• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ingredients are the save?

Sabby

I have been given an American Cookbook for dogs. They say all the ingredients they use are safe for dogs and I am sure this is the case. I am just wondering about things like peanut butter, peanuts, walnuts, carob powder and vanilla. Any thoughts on that?

PS. My spelling is terrible this morning.

I've always read that walnuts are bad for dogs, because they can harbor fungus/mold, which dogs are much more sensitive to than most humans are.

I've stopped feeding my dogs peanuts and peanut butter for the same reason. I'm allergic to molds, and peanut butter, even peanut butter in a candy bar or granola bar, gives me migraines and all sorts of problems, so I'm just assuming there is mold present in it...

I would take that cookbook with a grain of salt. There are lots of books published, on any topic, that are mostly bunk. Just like the internet; you can't believe everything you read. I suggest you do your own research and ask your vet.

Back