i dont usually dress my dogs in clothes but she was so cold my wife made her a little black jumper out of her sleeve on her jumper to keep her warm.
lol i did the same . we got ruby the end of october and couldnt find anything small enough to fit her ..so i got a old cashmere jumper and cut the sleeve off cut two holes in for her forelegs and voila ! really cosy and she had so many people ask where i got it . in fact she has it on now it a snug fit but its to stop her getting at her stitches after her spay . enjoy your little one :jmp:

Sabby
9th March 2010, 08:47 AM
Poppy is a real cutie. No wonder you couldn’t resist her. :lotsaluv:

Sandrac
9th March 2010, 11:03 AM
Oh my she is gorgeous - may she bring you years of joy, and become a loving companion to Alfie.

Molski
9th March 2010, 11:13 AM
I would like to thank you all once again for your lovely messages and even though when my wife and I talk about Molly it always brings tears to our eyes we are also finally feeling happiness again thanks to our cuddly Alfie and now the very bouncy Polly :jmp:

heather r
9th March 2010, 08:28 PM
What a beauty:lotsaluv: May she, Alfie andyou have many happy moments together!!

Heather R

Claire L
9th March 2010, 10:05 PM
Congratulations on your new family member:flwr:!! I wish you all many happy years of fun and adventure together.
Poppy is a little cutie pie ,I'm sure Alfie will be smitten in no time at all :l*v:

*Pauline*
9th March 2010, 10:09 PM
what have you called this little ray of sunshine?

Sunshine or Sunny would be most appropriate. I'm so happy you have found some way of finding comfort and adding a little joy to your lives at this difficult time. She'll help you I'm sure. :hug:

Oh I see you have chosen the name Poppy, this was my chosen name for a Cavalier girl before we got Dylan.

*Pauline*
9th March 2010, 10:13 PM
Oh my goodness, I've just seen her pics! That breeder knew what she was doing saying yes come for a look, who could resist! She's so lovely :D

meljoy
10th March 2010, 10:12 AM
Oh congratulations! No wonder you couldnt resist her....who could?
Beautiful:D

Charlifarley
10th March 2010, 12:06 PM
Congratulations! She is lovely, irresistible as you have found out! Rubies are very special in my eyes. You have the same mix as me. I would say, don't think of Poppy as a replacement for Molly, think of her as an addition to your family. May you have many happy times together.:jmp:

Molski
10th March 2010, 12:11 PM
Congratulations! She is lovely, irresistible as you have found out! Rubies are very special in my eyes. You have the same mix as me. I would say, don't think of Poppy as a replacement for Molly, think of her as an addition to your family. May you have many happy times together.:jmp:

Hiya - Yes i totally agree Poppy will be Poppy and Molly will be Molly , in a way i think having Ruby instead of another Tri will make that so much easier . Thank you .

ElshaUKAU
19th March 2010, 11:10 AM
Awww she is absolutely adorable! They steal your heart don't they?

We were adamant we did not want a blenheim...we wanted a tri-colour or black and tan. We rang the breeder and she breeds Tri's and Blenheims. We wanted 2 puppies but realised it was not a good idea to get them together... she had a 13 month old blenheim boy who had been intended for showing but had not taken to it, he had had 1 failed placing and was rather timid and shy. We went along and fell in love!!!!

The litter that had just been born was blenheim and tri colour litters were a ways off. We ended up getting a blenheim puppy last weekend and we are totally in love!!!! I would have liked 1 of each colour...but I love how my 2 look like big boy and mini me when they run around together!

Anyway congratulations on your little girl... How is big brother taking to her? My older boy is not overly keen on the lil fella as the lil one bites his ears and tail and chases him around. :p

Molski
19th March 2010, 12:27 PM
Awww she is absolutely adorable! They steal your heart don't they?

We were adamant we did not want a blenheim...we wanted a tri-colour or black and tan. We rang the breeder and she breeds Tri's and Blenheims. We wanted 2 puppies but realised it was not a good idea to get them together... she had a 13 month old blenheim boy who had been intended for showing but had not taken to it, he had had 1 failed placing and was rather timid and shy. We went along and fell in love!!!!

The litter that had just been born was blenheim and tri colour litters were a ways off. We ended up getting a blenheim puppy last weekend and we are totally in love!!!! I would have liked 1 of each colour...but I love how my 2 look like big boy and mini me when they run around together!

Anyway congratulations on your little girl... How is big brother taking to her? My older boy is not overly keen on the lil fella as the lil one bites his ears and tail and chases him around. :p

Hi, Well Poppy is a real livewire and Alfie is very very laid back and she keeps jumping all over him and bites his ears , much like yours , but every now and then Alfie starts chasing her round the garden , then stops and Poppy then starts chasing him round the garden, its lovely to watch as Alfie hadnt wagged his tail since we lost Molly but now he is wagging again, it warms my heart .

Your 2 boys are adorable , its funny how we have our favourite colours and yet end up with something different , im glad we did now as she is a lovely colour and a lovely puppy , loves cuddles with all of us aswell which is much needed .

slightlyloopy
19th March 2010, 06:01 PM
Must be a ruby thing (the livewire comment ;)) because my Roo is a right loony too!!! Poppy is absolutely gorgeous btw!! Enjoy her.x

Molski
19th March 2010, 08:56 PM
Must be a ruby thing (the livewire comment ;)) because my Roo is a right loony too!!! Poppy is absolutely gorgeous btw!! Enjoy her.x

I love em loony , thank you we are most certainly being entertained by her .