PDA

View Full Version : I have an announcement to make!!!

*Pauline*
12th April 2010, 12:53 PM
Remember I was trying to get the B&T on the Preloved website? Well there was a rescue called The Little Dog Rescue who were trying to get hold of her and the other Cavaliers to make sure they were spayed etc before they were rehomed safely. I contacted Chris who runs The Little Dog Rescue to say if she got the B&T, would she please keep her for me. Well no one heard back from Preloved, the dogs had all gone.

I looked at The Little Dog Rescue website and almost went for a little Yorkie x terrier but he had already gone. Chris rang me to tell me about 4 Cavaliers whose owner had died. There was a B&T, 17 months old, and would I like her.

I had almost given up on the idea of another Cavalier. Who could blame me after what we went through with Dylan. But I got my head around it very quickly, all in one day! If there are any problems at least I know how to look after her well. The vet has seen her and she is fine. I checked out insurance and got a good quote.

Pepsi is in season right now so I can't have her yet but I can't wait.

I can't tell you how happy I am :jmp: She is actually quite perfect, house trained, good with children, good manners. Her foster mum, Mandy, says she will sit when you ask her but I can teach her some new tricks. I am getting updates and pics which is lovely. Mandy did want to keep her but she has 3 dogs already. She very kindly agreed to keep her a bit longer till her season ends. I'll arrange the spay.

I hope you like her.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4052/4514401540_de5aaff2a5_o.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2067/4514403504_e7fb242a4f_o.jpg

Shelli
12th April 2010, 01:00 PM
:jump: Congratulations Pauline, she beautiful :)

Sabby
12th April 2010, 01:03 PM
I am so happy you finally found another Cavalier. Oh my God you must be so exited.:*nana:
She is so gorgeous. Do you know how long you will have to wait?

*Pauline*
12th April 2010, 01:07 PM
Thanks ladies. One or two weeks, she's at the end of her season now.

Chuck
12th April 2010, 01:12 PM
So happy for you I have been so excited waiting for this announcement!:*nana:

Nicki
12th April 2010, 01:16 PM
OH that's fantastic news Pauline, many congratulations!!

So excited for you - and I'm sure Dylan will enjoy having a companion :D

I wish you many happy, HEALTHY years together :)

*Pauline*
12th April 2010, 01:19 PM
Thank you Chuck and Nicki.

I was keeping very quiet about it until I was sure I could have her. ;)

sins
12th April 2010, 01:30 PM
Congratulations Pauline,
She's just about to become one of the luckiest little cavaliers...
Sins

Charlifarley
12th April 2010, 01:35 PM
Wow, congratulations, you have been very patient waiting for her!
She is gorgeous
:jmp::jmp:

jasperpaw
12th April 2010, 01:38 PM
Congratulations Pauline and of course to Dylan, I am so pleased for you and I am sure she will make a great play mate for Dylan - she is beautiful, I really love black and tans.:jump:

Pam

allie
12th April 2010, 01:41 PM
She's a beaut. Pauline. :luv:

kimy27
12th April 2010, 02:03 PM
Congratulations Pauline :D
She is beautiful. I hope Dylan is as happy about this news as you are!

Jasperxxgabby
12th April 2010, 02:11 PM
Aww she looks lovely, congratulations Pauline, double the love and laughter, dare I say it double the trouble :D (only joking). Looking forward to the the pictures of both Dylan and Pepsi together :)

Tania
12th April 2010, 02:38 PM
Pepsi looks gorgous and looks very gentle and sweet. Congratulations, I am sure Dylan will enjoy the company. :)

dellis
12th April 2010, 02:40 PM
congrats. she is beautiful.

Jane P
12th April 2010, 04:14 PM
Congratulations she looks gorgeous. You must be so excited - its going to be a long two weeks!:D

Rumor
12th April 2010, 04:22 PM
Congratulations Pauline! :jump: She's a beautiful and very lucky girl. :)

Karen and Ruby
12th April 2010, 04:46 PM
Oh Pauline she is just precious!!!

Congratulations- I have such a soft spot for B&T's- im so jealous!!

She is a very very lucky girl!

