PDA

View Full Version : Six F cavaliers listed for free on Preloved in Nottingham area

Karlin
18th March 2010, 11:27 AM
If someone can get these I am sure a rescue or breed rescue in the UK will take. I can also take them if transport is arranged, but I am sure Dogs Trust or any range of UK breed or general rescues would help. If you can help, PM me.

Wagtails
18th March 2010, 11:54 AM
This is awful - they are 3 and a half years old B/T sisters; 6 year old Ruby; 5 year old B/T; 7 year old B/T and 5 month old Tri.

Here are the links - can anyone help?

http://www.preloved.co.uk/fuseaction-adverts.showadvert/index-1032450287/53df7a12.html
http://www.preloved.co.uk/fuseaction-adverts.showadvert/index-1032450297/bc73176c.html
http://www.preloved.co.uk/fuseaction-adverts.showadvert/index-1032450304/792f8add.html
[admin deleted listing of one dog for sale]

Karlin
18th March 2010, 12:05 PM
If a couple of people could take these in I am sure we can sort a rescue space either through breed rescue or general rescue. Come on folks -- many have said they would love to help rescue or foster in the UK!

If someone wants to contact the appropriate club contact:

http://www.thecavalierclub.co.uk/rescue/regresc.html

Otherwise these girls if unspayed are at risk to end up in the hellish life of being nonstop breeding dogs.

Brian M
18th March 2010, 12:16 PM
Hello Marie Anne.

I used to be a member of this site but my memshership has lapsed ,so I have rejoined and paid my fees then have emailed regarding all four adverts .Seems strange as the advertiser is the same for all a person named "Craig" ,so will advise when I get a reply back.

Best Wishes

brian

Wagtails
18th March 2010, 12:52 PM
If a couple of people could take these in I am sure we can sort a rescue space either through breed rescue or general rescue. Come on folks -- many have said they would love to help rescue or foster in the UK!

If someone wants to contact the appropriate club contact:

http://www.thecavalierclub.co.uk/rescue/regresc.html

Otherwise these girls if unspayed are at risk to end up in the hellish life of being nonstop breeding dogs.

Karlin, in your experience, would it be best to contact the owner directly rather than get a rescue obviously involved at this point? I have the feeling that many owners do not want their dogs to go to rescue (for whatever reasons of their own) and if this "Craig" is just being naive in advertising them free to a good home, he might be in that category? If, on the other hand, he knows what he is doing, then he presumably won't be interested in letting them go to a rescue either?

Brian - you are an angel. Do keep us posted. I could probably take the 7-year old B/T as a temporary foster if you do succeed in getting them out of there and also have contacts with a couple of general rescues if noone on CT can offer foster homes.

Sabby
18th March 2010, 12:54 PM
I could help out. I live 30 min from Nottingham. I wouldn’t mind fostering for a bit but couldn’t keep any of them permanent at the moment. Wouldn’t know how to go about getting them into rescue. Wouldn’t rescue say the dogs be our responsibility once we have taken them from that person?

Karlin
18th March 2010, 01:01 PM
Marie-Anne -- That's a good point and it is always difficult to call. Some people just want rid of a group of dogs, while others want to know exactly where they are going. For most people I think working with a rescue is satisfactory, because it takes the burden off their own shoulders to try to place the dogs and interview lots of homes themselves. In my experience, most people do not really like doing this. It all depends on what the situation is that these dogs are coming from and what the person who has them is like and wants done. with this many dogs I would think he would find rescue help welcome.

If a breed or general rescue becomes involved, I am sure they would welcome the offer of some foster homes through any board members, whether short-term or longer-term. None of these dogs should be hard to place -- usually breed rescue will have a waiting list of homes.

*Pauline*
18th March 2010, 01:03 PM
I want the 7 year old B&T for myself, it's a very long way, a five hour drive and I don't drive. Would anyone like to help me please? I will ask around for a lift but I'm sure these dogs will go very quickly.

Wagtails
18th March 2010, 01:17 PM
I want the 7 year old B&T for myself, it's a very long way, a five hour drive and I don't drive. Would anyone like to help me please? I will ask around for a lift but I'm sure these dogs will go very quickly.

