• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Rupert's Fund hits £1,205!! A challenge to the UK CKCS Club

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
I am delighted to announce that Rupert's Fund is now at a grand total of £1,205!!!

That means we are just slightly shy of sponsoring an incredible SEVEN OLDER DOGS to be MRI scanned for the all-important syringomyelia genome research. :pi*no: And donations keep coming in, with new projects for fundraising only just beginning.

Thanks to all who have so generously supported this project so far -- every donation, large or small, is gratefully received and adds up to being able to accomplish the BIG goal. We have had several very generous donors, too, Penny says: thank you so much for choosing this project to support. :flwr:

I'd like to suggest a friendly fundraising challenge to the UK Cavalier Club to match our current funding, and help select seven member dogs for the same project, which will benefit all cavalier breeders worldwide! :) If both Rupert's Fund and the CKCS Club set a goal of raising funds for 10 older cavaliers each, think how far it would progress research! Both for the EBVs, which really value scan and heart info from the exact same older dogs -- especially the potential for older clear dogs -- and the genome research, which will result in gBVs, or very accurate versions of the EBVs.

Will the Club accept the fundraising challenge? icon_nwunsure

Rupert's Fund .A challenge to the UK CKCS CLUB

Karlin .

That's great news.

Hopefully the UK CKCS CLUB will now accept the Challenge. That this effort will not be being left mainly to the Cavalier Pet Owners.

Bet

I am delighted to announce that Rupert's Fund is now at a grand total of £1,205!!!

That means we are just slightly shy of sponsoring an incredible SEVEN OLDER DOGS to be MRI scanned for the all-important syringomyelia genome research. :pi*no: And donations keep coming in, with new projects for fundraising only just beginning.

Thanks to all who have so generously supported this project so far -- every donation, large or small, is gratefully received and adds up to being able to accomplish the BIG goal.

I'm pleased to say that the eBay items put on so far will raise at least £115, perhaps more if there are late bids for the items that still have a day or so bidding to go.

I'd like to suggest a friendly fundraising challenge to the UK Cavalier Club to match our current funding, and help select seven member dogs for the same project, which will benefit all cavalier breeders worldwide! :) If both Rupert's Fund and the CKCS Club set a goal of raising funds for 10 older cavaliers each, think how far it would progress research! Both for the EBVs, which really value scan and heart info from the exact same older dogs -- especially the potential for older clear dogs -- and the genome research, which will result in gBVs, or very accurate versions of the EBVs.

Will the Club accept the fundraising challenge? icon_nwunsure

It would be wonderful if pet owners and club members could work together on this project, but I doubt whether anyone looking in will pass this message on.

I would suggest a formal email or letter to the Cavalier Club Secretary is the only way that you can be sure this suggestion is even considered.

Write to Lesley Jupp, the Chairman, before she retires in May - she is very committed to health testing and has always been very friendly when I've written to her about things. I can give you her address - or could write the letter if you prefer.

The regional clubs are getting together (led by Linda Flynn of the Humberside Club) to have a world wide Cavalier sponsored walk in June to raise money for health research - they might want to use some of that for the older dogs scanning.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Back