Molski
12th April 2010, 04:46 PM
she is a beauty , hope these 2 weeks fly by for you :)

Nick
12th April 2010, 04:55 PM
Oh Pauline, she is just so beautiful!!!:p

I, too, cant wait to see more pictures.:snap:

Nick

Love my Cavaliers
12th April 2010, 05:47 PM
Ooh - this is so exciting. I'm so glad you're getting a young lady and not a puppy. Puppies are really cute, but a ton of work. Will you keep the name Pepsi? She is beautiful and you and Dylan will have so much fun. Congratulations!!

Desrae
12th April 2010, 05:51 PM
That is fantabulous news! So very happy for you:D

meljoy
12th April 2010, 07:22 PM
Oh Pauline Im so pleased for you. I bet Dylan will be a great big brother to her. Cant wait for pics of your two together.

Mel:jmp::jmp:

diddy
12th April 2010, 07:57 PM
Pauline this is wonderful news:) I'm so happy for you. Pepsi is such a lucky little girl to have found you.

*Pauline*
12th April 2010, 08:35 PM
Thank you so much everyone. It's so nice to be able to share this with you all.

I want to change her name to Poppy. I've been messing around today calling Dylan "Fred" and he responds to this! Poppy starts and ends in the same sounds as Pepsi so anyone worried about this need not worry.

Love my Cavaliers
12th April 2010, 08:57 PM
We got Riley when she was close to a year and changed her name from Celeste. She adapted to the name change immediately and without any problems. Funny though, now it is almost six years later and I coud live with the name Celeste, calling her Celly for short. Poppy is a very cute name and very different from Dylan so they shouldn't get confused.

pippa
12th April 2010, 09:07 PM
Congratulations!!! What a pretty girl :)

Lets hope the next two weeks go quickly for you.

Can't wait for all the stories and pics......see Pauline your doing what I did replacing kids in the house with cavs when they move on......lucky we didn't have ten kids:eek:

brid kenny
12th April 2010, 09:49 PM
OMG Pauline. I just saw this. She is gorgeous. Congrats. Can't wait to see all the photos.

Scottie
12th April 2010, 10:13 PM
Congratulations, she looks very sweet :)
I like the name Poppy, it suits her, you must be so excited!

Molski
12th April 2010, 10:44 PM
Love The name Poppy but then I also have a Poppy so im bias :p

brownietrout
12th April 2010, 10:46 PM
Congratulations! She is beautiful!

Wagtails
12th April 2010, 10:46 PM
I want to change her name to Poppy.

Of course you do - Poppy is absolutely Top of the Pops (not that I'm biassed or anything!)

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv97/Cavviewagtails/Animations/Cheerleaderpoogs.gif

merello
12th April 2010, 11:12 PM
Great news - enjoy her!

Margaret C
12th April 2010, 11:27 PM
Congratulations!!! What a pretty girl :)

Lets hope the next two weeks go quickly for you.

Can't wait for all the stories and pics......see Pauline your doing what I did replacing kids in the house with cavs when they move on......lucky we didn't have ten kids:eek:

So pleased for you. Poppy is beautiful.

Be careful though, cavaliers are so addictive.

Chuck
12th April 2010, 11:53 PM
Ok Pauline, ready set go!!! Shop Shop Shop! Poppy will look good in pink!:jmp::rah:

team bella
13th April 2010, 12:09 AM
Great news :*nana: I hope you will be very happy together :paw:

Love my Cavaliers
13th April 2010, 12:09 AM
Ooh, I agree. Pink is a great color for a black and tan. Riley, my black and tan, has a pink harness and it is stunning against the black!

*Pauline*
13th April 2010, 12:28 AM
Ok Pauline, ready set go!!! Shop Shop Shop! Poppy will look good in pink!:jmp::rah:

I'm being very restrained Chuck. I will however sort out insurance, a tag and I like a double ended lead, just incase, you know me, worry wart.

pinkpuppy
13th April 2010, 12:30 AM
Congratulations, Pauline! Hope your new fur baby will bring you many years of happiness and laughter!

*Pauline*
13th April 2010, 12:34 AM
Congratulations, Pauline! Hope your new fur baby will bring you many years of happiness and laughter!

