PDA

View Full Version : Pussy cat Remington got his wings

Mimi
15th March 2010, 09:15 PM
Hi very sad day today one of our cats Remington got his wings .
Rem was diagnosed last year with hyperthyroidism but was doing well on medication. Last week he got very ill and had to stay at the vets on a drip his kidneys were failing . He came home today but had a bad seizure and we had to bring him back to the vet . The vet had to give him his wings . I've never had to make that decision before .
Rem was a long haired Persian blue , a beautiful cat that loved chasing birds and begging for ham . He loved nothing better than sitting in his favorite place for a nap and sunning himself in the garden .
He was around 11 years old we rescued him in 2000.
He will be missed
Watch out birdies Rem has wings now .
Mimi

gentess1
16th March 2010, 07:44 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss, I to have had the horrible decision to make recently, you did your best. It is coming up to two years since our Klaud ( black long haired Pesian ) passed away, he will show Reminnton the ropes. In a house full of dogs, he was always the boss, thats why we called him King Klaud. RIP all our loved ones

Karlin
16th March 2010, 02:21 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss, Mimi. I know he will be badly missed and he sounds like he was quite a character and a handsome boy, too.

It is very hard to make such decisions -- the final decision of responsibility and love for anyone in that very difficult position. You removed the burden of suffering from him though after giving him a very loving home throughout his life. :flwr:

Nicki
16th March 2010, 04:55 PM
So sorry to hear this news :( He sounds like he was quite a character and obviously very handsome too.

It's always a hard decision, but you did the right thing - it's the kindest, most loving thing we can do.

My sister has Persians, they are such wonderful cats.

Claire L
17th March 2010, 11:31 AM
I'm sorry to read your sad news. Sounds like Rem had a very good life and was quite the character.

Watch out birdies Rem has wings now

That line made me smile.......... hope it makes you smile too :hug:

Brian M
17th March 2010, 11:33 AM
Hi

And so sorry ,he sounds a lovely lad .:(

Desrae
18th March 2010, 10:38 AM
So sorry about Remington. Sounds like you gave him a great life! Fly free Rem!