PDA

View Full Version : Geordie cracks me up!

Cathy Moon
4th April 2010, 10:41 PM
My little guy is so used to his medicine schedule, that he knows exactly what time his pills are due and how many he should get. This morning I gave him one of his new pills instead of two of his old ones, and he stood there waiting for his second pill! So I gave him a second piece of cheese, and he then felt we were fair and square.

Then, just before 2:00 this afternoon, he arrived at his 'pill station' to await his 2:00 pills. Well.. he doesn't get 2:00 pills any longer, so Colin had to give him 2 pieces of cheese, as Geordie is accustomed to receiving!

It will be interesting to see how many days this goes on. :wggle:

Tania
4th April 2010, 10:58 PM
How funny they are, when we call "medicine" both Molly and Dougall think it is sweetie time, like
you the medication time has altered but their routine hasn't! :badgrin:

jacies
4th April 2010, 11:05 PM
If I am a bit late with Chaos's tabs she will come and stand in front of me just looking until I notice her, so she can definitely tell the time. One good thing about the clocks going forward is that she is still working on winter time and so now I get to sleep in until 7am instead of 6 am and she gets her tabs and dinner an hour later too.

Nicki
4th April 2010, 11:07 PM
Oh what a star!!

They are so funny - it's amazing how accurate their time clocks are isn't it?

Teddy used to have a 2.30pm dose which has stopped now - but they all used to have a piece of rice cake afterwards. Needless to say they still expect their rice cake at 2.30pm - Fufu might be losing the odd marble :( but she's spot on when it comes to food and is first in the queue :D

So I think you might be stuck with this routine for life...

Will Geordie accept something other than cheese? - it's quite high in salt and we try to go for a low salt diet for the SM affected dogs - not sure if it makes any difference but in theory it makes sense.

Lani
5th April 2010, 02:32 AM
Cathy, that is hilarious!! They are such little creatures of habit, aren't they??

arasara
5th April 2010, 04:50 AM
hahaha, he's a smart little bugger isnt he!! :lol::lol:

Cathy T
5th April 2010, 09:28 PM
How funny is that Cathy?? Isn't it amazing how quickly they get into a routine, how hard it is to break it...and quickly they'll go back to it. I used to tell Jake "let's take a pill" and he knew he would get peanut butter. One time I told him "you're a pill"....and he went running into the kitchen for his peanut butter :D

Shelli
8th April 2010, 05:35 PM
What a clever little fella :)