Hey, haven't heard from you in a while, how are you? xx

Bonzocat
13th April 2010, 12:45 AM
Here's some more for your album, the first pictures of Pepsi when she came in
http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae147/littledogrescue/LDRDogPiccies/P1030537.jpg
http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae147/littledogrescue/LDRDogPiccies/P1030539.jpg
http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae147/littledogrescue/LDRDogPiccies/P1030540.jpg

Karlin
13th April 2010, 01:10 AM
She will be a wonderful addition! :jmp:

Cathy Moon
13th April 2010, 01:33 AM
cl*p:mexwav:cl*p
Congratulations, Pauline, on your new addition!
She's lovely. :lotsaluv: We're looking forward to photos and videos of Poppy and Dylan. :)

pinkpuppy
13th April 2010, 03:18 AM
Still recuperating from an accident from new year day. Thank you for asking.

Hey, haven't heard from you in a while, how are you? xx

pinkpuppy
13th April 2010, 03:20 AM
Oh my gosh! She is so adorable! :flwr:

mellie
13th April 2010, 07:06 AM
oh she is just gorgeous! Congrats! I am quite jealous! My OH won't allow anymore animals for a while... but I still dream of having another Cavalier! :roll:

*Pauline*
13th April 2010, 08:56 AM
Thanks for posting those Chris, it's nice having you on this forum too. :flwr:

Thanks for the congrats everyone.

I'm sure Dylan knows something is happening soon. I'm very excited and so is he! :rolleyes:

*Pauline*
13th April 2010, 08:58 AM
She looks quite tiny in that second pic, I wonder how big she is.

Bunnylover
13th April 2010, 09:06 AM
I'm so pleased for you :) love both names but she does look like Poppy! Can't wait to see lots of pics of her with the gorgeous Dylan.

Fifer
13th April 2010, 09:17 AM
Many congratulations! :)

jasperpaw
13th April 2010, 09:39 AM
She`s a real beauty and Poppy is a lovely name, I bet you are so excited and counting down the days.:)

lorebringer
13th April 2010, 09:44 AM
What brilliant news - congratulations!

Sandrac
13th April 2010, 11:21 AM
Pauline Am absolutely delighted that you are adding to your Cavvie family. May you have years of happiness and pleasure with Dylan and Poppy. Congratulations:jump:

jld
13th April 2010, 03:39 PM
Wow, she is just perfect. I bet you are counting the days till you can snuggle up to her......Congratulations. This was the baby you were meant to have.:o

*Pauline*
13th April 2010, 03:57 PM
Thank you everyone. I got a message from Chris today, I can have her by the weekend :*nana:

There a little crack in the fence, not big enough for a dog to get through, otherwise I would have worried for Dylan, but I don't want to risk failing my home check. So Dad left a while ago to get some wood, he's been a while icon_nwunsure but I have ask my step Dad and 3 other friends to be on standby if Dad forgets why he's at Homebase.

jacies
13th April 2010, 04:50 PM
Thats great news that you can have her this weekend, think any longer and you would have exploded with excitement.cl*p

*Pauline*
13th April 2010, 05:03 PM
Dad came back saying I'm having a new fence Friday :wggle: I asked Chris if that's ok, I'll toilet them both on leads. She said Pepsi/Poppy won't leave my side. At last I get a velcro dog!

cy1266
13th April 2010, 05:31 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so exciting, and I bet Dylan will be so happy to have a little sister! The B&Ts are beautiful...their coats are amazing; my Truman is turning into a little Ewok more and more each week :D I think having more than 1 Cavalier is so great because they will keep each other company while you're gone, and then you get double Cavalier cuddles when you're home! I can't wait to see pictures of Dylan and Poppy together!

