• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Still No Improvement...

Jane P

Dylan was put on Pregablin two months ago as there was no improvement in him on Gabapentin. Unfortunately he still isn't responding to the medication and has been getting slowly worse:(. Clare Rusbridge has asked to see him again and our appointment is this Thursday, 1st April. I'm trying to remain positive but am struggling and to make matters worse my other cavalier has been acting strangely the last few days so I'm also worrying about him as well now!

Oh Jane, we all feel for you, especially those of us who have SM dogs too. You've obviously done the right thing to get Dylan to see Clare and I do hope she can offer some other alternative for him.

Meanwhile, you have many friends on here who will be keeping everything crossed for you on Thursday and sending healing thoughts to you and both your dogs.

Bloomingroses.gif

Sorry to hear about your two dogs. Hopefully Claire will be able to sort out Dylan and get him to a stage where he is showing some improvement. Thursday is only 2 sleeps away (as my little niece would say), so keep positive and best of luck with your appointment. :flwr:

So sorry things are not improving for poor Dylan. I think you are doing the best thing in seeing Clare. All the best for Thursday and please let us know what she says. :hug:

What a distressing situation for you to be in.
It tears at the heart to see them in pain.

I am thinking of you and Dylan, and praying that something can be found to make him more comfortable.

Jane I'm so sorry to read this - many of us have been in this position and know how frightening and upsetting it can be. Sometimes it can take a bit of juggling to find the right medicaitons to control the pain.

My Teddy has recently started with Amantidine as Gabapentin was no longer working for him, even on a very high dose, also pregablin did not prove effective. I know this is a drug Dr Rusbridge uses too, so that might be another possibility for Dylan.

it's good that you have another appointment with Dr Rusbridge and I really hope she can come up with something to help Dylan.

Will be thinking of you and please let us know how you get on.

Harvey *may* be reacting to your distress - can you describe what he is doing?

Thanks everyone for your good wishes. We've just got back from Stone Lion and I am feeling much happier. Basically we have two main options. The first is surgery as he is not responding to medication and the second is trying some different drugs. I have opted to try a new NSAID, Trocoxil, which is given once a month instead of daily. Clare also said we could try amantadine and Dylan's dose of pregablin can be increased and of course there is also steroids so we have a few choices left.

Harvey is back to normal as well but I am keeping a close eye on him. He yelped a couple of times when I touched his back and was reluctant to jump down off furniture and just didn't seem himself.

So very glad to hear this news, Jane, and do hope that all of you will now be able to enjoy your Easter break and feel a little easier. Do keep us posted with Dylan's progress - it's good to know there are still a good few options open to you.

HappyEasterEggsinabasket.gif

I have opted to try a new NSAID, Trocoxil, which is given once a month instead of daily.

Both Molly and Dougall have been on this for two months. So far so good. Glad you are feeling better
and fingers crossed for Dylan.:xfngr:
Have a lovely cuddly Easter with Dylan.

kind regards

Back