Pauline, if Brian gets the 7-year old out, I'll take her and get her to you somehow, and then have either the 5-year old B/T or the ruby on temporary foster until we can get something else sorted. I'm particularly anxious that the older girls do NOT get passed on for breeding.

Wagtails
18th March 2010, 01:19 PM
I could help out. I live 30 min from Nottingham. I wouldn’t mind fostering for a bit but couldn’t keep any of them permanent at the moment. Wouldn’t know how to go about getting them into rescue. Wouldn’t rescue say the dogs be our responsibility once we have taken them from that person?

Sabby, I'm just going to contact the two rescues I know now to see if they would be prepared to give backup for any of these girls and/or find more permanent fosterers for them.

Watch this space!

Sabby
18th March 2010, 01:22 PM
It looks like the tri is for sale not free. It looks like it’s a breeder getting rid of his old dogs.

Sabby
18th March 2010, 01:26 PM
Sabby, I'm just going to contact the two rescues I know now to see if they would be prepared to give backup for any of these girls and/or find more permanent fosterers for them.

Watch this space!

My friend is wanting to give a home to any of them. Not the 7 year old.

*Pauline*
18th March 2010, 01:27 PM
Pauline, if Brian gets the 7-year old out, I'll take her and get her to you somehow, and then have either the 5-year old B/T or the ruby on temporary foster until we can get something else sorted. I'm particularly anxious that the older girls do NOT get passed on for breeding.

Oh my goodness thank you thank you thank you. I'd love her and any help would be so appreciated, oh I could cry, you are so kind. I will pay for any petrol and expenses of course and you can sleep over at mine if you don't want to travel back to same day. You know I am in Essex though, it's a long way.

The web site won't give me the validating email so I can't reply to the advert. I REALLY hope it's not too late.

Karlin
18th March 2010, 01:33 PM
Has anyone spoken to this person and determined whether these are actually free or are for sale? If for sale I will pull the listings. Sometimes people try to dupe prospective owners buy marking dogs as free and then are really trying to sell them.

Wagtails
18th March 2010, 01:35 PM
You know I am in Essex though, it's a long way.

The web site won't give me the validating email so I can reply to the advert. I REALLY hope it's not too late.

So do I - can't bear to think of them all homeless at a stroke.

My OH is an Essex man originally, so he'll help me find the way to your door, and I love driving, especially in parts of the country I don't know so well! :drivecar:

Fingers crossed
:xfngr::xfngr::xfngr::xfngr::xfngr::xfngr:

Bonzocat
18th March 2010, 01:42 PM
We are happy to offer rescue spaces for any or all of these little ones. If any one has contact details I can get this sorted today???

Sorry I should have said I am from The Little Dog Rescue but my avatar seems to have gone missing.

Wagtails
18th March 2010, 01:52 PM
Has anyone spoken to this person and determined whether these are actually free or are for sale? If for sale I will pull the listings. Sometimes people try to dupe prospective owners buy marking dogs as free and then are really trying to sell them.

There's only an email address, Karlin, but I have now also joined Preloved and sent a message, asking specifically if they are REALLY being offered free to a good home and expressing interest in the B/Ts and the ruby. It looks like the puppy is for sale, but the older girls are being offered free.

Petstalk
18th March 2010, 01:53 PM
I would help anyway I can in a heartbeat. I would love to give the tri puppy or the b+t sisters a home.

Whats so sad that the add didn't even introduce them with names either :mad:

It sounds like the others may have already found a forever home :p

Sending positiive vibes. I pray that they don't fall into the wrong hands and find wonderful forever homes x

Wagtails
18th March 2010, 01:55 PM
We are happy to offer rescue spaces for any or all of these little ones. If any one has contact details I can get this sorted today???

Sorry I should have said I am from The Little Dog Rescue but my avatar seems to have gone missing.

Chris - have already sent you a PM with all the relevant links. Great minds!

Does this mean you are taking action to get hold of these dogs yourself then?

*Pauline*
18th March 2010, 02:00 PM
I still haven't got my validating email so can't do anything. I will PM you all my phone number. Oh I just know I'm going to be too late :S

Bonzocat
18th March 2010, 02:07 PM
Chris - have already sent you a PM with all the relevant links. Great minds!

Does this mean you are taking action to get hold of these dogs yourself then?