Ooh, I agree. Pink is a great color for a black and tan. Riley, my black and tan, has a pink harness and it is stunning against the black! My Truman (I'm sure a relative to Riley!) has a pink/white gingham Up Country harness that I got in the sale bin that looks great on him! Hey, for $2 I couldn't resist! My husband isn't too happy that his little boy is wearing pink, but for now I think it looks adorable! ;)

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4067/4518232232_f8891b2324.jpg

*Pauline*
13th April 2010, 05:57 PM
Wow Carrie, Truman looks stunning there, but that harness, I think it would look better on my Poppy! icon_whistling

*Pauline*
13th April 2010, 06:00 PM
I would like to get a red or black polka dot harness.

cy1266
13th April 2010, 06:10 PM
Wow Carrie, Truman looks stunning there, but that harness, I think it would look better on my Poppy! icon_whistling

:lol: Thanks Pauline! I think Truman kinda likes the pink! He does look pretty girly to me, so maybe pink is his color! :rolleyes:

Up Country has a great selection of harnesses: http://www.upcountryinc.com/PRODTEMP.CFM?divid=1&tea=0&h=y&SDN=Dog%20Harnesses

There are a few polka dot patterns that would look adorable on Poppy! :D Truman didn't seems comfortable in a few other brands of harnesses, but he's totally fine with his UP Country one...it just goes around their front legs, and isn't near their neck at all....which I think is really good...

I'm sure Poppy will look beautiful in any harness you choose for her! :l*v:

SuzRN
14th April 2010, 12:05 AM
Congrats to you and Dylan. She is just too cute. My two are finally to the point of playmates after over a year. I am sure they will have a great time.

*Pauline*
14th April 2010, 01:19 AM
It's my home check tomorrow. The fence is patched up but Dad is paying for a new fence, side and back that will be fitted from Friday, might take 2 days. The one at the back is new but he doesn't like the look of it! It's going to look so nice. I love my garden.

tara
14th April 2010, 01:53 AM
Congratulations, Pauline! She is beautiful and is certainly going to a wonderful home!! I'm glad you have something to look forward to -- and I'm also a bit jealous:o. There's nothing quite like the anticipation of waiting for your newest family member!

*Pauline*
14th April 2010, 09:27 AM
Tara, that's just what it's like, a new member of the family joining us. I'm usually more nervous about big things like this but I'm quite chilled and excited.

The Boss
14th April 2010, 10:56 AM
Congratulations you all are going to have so much fun...

*Pauline*
14th April 2010, 12:48 PM
I passed my home check :wggle:

Nicki
14th April 2010, 12:58 PM
Yay great news :wggle::wggle:

although I don't think any of us had any doubts about that LOL

Chuck
14th April 2010, 12:59 PM

Now we can put that worry away!!!! :D On to the home strech!!!!

*Pauline*
14th April 2010, 01:11 PM
Yay great news :wggle::wggle:

although I don't think any of us had any doubts about that LOL

That's very nice to know Nicki. :)

I even tidied my bedroom! Sinead, you were right, she didn't need to see where she'll sleep.

Do you think in my bed is the best place? This girl sounds clingy which is lovely for me but I want her to have some confidence so she doesn't get upset when I go out.

What are some of the things I can do to make her feel secure without reaffirming her worries?

Shelli
14th April 2010, 03:01 PM
Great news Pauline, u must be so excited! Looking forward to seeing lots of pics of her and Dylan :D

jacies
14th April 2010, 05:16 PM

Well done Pauline, knew you were worrying for nothing. I think Poppy will be sleeping wherever she wants and most likely will be your bed:p. Where does Dylan sleep? Only Armani sleeps on the bed with me, the others have duvets on the floor by the bed. Chaos will sometimes get on the bed but it hard for her to jump up and down so glad that mostly she does not. Why not ask Nicola how she is when left.

*Pauline*
14th April 2010, 05:28 PM
Well done Pauline, knew you were worrying for nothing. I think Poppy will be sleeping wherever she wants and most likely will be your bed:p. Where does Dylan sleep? Only Armani sleeps on the bed with me, the others have duvets on the floor by the bed. Chaos will sometimes get on the bed but it hard for her to jump up and down so glad that mostly she does not. Why not ask Nicola how she is when left.

Dylan sleeps with me. He has steps up to my bed. It's Mandy who is fostering her and though I don't know where she sleeps yet, I do know she cries when left. I need to build this one's confidence up.

renate
14th April 2010, 08:05 PM
oh, somehow i have missed this thread!!

congratulations, Pauline, how splendid for you!!!:jmp2:
.. and for poppy to go to such a wonderful home.

you must be very excited. poppy is a beautiful girl, she looks so gentle and calm.

am looking forward to lots of pictures!!

xx renate

jld
15th April 2010, 01:54 AM
Hopefully being left with Dylan will calm her....I can hardly wait to see pictures of them together, and see how they are getting on......

