PDA

View Full Version : The little thieves



Karlin
3rd April 2010, 12:20 AM
Making dinner tonight I heard a crumply paper sound coming from the next room and lots of snuffling noises. When I looked in I saw on the floor... the paper and cellophane wrapper from a rhubarb tart my elderly neighbour 'paid' me with for walking his dogs a while earlier.

Dogs all snuffling about happily, and not a speck on the floor. Under a cabinet, I saw half of the tart tin sticking out. No tart in it anymore. :eek:

They had devoured it quietly in seconds before I even noticed! I presume Jaspar was the one who reached up and grabbed the edge of the wrapper and pulled it to the floor, as he is the tallest on his hind legs.

The little monsters!!! Though all I could do was laugh. Jaspar climbed into the armchair and did a rhubarb belch. I assume he ate most of it because he has been lying there like a slug all evening long. :rolleyes: Lots of happy stuffed small dogs.

pippa
3rd April 2010, 01:42 AM
Cheeky things:eek:...clever Jasper:badgrin:

brid kenny
3rd April 2010, 01:50 AM
Naughty doggies!! One time phoebe and pippa ate 18 small buns between them!! I presume Phoebe ate most of them. I thought they'd both be sooo sick. Not a bother on them.

Karlin
3rd April 2010, 01:56 AM
One time phoebe and pippa ate 18 small buns between them!!

:rotfl:

I wouldn't be too sure it was mostly Phoebe; the little ones always seem to have hollow legs. You know Lily! She can lunge and devour things as big as her head in a nanosecond.

ElshaUKAU
3rd April 2010, 02:31 AM
Not such a good story, (As it could have killed him or made him very sick...) but my last Cav, Sammy (RIP) snagged a kg of chocolate, coconut rough off my bed....squeezed under my bed (I was a teen at the time) and ate the lot (minus 2 pieces). I came back from answering the phone and wondered where the families DVD night treats had gone, no sign of Sam anywhere BUT, this snorting, snuffling sound from under the bed. The fat little thief could not get out...his belly was full of choc! I ended up lifting the bed and he ran outside, drank heaps of water and ran around with my Mum's daycare kids.

I didn't know about chocolate being bad for them.... (do now). He ate his dinner as normal and was fine! He would have been about 2-3 at the time.

He later died from heart and kidney/liver failure from MVD. :(

Justine
3rd April 2010, 09:53 AM
Soooo funny,i had to laugh,my two are allways doing something naughty,gone through 3 sets of oven gloves this yr alone.

sins
3rd April 2010, 01:10 PM
OOOh Dear Karlin,
You are so gonna need a big shovel:eek:.
Rhubarb has a remarkable cleansing effect on the canine colon.Guess what you'll be doing this weekend?
:badgrin:
Sins

Wagtails
3rd April 2010, 02:00 PM
OOOh Dear Karlin,
You are so gonna need a big shovel:eek:.
Rhubarb has a remarkable cleansing effect on the canine colon.Guess what you'll be doing this weekend?
:badgrin:
Sins

My thoughts exactly, Sins - hope you're well stocked up with pooh bags, Karlin!!

Memories, memories
http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv97/Cavviewagtails/Miscellaneous/FirstrhubarbfromBobbiescrockEMAIL.jpg

Claire L
3rd April 2010, 07:17 PM
:badgrin: There'll be no need to squeeze any anal glands after Rhubarb Tart, they'll all be shiny on the inside :D

Karlin
3rd April 2010, 07:21 PM
:rotfl: thanks for the picture of the rhubarb!

I had them at the Phoenix Park this morning off in the long grass so whatever came out was beyond my ken... :lol:

On the chocolate -- probably a lot was coconut and the chocolate was milk and therefore a lot less worrying -- but those things are sure scary in retrospect! A friend's dogs got a massive bar of dark solid chocolate and three of them were on drips at the emergency vet for a couple of days over Christmas one year -- vet didn't know if one who ate the most would come through as his heart was so accelerated but thankfully they all recovered. A visiting dog that knew how to open doors was the one that let them all in to the room with the chocolate and one got up on the table and knocked the sweets to the floor. They can be clever little stinkers.

They've just had pig's ear pieces so everyone will be explosive in a few hours... :rolleyes:

Margaret C
3rd April 2010, 07:51 PM
They've just had pig's ear pieces so everyone will be explosive in a few hours... :rolleyes:

Now I really needed to know that!

Karlin
3rd April 2010, 08:07 PM
Too much info for a Saturday night -- esp. at dinner time! :lol:

Tania
3rd April 2010, 09:04 PM
A clothes peg for your nose might be the order of the day :yuk:

Cathy Moon
3rd April 2010, 11:32 PM
They've just had pig's ear pieces so everyone will be explosive in a few hours... :rolleyes:
icon_whistlingBetter at your house than mine! :lol:

izziewizz
4th April 2010, 05:41 PM
Oh karlin my charlie is such a little thieve since charlie been on a diet we have to be very careful always pushing the chair's in round the table if he get's the chance he get's up on the table and will eat what's on there
how funny are never had dog's like them but they are the sweetest dog's ever just to let you know he is doing so well now my special boy have a nice easter :)

izziewizz
4th April 2010, 05:56 PM
You not going to believe this as i was replying to this heard a funny noise from our kitchen and there was charlie on the table just about to tuck into a easter egg CHARLIE what are you like he look at me and carried on my boy :hug:

Karlin
4th April 2010, 06:30 PM
Leo and Jaspar both are up on a tables in an instant if chairs aren't pushed in. :rolleyes: Leo is especially bad -- he is always getting on my desk and walking across the keyboard and knocking the mouse on the floor... a few times he has switched the screen into huge magnification mode! :eek:

Cathy Moon
4th April 2010, 06:47 PM
Have they recovered from their rhubarb and pig ears, Karlin? :p

Karlin
4th April 2010, 07:18 PM
I think everything has safely come through... :D

Love my Cavaliers
4th April 2010, 09:20 PM
When Madison was 2 she got into some yeasted rolls I was letting rise in a warm sunny place. The rolls were for Thanksgiving dinner at my cousin's house. My daughter-in-law caught her in the act. I can't remember how many she ate, but we figured it was the equivalent of a 150 pound man eating about 50 of them!! Her belly was literally on the floor she had eaten so many. I called the animal emergency becuase I was worried about them still continuing to rise in her warm belly. We gave her hydrogen peroxide to induce vominting - which was very successful except that it was just a large gooey mass coming out every time she vomited:yuk:. And we had far fewer rolls for dinner. I ended up staying home with her because she was so sick. She recovered completely by the next day. Did she learn her lesson? Am emphatic NO!! She would do it again in a second! These little thieves indeed!!

Nicki
6th April 2010, 09:51 PM
I don't think they EVER learn their lesson - Rupert used to get into all sorts of things. If we visited anyone and they had a vegetable rack - WELL, that was just a self service restaurant LOL


Fortunately everything is now kept well away from prying eyes and paws - the thing they are best at stealing and chewing is PEGS!!!


Although we're missing a cruiser from the laptop tray {a device that goes into the USB socket to transfer data} I haven't seen any evidence in the poo yet!!