Since you contacted me we have sent an email offering to take all the dogs into foster care. We can get them picked up today so fingers crossed. I'll let you know when and if we hear anything.

Wagtails
18th March 2010, 02:28 PM
OK, so it looks like the owner has had individual offers from some of us on here and at least one rescue offer already - just got to wait for a response now I guess.

Nerve-racking, isn't it? Poor little girls - my heart is thumping for their future!

Karlin
18th March 2010, 02:42 PM
Note that the owner wants four of these dogs homed in pairs ONLY. The puppy is for sale and is not a rescue situation and I have removed the link.

Let me know if these go to rescue. As the owner wants them homed in pairs he may well decide to do so himself. If so, hopefully he will have them spayed first so that they don't end up in some puppy farm from someone posing as a family home. :thmbsup:

misty
18th March 2010, 02:45 PM
can help with fostering one and could transport more than one up north from Nottingham if necessary. Karlin pm'ing you

Wagtails
18th March 2010, 03:10 PM
As the owner wants them homed in pairs he may well decide to do so himself. If so, hopefully he will have them spayed first so that they don't end up in some puppy farm from someone posing as a family home. :thmbsup:

OMG, Karlin - there seem to be so many possible deceptions involved here! It's such a fraught situation.

Can I ask how you first found out about these girls? Do you regularly monitor the Free Ad sites or was it just a coincidence? I can't think of another occasion on which you have posted about "Free to a good home" dogs on this side of the water, at least not since I've been a member of CT, though I am prepared to stand corrected. Am I right in thinking it doesn't happen very often - or is that also naive?

*Pauline*
18th March 2010, 03:21 PM
I still can't post massages on that site and I paid etc. Please will someone PM me the address to the owner?

Bonzocat
18th March 2010, 03:28 PM
I still can't post massages on that site and I paid etc. Please will someone PM me the address to the owner?
You don't actually know the advertisers email address until they respond to yours.

Karlin
18th March 2010, 03:29 PM
I think there are plenty of free to good home posts throughout the UK. I don't monitor the free sites though either here or anywhere else... No time for that! :lol: Have enough to deal with in rescue here without seeking out more. Someone on the board sent the information to me. I have posted info before publicly on dogs in the Uk as well as in the US for example, but more often have sorted UK cases privately by PM with people I know there who might help. Six dogs though is a bit much for most rescue individuals.

Sounds like a breeder trying to rehome fairly responsibly actually as he seems genuinely to be seeking homes for two sets in pairs as the dogs are closely bonded. I didn;t have the original links in that post but figured some in the UK would know the site and where to find them -- which seems true. :) On reading the links, I see the owner wants four dogs homed in two pairs to good homes and the right home seems his priority. However, homing in pairs can be quite difficult and also -- I find most people with that many dogs appreciate help and also may not spay first or realise the problems the dogs could have by others trying to sound as if they are good homes when they are actually disreputable. Hence he may appreciate help from rescue and at least one dog has been offered a home.

If anyone asks me to home their dogs in pairs that becomes my priority, always, and that should be what any rescue does if they take these dogs in to rehome as it is the original owner's wish. The original owner knows these dogs better than anyone else. :thmbsup:

If someone can update when definite information is known that would be appreciated. :thnx:

Wagtails
18th March 2010, 03:29 PM

Unfortunately you can't see the owner's email address when you send a message via Preloved, so until he replies to someone we don't know it.

How did you pay your £5? If you used Paypal, did you get a notification from them? If not, it looks like your whole registration might not have gone through, as I got all my receipts and notifications immediately.

Bonzocat
18th March 2010, 03:33 PM
I think there are plenty of free to good home posts throughout the UK. I don't monitor the free sites though either here or anywhere else... No time for that! :lol: Have enough to deal with in rescue here without seeking out more. Someone on the board sent the information to me. I have posted info before publicly on dogs in the Uk as well as in the US for example, but more often have sorted UK cases privately by PM with people I know there who might help. Six dogs though is a bit much for most rescue individuals.