*Pauline*
15th April 2010, 11:16 AM
Does anyone think I'm mad taking a dog I've never met and Dylan hasn't either?

Now that my son's friend Liam (think he's in one of my picture albums) is driving me to pick her up (Chris would have arranged transport, fantastic rescue really), I am taking Dylan with me. The new fence just arrived and will be put up Fri/Sat so I'm not leaving Dylan with anyone with the fence half up!

I wish my daughter was here to enjoy this. She does too :(

Charlifarley
15th April 2010, 12:08 PM
Have you got Skype? If you have, you could put Poppy in front of the camera so she can see her.

I wouldn't worry about the fact that you haven't met her yet. I don't see how you couldn't fall in love with her at first sight!

With regards to separation anxiety, when I fostered Cassie, she wasn't very comfortable with being left either, but the best thing to do - which was hard - was to ignore her when we came back to the house for a little while, let her excitement calm down, and then make a fuss of her. That way she didn't associate our return with her getting lots of attention - hope you know what I mean. I am sure Karlin and many others can explain this better and give you more advice.

jasperpaw
15th April 2010, 12:15 PM
Well Pauline, I don`t think your mad, I am sure you will have been told everything you need to know about Poppy from the Rescue Home or her Foster Home, you already have a cavalier, and from what I have found from meeting other people with the breed, they are all very similar in there ways. Good idea that Dylan is going with you though, at least being a male he will meet her out of his home territory. You said she had a vet check and is healthy so I am sure everything will be fine.:)

*Pauline*
15th April 2010, 12:46 PM
Have you got Skype? If you have, you could put Poppy in front of the camera so she can see her.

I wouldn't worry about the fact that you haven't met her yet. I don't see how you couldn't fall in love with her at first sight!

With regards to separation anxiety, when I fostered Cassie, she wasn't very comfortable with being left either, but the best thing to do - which was hard - was to ignore her when we came back to the house for a little while, let her excitement calm down, and then make a fuss of her. That way she didn't associate our return with her getting lots of attention - hope you know what I mean. I am sure Karlin and many others can explain this better and give you more advice.

Thank you, yes I know not to make any fuss when I leave or come home. I wonder if where she sleeps first night makes any impact on her security issues. I'm sure you're all rolling your eyes knowing she'll end up in my bed anyway.

I am not worried about my feelings, never met a dog I didn't like and Dylan is good with all dogs. Sure he'll be very interested in her just out of season, she will be getting a bath asap!

We skype a lot and Dylan prefers skype to the phone. I put Antonia on speaker phone once and Dylan got quite upset looking for her.

*Pauline*
15th April 2010, 12:48 PM
Well Pauline, I don`t think your mad, I am sure you will have been told everything you need to know about Poppy from the Rescue Home or her Foster Home, you already have a cavalier, and from what I have found from meeting other people with the breed, they are all very similar in there ways. Good idea that Dylan is going with you though, at least being a male he will meet her out of his home territory. You said she had a vet check and is healthy so I am sure everything will be fine.:)

I'm actually feeling very positive, not anticipating any problems but being prepared if there are any.

allie
15th April 2010, 01:54 PM
Pauline
How exciting - on your way now. You're not mad to get a dog you haven't met. Any dog I've gone to see has ended up coming home with me even though I repeat "head, not heart" and wouldn't be without any of them. I would so love a dog sleeping on my bed. My last GSD did but with four dogs now [2 large] it ain't so easy. Poppy will probably bond with Dylan which will help the separation anxiety - I know it has worked that way with my lot. I'm so pleased for you getting a new girl - you're making me broody again :sl*p:

Kate H
15th April 2010, 01:58 PM
Oliver and I collected Aled from his foster home sight unseen, and they cuddled down together in a crate quite happily for the drive from London back to Coventry. To start with Aled was anxious when left (a scrabbler at doors!), but by leaving him regularly for short periods to start with, he gradually realised that I always came back. He's fine now - a little protest when I leave with Oliver ('Why am I missing out on a walk?'), but when we return he's usually fast asleep. I still take them out separately every so often - Aled is very dependent on Oliver for confidence, but Oliver is 6 years older and won't always be around, so Aled has to learn to stand on his own paws as well.

