PDA

View Full Version : Aqua mats

Kizzys Mum
21st March 2010, 08:16 PM
Bought some of these - http://www.aquamat.co.uk/ - at Crufts and I'm very impressed! I'm using them as doormats and they have really reduced the wet/muddy footprints across the floor. I've also put one under the water bowl (Bella and Ozzy are messy drinkers) and used one to dry the dogs after a rainy walk. I'll be ordering some more :)

Charlifarley
21st March 2010, 08:25 PM
What size did you buy?
We have a couple of 'trek towels' - you can get them in Outdoor Adventure shops, which are made from microfibre and quite small but highly absorbent and are very useful for backpacking, when space is at a premium. Do you know if the Aquamats are similar?

Kizzys Mum
21st March 2010, 08:31 PM
I got the large (70 x 50cm), which would probably be a good size for most uses (they can easily be cut to size). The website describes it as being like a chamois leather - it still absorbs water even when it's wet. Not sure if it would be similar to what you're describing though, sorry!

Brian M
21st March 2010, 09:15 PM
Hi Kizzys Mum

And thanks for the info, we got back from the beach for the first time this year and of course three of them do a bit of rocking and rolling in the sand so bath time as soon as we got home ,so just ordered 5 of them:)

Love my Cavaliers
21st March 2010, 10:02 PM
They sound great. Do you know if they will ship to the US? I couldn't find a US distributor.

Erin2854
5th April 2010, 04:05 AM
Which we have in the US, dunno about the UK. There's a pet version called the Bow Wow Pet Shammy. They have it on amazon.com (we sell them at my work too, they sell well)

http://www.amazon.com/Bow-Wow-Pet-Shammy/dp/B0029OOK6A

Karlin
5th April 2010, 12:59 PM
Have used one of these for swimming for about 15 years -- they are very popular with swimmers. :) It is hardly larger than a washcloth, folds into a small tube and will completely dry you off -- very absorbant. I have one for the dogs as well, made for pets and a bit larger and thinner. For people -- means you can't be bashful as you don't have a towel to wrap yourself in at the gym! :lol:

Under the water bowl is a good idea.