Sounds like a breeder trying to rehome fairly responsibly actually as he seems genuinely to be seeking homes for two sets in pairs as the dogs are closely bonded. I didn;t have the original links in that post but figured some in the UK would know the site and where to find them -- which seems true. :) On reading the links, I see the owner wants four dogs homed in two pairs to good homes and the right home seems his priority. However, homing in pairs can be quite difficult and also -- I find most people with that many dogs appreciate help and also may not spay first or realise the problems the dogs could have by others trying to sound as if they are good homes when they are actually disreputable. Hence he may appreciate help from rescue and at least one dog has been offered a home.

If anyone asks me to home their dogs in pairs that becomes my priority, always, and that should be what any rescue does if they take these dogs in to rehome as it is the original owner's wish. The original owner knows these dogs better than anyone else. :thmbsup:

If someone can update when definite information is known that would be appreciated. :thnx:

Well said Karlin, we will let you know if we hear anything.

Karlin
18th March 2010, 03:46 PM
:) Hope you get an update as we are all anxious now!

jacies
18th March 2010, 04:43 PM
Since you contacted me we have sent an email offering to take all the dogs into foster care. We can get them picked up today so fingers crossed. I'll let you know when and if we hear anything.

Really hope you can get these poor dogs Chris I know you will find them great homes if you can get them. Will keep checking this thread as totally unable to get on Little Dog Rescue site today either through IE or Firefox, is there a problem with it?

Wagtails
18th March 2010, 05:12 PM
[QUOTE=Karlin;355824] Sounds like a breeder trying to rehome fairly responsibly actually as he seems genuinely to be seeking homes for two sets in pairs as the dogs are closely bonded.

Hence he may appreciate help from rescue and at least one dog has been offered a home. [QUOTE]

Glad to hear that the "pairs" issue would be respected, but am still fearful about anybody who thinks "Free to a Good Home" is a good idea, especially for pedigree unspayed bitches (assuming they are) and even more especially for Cavaliers, who must suffer terribly if they go from a reasonable home situation to a puppy farm. Doesn't bear thinking about!

Still haven't heard anything myself - has anyone else heard from "Craig"?

Brian M
18th March 2010, 05:48 PM
Hello

Just checked all options my end and nothing ,am in L/pool with Luke from 6.30 to 10.00 but will try and keep an eye on things with my mob.

*Pauline*
18th March 2010, 06:05 PM
I still haven't got my email from the website and I paid £5 for the privilege. So I can't post any message to the person :confused:

Charlifarley
18th March 2010, 06:20 PM
You are all working so hard here, I hope you manage to get the dogs sorted, it certainly won't be from lack of trying. Best of luck everyone, fingers crossed for the dogs and their rescue to foster and new homes.

*Pauline*
18th March 2010, 06:31 PM
I've managed to write a letter through the website now, so I will wait and see. Not optimistic as I think they will all have gone by now but I just fell for that little girl, love at first sight. :lotsaluv:

Charlifarley
18th March 2010, 06:57 PM
I've managed to write a letter through the website now, so I will wait and see. Not optimistic as I think they will all have gone by now but I just fell for that little girl, love at first sight. :lotsaluv:
She is adorable, with fantastic looking ears!
:xfngr: Pauline.
I am a firm believer in 'what will be will be' which is probably of no interest to you at this point in time;)
Good luck!

*Pauline*
18th March 2010, 07:01 PM
She is adorable, with fantastic looking ears!
:xfngr: Pauline.
I am a firm believer in 'what will be will be' which is probably of no interest to you at this point in time;)
Good luck!

Thank you. That's the way I am trying to look at it as I know there is a big chance I will be disappointed and upset if it doesn't turn out how I'd like.

Tania
18th March 2010, 07:07 PM
I can easily take one more dog for keeps, I am happy to foster two if that helps. I have contacted
the sellers (havn't heard) but let me know if you need my help I am also happy to drive anywhere you want me to in the country to collect or whatever is needed.

*Pauline*
18th March 2010, 07:19 PM
That's great :wggle: It's lovely to see everyone pulling together.

Wagtails
18th March 2010, 07:20 PM
I can easily take one more dog for keeps, I am happy to foster two if that helps. I have contacted
the sellers (havn't heard) but let me know if you need my help I am also happy to drive anywhere you want me to in the country to collect or whatever is needed.

You're also a star, Tania!