The thing I found most difficult was having two dogs for the first time in my life and ensuring that both had equal attention.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

jacies
15th April 2010, 04:16 PM
Pauline, I am sure you will fall in love with her at first sight and so will Dylan. And remember she was one of four cavaliers, one a Blenheim boy, and so I am sure she will be happy to be with her own kind again, they do know their own kind. I had not met Armani before she came to me and I love her to bits and although not a cavalier she has fitted in really well here.:p Cant wait to see pics of them together.

*Pauline*
15th April 2010, 04:40 PM
Thanks Judy. Mandy says she sleeps happily in a crate but she let her sleep in her bad last night. I think I'll start with the crate, giving Dylan time to get used to her before he has to share "our" bed!

jacies
15th April 2010, 05:11 PM
Thanks Judy. Mandy says she sleeps happily in a crate but she let her sleep in her bad last night. I think I'll start with the crate, giving Dylan time to get used to her before he has to share "our" bed!

Well its worth a try Pauline but think you might find Dylan trying to get in the crate with her.:p

*Pauline*
15th April 2010, 05:13 PM
Oops, I can see my spelling mistake in your quote, I meant bed not bad!

ourempire
15th April 2010, 06:26 PM
She is just beautiful :luv: Congratulations, Pauline :flwr:

*Pauline*
15th April 2010, 06:38 PM
Thanks Charlotte :D Nice to hear from you stranger x

*Pauline*
15th April 2010, 08:22 PM
I have some disappointing news. Poppy may have been in season before but blood was only noticed on the 30th March, so I have asked they keep her another week.

I'm trying to think positive here, I don't want any accidents, I don't want to upset Poppy or Dylan and the fence will also be up so don't have to worry about taking them out on leads.

Oh well, I have to keep us all in suspense that bit longer.

Charlifarley
15th April 2010, 08:30 PM
That's a pity, but you are right to wait. It will be a short term loss for a long time gain.

Rj Mac
17th April 2010, 08:53 AM
Does anyone think I'm mad taking a dog I've never met and Dylan hasn't either?

Now that my son's friend Liam (think he's in one of my picture albums) is driving me to pick her up (Chris would have arranged transport, fantastic rescue really), I am taking Dylan with me. The new fence just arrived and will be put up Fri/Sat so I'm not leaving Dylan with anyone with the fence half up!

Hi Pauline,

I'm sorry, but somehow Lisa and I missed this thread, this is fantastic news, and Poppy is absolutely beautiful,

And you are not mad at all........remember when Megan came to us, we hadn't met her everything was done thru conversations with Karlin and Tara, the 1st time we saw her was when we went over in the ferry to Belfast to collect her, and it was love at 1st sight:D

Just give Dylan and Poppy their own time to adjust and get to know oneanother, that's what we did with Megs, just let her wander and sniff around at 1st, then as that 1st day went on, she explored a little more, and before you knew it, she was on our laps, and running about with our other 2,

Everything will be just fine, you just need to see how loved Dylan is in his pics, to know this wee girl is very lucky to have you and yours as her new family:thmbsup:

*Pauline*
17th April 2010, 10:15 AM
That's so sweet of you Ryan or Lisa :)

An other change of plan, I am picking her up today. The fosterer has an entire Mastiff dog so I'd really rather Dylan was hassling her than a big dog! She is sure she is over it, I'll soon know.

brid kenny
17th April 2010, 10:58 AM
Woo hoo:jmp::jmp::jmp:

Nicki
17th April 2010, 05:32 PM
Sorry Pauline I'd missed this - oh how excting!! :jmp::jmp::jmp: Let us know as soon as you are home!!

I can't wait to see photos of her having arrived with you and meeting Dylan :D

I'm sure they will get on just fine - opposite sexes are the easiest to introduce and Cavaliers are usually fairly easy anyway.

If Poppy comes with some bedding, it might be worth wiping that around your furniture in the rooms she will be in to spread her scent - it reduces the likelihood of them scent marking. You might still get a few pees but that generally reduces after a few days.

