PDA

View Full Version : Dogs Friends - Cavaliers in

Fifer
13th April 2010, 10:00 AM
What's happening?? :-? There seems to be loads of Cavs in rescue just now! At least 3 at Dogs Friends http://www.dogsfriends.co.uk/

Bonzocat
13th April 2010, 10:59 AM
I don't know what is happening either. Last year we had one cavalier in whereas in the last two months we have had 10 and another 2/3 arriving later this week. They haven't been puppy farm ones all coming in for different reasons so no logical reason for the increase.

Zoe bowie
13th April 2010, 11:08 AM
I know over here a lot of people are giving up their dogs as they can't afford them any longer due to recession (or so they say), it is very sad to see all these beautiful animals rejected, really breaks my heart...here's hoping they all have a happy ending

merello
13th April 2010, 03:26 PM
I agree it's really sad these dogs are being given up, have to be honest don't think I could but I suppose you never know people's personal circumstances. Better than having them put to sleep. My wee Cavalier was given up by her family ( don't know the reasons and don't want to know) and we took her on a fortnight ago. She's a delightful little girl who has settled in well and we're having such fun with her.

She's the second cavalier we've rehomed and we always urge friends thinking about getting a dog to consider a rehomed dog as there are so many wee souls looking for a roof over their head. I only wish we had more room to offer a home to another rescue Cav as they are the best dogs in the world and ask for so little but give us so much :-)

MurphysMummy
13th April 2010, 06:05 PM
Are all of the dogs at dogfriends situated in foster homes?