Looks like "Craig" will by now have had several emails from CT folk, so I suppose the main thing now is to post on this thread if anyone gets a reply, so we can coordinate the effort, should that happen. Perhaps tonight is the most likely time if any of us are going to hear anything? The advert was first placed yesterday though, so for all we know it could already be too late.

HollyDolly
18th March 2010, 07:35 PM
A touch late I know but I could take one or two to give them a forever home.

Nanette

Karlin
18th March 2010, 08:46 PM
but am still fearful about anybody who thinks "Free to a Good Home" is a good idea, especially for pedigree unspayed bitches (assuming they are) and even more especially for Cavaliers,

Yes, very true. People often don't realise this though and have good motivations -- generally that they want a good home and don't feel people will pay for older dogs -- which is generally true when it is an owner simply trying to rehome. Lots of the dogs I eventually get in rescue are adults that owners somehow think will command the same price as a puppy -- when of course 99% of people would rather put their money towards a puppy -- or an actual rescue dog -- not an older pet needing a new home. It is one of the ways in which rescue can really help to home responsibly and get the needed vet care done and (mostly) covered by the adopting family.

However, like most rescues, I also have been criticised for charging adoption fees for rescue dogs and told how dare I when the people are offering a home for a needy dog -- though I am never quite sure why they think someone else should cover the costs of vet checks, neuter, chipping, medications etc for 'their' dog before they get it and why they think rescue people should pay out of their own pocket. :rolleyes: The reality is a single moderate procedure at the vet would drain about half of what I fundraise in an entire year.

Cavaliers generally are rehomed fairly easily in the UK especially younger dogs like most of these so the owner may find himself swamped with offers as well -- no doubt some from questionable sources. When I talk to people who have listed an adult dog on free ads sites, they always have had calls from people asking if the dog is neutered and having no further interest in the supposed 'family dog' when they find out it is.

Tania
18th March 2010, 09:14 PM
The reality is a single moderate procedure at the vet would drain about half of what I fundraise in an entire year.

My Aunty runs a rescue in this area for Cats and Dogs, we have to board some of the cats at the vets if we run out of space. I am always shocked how much money gets eaten up in vet fees. We get 10% discount! big deal !
I think all vets should look after one rescue organisation free each, at least they will be giving something back. The vet fees these days are ridiculous. A local authority asked us to remove 30 cats from one house, I asked them for a donation and the answer was NO it was not their policy and they do not have a budget for this.

When we adopted Dotty, we were asked to pay a fee, I don't believe what they asked us to pay covered anywhere near her vet fees. I was pleased to pay the fee and donated extra. In addition to the new owners paying a fee to cover costs it is also a demonstration of their comittment.

I have gone through this pre-loved website where these little Cavaliers need re-homing, there are a huge number of adverts for people wanting a Cavalier ! I hope forum members are successful.

Karlin
18th March 2010, 09:19 PM
I had a lovely woman who asked me to rehome her dog pay not just my vet fees at the vet but she also left a lovely card with a donation too for me at the vets when I went to collect her dog. People like that really mean a lot! :)

Tania I'd look for another vet -- it is usually standard for vets to give a 30% rescue discount once they verify you are actually a working rescue. Your aunty should be able to get a much better deal. All my vets give me a 30% discount, at three different practices that I use. Often they charge for just one rather than two dogs etc as well. They are all very supportive and helpful. I also always recommend them as all are very good and familiar with cavaliers. They easily make up that occasional discount in new clients I should think. :)

Claire L
18th March 2010, 09:22 PM
Only seeing this thread now. Good luck everyone involved. It would be wonderful if all of these Cavs ended up in the care of genuine responsible people :xfngr:

Pauline I hope you can get the little B&T girl :xfngr:

Tania
18th March 2010, 09:30 PM
I had a lovely woman who asked me to rehome her dog pay not just my vet fees at the vet but she also left a lovely card with a donation too for me at the vets when I went to collect her dog. People like that really mean a lot! :)

Tania I'd look for another vet -- it is usually standard for vets to give a 30% rescue discount once they verify you are actually a working rescue. Your aunty should be able to get a much better deal. All my vets give me a 30% discount, at three different practices that I use. Often they charge for just one rather than two dogs etc as well. They are all very supportive and helpful. I also always recommend them as all are very good and familiar with cavaliers. They easily make up that occasional discount in new clients I should think. :)

I will look into this, RAIN is a registered charity and do an enormous amount of work locally, so there is no doubt about them being genuine, thanks for the information.