*Pauline*
17th April 2010, 10:10 PM
Well I picked her up, everything fine. I was told she'll cry in the car but she only did it for 30 mins and not non stop. She was fine the rest of the long journey. She walked nicely on the lead, VERY happy about that. Brought her home and Dylan hassled her for 2 hours straight :eek: Then he got the message and he's stopped trying to make puppies. I put a belly band on him and let her tell him off, quite a few times. She can have a bath tomorrow, maybe some of the smell will go. Don't worry, I won't leave them in the same room alone.

Now it's the battle of the sofa and who will sit the highest (as I've been writing this, she has won, she's asleep on the sofa, he's on the floor). She's growled a couple of times at him when she sat on my lap so I put her straight off.

She just would not wee or poo. I gave her her food and in all the commotion, I didn't put her out again and we had a wee and poo in the house. :sl*p: I'm so up on house training so it was so silly of me.

All in all, I think it's looking promising!!!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4009/4528541931_7f180ea8ec_b.jpg

Rj Mac
17th April 2010, 10:21 PM
Fantastic Pauline, she really is a wee stunner......My god once Lisa sees this thread....i'v had it.........just 1 more Ryan.....lol!!!!!!!

Nicki
17th April 2010, 10:21 PM
Oh my goodness Pauline she is GORGEOUS!!!

Congratulations :*nana::jmp: she looks wonderful. I'm glad you had a good journey and there are going to be the odd accidents, it's hard when you have so much going on.

It will take a wee while for everything to settle down, but I'm sure you will come through ok and she looks so special it will be worthwhile :D

Love my Cavaliers
18th April 2010, 12:44 AM
Well Pauline, I think your arms were made for that gorgeous girl.. She certainly seems content to be held. We are all anxious to see a picture of Dylan and Poppy together and to hear of your adventures with the two of them.

*Pauline*
18th April 2010, 01:48 AM
Poppy melts Ash's heart.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4072/4529654716_cbe301df17_b.jpg

Dylan and Poppy.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4009/4529013477_e62ed758f6_b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4014/4529630816_95183f801b_b.jpg

Oh my goodness Pops, how did you jump that high? Anything good on the table?
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4010/4528996127_76084655c2_b.jpg

Dylan's advances were rebuffed in no uncertain terms.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4025/4529627466_2fa5182db0_b.jpg

KCB
18th April 2010, 09:00 AM
OMG she is stunning! She has really landed on her paws with you Pauline as we all know how much you adore Dylan. Enjoy them both. Hope she settled with you all last night. Plenty of pics please. Always love your ones of Dylan:):)

Sabby
18th April 2010, 09:19 AM
Poppy is absolutely gorgeous. Dylan and Poppy make a lovely pair.

*Pauline*
18th April 2010, 09:23 AM
I was told Poppy is fine in a crate so I thought it was worth a try, I did hear her snore really loudly before it was bed time :rolleyes: But my son had worked a 12 hour day yesterday and just left for work early again today so I thought I'd sleep on the sofa by the crate to stop her crying. Of course Dylan had to come too and he didn't want her in the crate. At one point I put him in the crate on his own but, in the end, we all ended up on the sofa, Dylan by my face, Poppy behind my knees with her head on my bottom. I couldn't move!

lorebringer
18th April 2010, 09:55 AM
She is so beautiful! Hopefully after a while they will be the best of friends, all a matter of time :)

Bunnylover
18th April 2010, 10:14 AM
I'm so pleased for you :) she is beautiful and they look so cute together! That's just how Ruby sleeps when I have a snooze on the setee behind my knees with her head on my ample rear end! Wishing you all lots of happiness together.

Sandrac
18th April 2010, 10:44 AM
Pauline, Poppy is gorgeous - congratulations on your new addition.:lotsaluv:

Lani
18th April 2010, 04:22 PM
Pauline, Poppy is gorgeous!!!

Congratulations!! Sorry I am so late in replying, I've been swamped lately, but as soon as I found out you had a new addition I popped right over here to reply and congratulate you!! You will love having two and I'm sure Dylan will love having a buddy. I think Poppy is such a great name ... in fact it was on my short list until I found out Lucky was going to be a boy. :jmp: