• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Juggling meds

Nicki

:confused: We just stared Teddy's Amantadine {new medication for Syringomyelia} this morning which has led to a major juggling of medication schedules - some of his and Fufu's meds need to be either an hour before or 2 hours after a meal, and given every 12 hours.

As Teddy was having his Gabapentin between 6.30 and 7am, I had to aim towards then and give the Amantadine with his breakfast at 7.30 am so I can give the other meds at 9.30am

Will gradually move it forward so we can go back to giving the heart meds first and then breakfast.

Of course the first morning in 4 years that we could have a lie in until 7.30am {he's been on 8 hourly meds for 4 years, so no lie ins or early nights}, we were both awake at 5am and could not get back to sleep :eek::mad:

Poor Teddy is obvioulsy going to be sleepy, he's hardly moved since his dose :(

BTW those pill dispensers, where you put out the medication for a week, in containers marked for each day and divided into times, are really really helpful!! Especially when sometimes I'm out longer than planned and my husband has to dispense...

I have a big chart on the fridge, but doing this also helps me to see if I'm running low on something in plenty of time to re-order.

For others with arthritis/problems with their hands, have just found something on e-bay to push the pills out of the foil packaging - it's called a pill popper.

That's very helpful information, Nicki.

We just bought one of those pill dispensers with four containers per day and 7 days - it's wonderful for traveling too. I would love to get a pill popper, because it can be such a pain to get the Omeprazole out of the packaging.

How is the Amantadine working? Is Teddy still overly sleepy or is he adjusting to it?

Back