Brian M
18th March 2010, 11:19 PM
Hi

Just done a sweep of all poss ways to make contact but nothing so just sit and wait but what a marvellous rally round by members wanting to help ,you feel a part just joining in and trying our best to do all we could and I bet we will have no problem ftnding homes thers lots of true cavalier people who want them I actually think we are well over subscibed ,another great example of what a smashing bunch of people on here.

Love my Cavaliers
19th March 2010, 01:19 AM
Cheers Brian - well said. I love CavalierTalk and the comaraderie among all of us Cavalier lovers is amazing. Pauline, I hope you get that black and tan sweetheart.

jasperpaw
19th March 2010, 07:52 AM
Just catching up with this thread. How kind of everyone to be doing all they can to get these dear little Cavaliers, everyone pulling together - I do hope you are all lucky and Pauline you are lucky enough to get the little B&T, she looks very sweet.:xfngr:

*Pauline*
19th March 2010, 09:03 AM
I haven't heard anything :(

Brian M
19th March 2010, 09:46 AM
Hello and Good Morning

Nothing on my home mail ,work mail or pre-loved mail ,is there anything else we can think of .:confused:

Sabby
19th March 2010, 09:54 AM
Hope I am wrong but maybe the dogs are gone and Craig is not bothering to reply to the other Emails saying that the dogs are no longer available? :confused:

*Pauline*
19th March 2010, 10:15 AM
Hello and Good Morning

Nothing on my home mail ,work mail or pre-loved mail ,is there anything else we can think of .:confused:

I'm asking on CC as someone might know Craig.

Wagtails
19th March 2010, 11:20 AM
Nothing in my inboxes either - my guess is we won't hear anything more now. :(

This whole episode has really opened my eyes to the "shadier" world of Free ad sites and some of the so-called "rescues" they support. I've just trawled through Preloved looking for any other Cavaliers advertised for free. The only way you can do it is to set £0 as your limit, so this then brings up anything listed as "Free", "Offers" or "Stud". Fortunately the list is only 10 entries (though you have to remember that this is only ONE of the many Free Ad sites), but there are still some very sad stories there. :d*g:

Even worse is the section which lists "Animal Welfare/Rescue" adverts. There were 161 this morning, including some highly dubious ones such as the following, where I can only assume that this is just "trading" and nothing whatsoever to do with the "rescue" which we all love and support, such as that offered by Karlin, Bonzocat and many others. It's really made me realise just HOW much we owe the good ones and just how wary we have to be when venturing outside our comfort zone on CT!

"Hello there, does any body need help rehoming there dog or puppies? Free rehoming service for all unwanted dogs or puppies, all small/medium dogs can be taken..... chihuahua, yorkshire terriers, west highland terriers, cavaliers , pugs , shih tzu , cocker spaniels , minature pinschers , or any mixed breed dogs i can sometime take larger dogs .... all found loving homes i offer a dog rehoming serivce for free "

"Me and my partner are taking on animals that are needing homes, we have a dog ourselves and a few other animals like rats, lizards, etc and were really into looking after animals and making them feel loved."

On a lighter note, I came across the following, which MUST have been placed on 1st April, don't you think?

"At Absolutely Crabulous, we care passionately about the welfare of Land Hermit Crabs. We offer support and advice and also have a network across the country of rescue and rehoming facilitators who can offer support to those needing to re home their hermit crabs.
If you find yourself in a position where for whatever reason you are no longer able to provide the care and attention these critters need, please do get in touch, we have approved foster carers and adopters standing by who have been vetted by the ab-crab team in terms of their set -up and care procedures so that you can be assured your hermies are going to excellent homes."

Karlin
19th March 2010, 12:03 PM
I think those are probably both legit, Marie-Anne! :) The first sounds very amateur however -- I'd only ever advise someone to work with a rescue that has vet references and/or is known to other legit rescues. This is too casual an approach for me. The second is for land hermit crabs -- I owned one myself way back when! They are the kind of pets a lot of people, especially kids, get and then quickly lose interest so a rescue and help service is likely a very good idea.

