PDA

View Full Version : URGENT: 10 yr old male at Ashton Pound, Dublin

Karlin
13th March 2010, 12:41 PM
This dog may go to a rescue (this pound works with another rescue,not me) if not reclaimed. However this is not certain; he could be pts. If anyone is interested in him you can go put your name on him but this would be *urgent*. Really lovely looking older fellow. I don't know why they are guessing he is this old -- perhaps he is a surrender. If someone could give a loving home to an older boy, he looks just the dog. I am trying to ensure he will at least get to rescue, the other one or to me. I am guessing he was surrendered.:(

Ashton pound is over near the Royal Canal. The pound will be open tomorrow morning. If you are at all interested in this guy, be sure to get there tomorrow or first thing Monday. PM me if you need more info.

Claire L
13th March 2010, 12:50 PM
If you need help with transport , just ask.

Karlin
13th March 2010, 02:04 PM
This guy may have been reclaimed -- trying to confirm it is the same dog.

Karlin
13th March 2010, 02:14 PM
Told there is def no cavalier in there at the moment so looks like he was reclaimed. :thmbsup: Whew!

Claire L
13th March 2010, 02:20 PM
Thank God for that, hope they mind him now :)

Zoe bowie
15th March 2010, 11:15 PM
Hi! Finn was definately in the pound on Saturday, a friend of mine went to rescue him, all paperwork complete, new bed & supplies purchased & then they got a phone call today to say they wouldn't be getting him, reason is they have a cocker spaniel bitch who hasn't been neutered they told the pound admin that they are getting it done but there weren't interested; they loved him they spent an hour with him on Saturday & are heartbroken! I hope he has been rehomed & not pts :-(

P.S. Any help with rescue cavaliers give me a shout! I'm looking for to rescue one.

lorebringer
16th March 2010, 09:50 AM
This chap is still in the pound. He wasn't homed or reclaimed. As far as I know he has had a few application homes in for him.

It is terrible to see an oldie in the pound, esp a Cavalier. He will be exposed to lots of infections and he needs to get out. Ashton Pound is open tomorrow (St. Patricks Day) from 10am to 12 noon. It is open today (and every week day) from 9am to 5pm, closing for an hour for lunch (1pm to 2pm).

Karlin
16th March 2010, 09:52 AM
I will arrange to get him. Don;t understand this, pound people told me he had been reclaimed.

Why aren't DID getting this dog out? :sl*p:

Karlin
16th March 2010, 09:52 AM
Can someone foster????

lorebringer
16th March 2010, 10:09 AM
I will arrange to get him. Don;t understand this, pound people told me he had been reclaimed.

Why aren't DID getting this dog out? :sl*p:

DID are jammed at the moment, they are making appeals for urgent fosterers. I usually take the Cavaliers that come into DID but I can't take this chap because I have a Cavalier at the moment that cannot be exposed to any infections because his heart and general immune system are in awful shape (another foster). I am so upset to see that he is still in and would take him in a heartbeat if I could.

Karlin
16th March 2010, 11:14 AM
Well why the bloody hell won;t they give him to another rescue? They definitely know several of us would take him and help out to get him safe.

Claire L
16th March 2010, 11:40 AM
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: I'd be more than happy to collect this little fella and pay the necessary fees. I can't foster but I will gladly bring him to whereever he needs to go.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Karlin
16th March 2010, 05:07 PM
After several calls, am told this guy has been sorted to someone, so is finally out and safe. Thank goodness. Very depressed apparently.

Left in the pound for a week after being surrendered in. Great offer of a home for a dog three days ago, and home refused, despite this fellow being a dog that would not be likely to get any other offers while in the pound, at age 10, somewhat deaf. As anyone in rescue knows, as long as the dog is in the pound, it is at *daily* risk of being put down. No dog is safe while in the pound. An elderly dog, like a puppy, should never be left exposed to the disease that routinely goes through pounds much less the cold. Ashton is one of the most depressing pounds around (having spent months taking pictures of pound dogs up there at one time).

What is wrong with this picture? If there are no fosters, then call another rescue in. At least five spring to mind that would have helped with this dog. Yet he was left in that place.

Sadly as too often, rescue ends up being about people, not about the dogs in need or getting an oldie to a comfortable, safe place. So glad he is now out somewhere, warm and safe.

:bang: :bang: :bang: