• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Olive problems of conformation and inbreeding.

That is so sad but unfortunately reality in so many breeds.
The KC seems to always have this comment to make.

If we were to get really tough & just refuse to register puppies then those people will still breed dogs and be outside of any positive influence whatsoever. We would lose touch completely with all the owners & breeders & have no opportunity to persuade them about such things as responsible breeding and health testing in the future.

So they are saying that some of the Show Breeders suddenly become puppy farmers?
And when owners with sick dogs contact the KC nothing gets done anyway.

Last edited:
Olive Problems of Conformation and In-Breeding.

I have just watched this, I am not ashamed to say ,I was crying at the end of it.

The Kennel Club ,should be forced to watch this, I wont go off in a Tangent about Cavaliers, but reading the Kennel Club's comments about the plight of many Pedigree Dogs, and what they are doing, is like listening to a Record, going over and over the Thing same again and again.

No matter how Breeders Bluster ,it is because of the Breeding Pratices of so many Breeders that has resulted in the example shown by this wee Pug.

The Kennel Club say that they are giving so much money for Research Projects for the Health Problems in Pedigree Dogs, but have they ever stopped to think why are they having to do this.

BECAUSE IT IS HOW BREEDERS HAVE BEEN BREEDING THEIR DOGS,AND IF ANY BREEDERS ARE READING THIS ,PLEASE DON'T GIVE OUT THE USUAL EXCUSE,.

DON'T BLAME US, BLAME THE PUPPY FARMERS.

Bet

That's just tragic :(:( I had read about Olive in Dogs Today but didn't know that she also had epilepsy now - poor wee soul.

The breed is such a mess :mad:

Sabby I think it is a roundabout way of admitting that they do register puppy farm dogs, but that if they refused to do so, they would no longer have any contact or influence over the puppy farmers...

I hadn't noticed that they had any influence now anyway????

I don't know of any breeder or owner of a KC registered dog who has received anything other than the basic puppy booklet from the Kennel Club - they certainly are not using the relationship to disseminate health information.

Back