That said: I removed a person from this board who was a serial liar about the dogs she owned and the fact that she was running a pseudo-rescue herself for income (I should have realised when she kept showing up with new cavaliers magically needing homes, from her vets and elsewhere around her town). Later I found that she was dealing in dogs in a highly questionable way -- it just took a few of us in legit rescue around Ireland a while to connect that the person we knew who was clearly making a business out of supposed 'rescue', regularly taking in litters off the free ads sites and hoovering up purebred 'free to good home' dogs then 'selling' (oops! rescuing!) them for a nice fee to new homes, was the same pathetic woman as the person here.

She is closely watched now but sadly this questionable form of rescue work gives all in rescue a harder time.

The owner of the advertised dogs was most likely swamped with offers I would think.

Kate H
19th March 2010, 12:32 PM
The owner of the advertised dogs was most likely swamped with offers I would think.

I'm always amazed at how quickly the Cavaliers at Many Tears get rehomed. It's no joke taking on a 6-year-old ex-breeding bitch who is unsocialised, frightened and has a Grade 5 heart murmur. The niceness of Cavaliers seems to rub off on their owners! (Though obedience Border Collie people are just as good - and the same goes for most breed rescues.)

Kate, Oliver and Aled

HollyDolly
19th March 2010, 01:10 PM
Pauline I refer to your comment re nobody wanting the 7 year old Black and Tan, firstly I do not recall saying I did not want her, I stated I would have a forever home for one or two of these Cavaliers.
When there are so many that need rehoming does it realy matter which one you take?

Nanette

*Pauline*
19th March 2010, 01:29 PM
Pauline I refer to your comment re nobody wanting the 7 year old Black and Tan, firstly I do not recall saying I did not want her, I stated I would have a forever home for one or two of these Cavaliers.
When there are so many that need rehoming does it realy matter which one you take?

Nanette

Sorry Nanette, my mistake. The B&T was the only single dog on offer which is why she would suit me. I'm not ready to jump from one dog to three so she would suit me but I just liked the look of her as soon as I saw her. :flwr:

matties mum
19th March 2010, 06:47 PM
There is a breeder in Lecister that sometimes has cavaliers free to good homes the last one was six years old little girl
--Aileen

Tania
19th March 2010, 08:19 PM
I have asked the Pre-loved people to look into this, I have cut and paste their reply and will obviously let you know if I hear anything else.

Hello Tania,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't had a response to your enquiries. We do beg and pleadpeople to respond to these emails and to remove adverts when sold but it is truethat some members are more conscientious than others.We are unable to vouch for any of our members, however I have looked at this membersaccount and see that they have been a member of Preloved for some time, without anycomplaints, which is usually a good sign. I have contacted the seller to ask if the item is indeed still for sale, I have alsoasked them to contact you. Hopefully you will hear something soon.

RegardsClairePreloved

Brian M
19th March 2010, 09:54 PM
Hi Tania

Well done girl ,we wiil sort it or get them yet.:)

tupup
19th March 2010, 10:29 PM
Im just catching up with this now & i sincerely hope you can get them,im scared they might end up as breeding machines too, poor loves. I would be happy to foster,dont be stuck tho' that said i dont think you will be with all the CT members who have stepped up! i hope someone hears something soon

Charlifarley
19th March 2010, 11:17 PM
The ads are all archived now, which maybe means the dogs have been sorted?
I wanted to look at the ads again, because I think they were all listed as having been spayed, so if thats true, then at least the dogs will be saved from becoming breeding machines. :xfngr::xfngr:

Brian M
19th March 2010, 11:20 PM
Hi

Preloved site is now saying these adverts have been archived :confused: but ther are two more adverts ther for free Cavs which I have applied for see what develops with them

brian

Charlifarley
19th March 2010, 11:24 PM
It's never ending isn't it?:cool:

Karlin
20th March 2010, 12:00 AM
None were listed as spayed; but they were chipped, which is a good start.

Probably were homed right away -- if the ads are archived then presumably they are homed. ;Free to good home' cavaliers always get homed pretty quickly in my experience but am always concerned when the dogs aren't spayed/neutered. As they often come from people who were breeding them though, the reality is they often won't care whether anyone continues to breed them.