PDA

View Full Version : Fufu

Nicki
15th April 2010, 10:55 PM
Fufu sadly left us this afternoon.

Her quality of life had been deteriorating of late, she had bad arthritis, also a bad heart {but not in CHF}, but she had been battling another bout of Pancreatitis and very sadly this time she was not winning :(:(

She has been an amazing dog, bounced back so many times even from HGE and Pancreatitis, but this time she did not want to eat and was in pain, so we decided that the kindest thing to do was to let her go.

This is so very very hard for us after losing Teddy just a week ago.

Fufu actually belongs to my friend Debbie, but had been living with us for the last 2 years and had become one of the family.

Fufu was 12 in February and left us a wonderful legacy including our doggie family.

This was taken a couple of years ago - sadly now she looked somewhat older and more frail, but this is how we want to remember her

http://www.pbase.com/trevorhughes/image/104644727/original.jpg

Molski
15th April 2010, 10:58 PM
Im very sorry for another loss , she was a beautiful dog, what a lovely picture of her, may she run free with teddy and my Molly at Rainbow Bridge .

kimy27
15th April 2010, 11:20 PM
I'm so sorry Nicki. She looks like she was a lovely dog. I'm sure she is with Teddy now.

*Pauline*
15th April 2010, 11:35 PM
I'll pm you :hug: x

Love my Cavaliers
15th April 2010, 11:41 PM
Oh, it seems like I've been doing too much crying lately with all these cavaliers dying and being newly diagnosed with SM. Nicki, I'm so sorry about Fufu. Run like the wind Fufu - find Teddy!

jacies
15th April 2010, 11:59 PM
So sorry to hear of this double blow of losing two lovely doggies so close. At least they will be together now, running free.

Cathy T
16th April 2010, 12:05 AM
My heart is just breaking for you Nicki....to lose Fufu so soon after Teddy....I'm so so sorry. She was a beautiful girl and really seemed to have nine lives. Rest well Fufu and run free.

tupup
16th April 2010, 12:38 AM
Nicki, im so very sorry for your loss,so soon after Teddy.Both so beautiful & special,my heart breaks for you.Perhaps its small comfort at this dreadful time to know Teddy would have been waiting for her & able to show her around. God bless Fufu:hug:

Tania has asked me to pass on her condolences,she is away as her Dad is ill but wants you to know that she is thinking of you & she is so so sorry for your loss:hug:

Please look after yourself x

Karlin
16th April 2010, 01:44 AM
Nicki, I am so sorry. You have had more than your share of grief -- more than anyone should ever have to deal with in the past few months, with the last week being particularly difficult. FuFu was another one of those special ones and I always enjoyed hearing about her. I know she had had her ups and downs in recent times, and had bounced back over and over. My thoughts are with you yet again.

HollyDolly
16th April 2010, 02:45 AM
Nicki what can I say except my thoughts are with you all yet again.
I fell in love with FUFU's face when I saw her , yet another stunner
gone to the bridge.:(

Love
Nanette

Sabby
16th April 2010, 10:14 AM
I cant even begin to imagine what you are going through. My heart is breaking just thinking of how you must be feeling so soon after Teddy.
Run free little Fufu.

Brian M
16th April 2010, 10:57 AM
Hello Nicki

I am lost for words again Nick ,for this to happen so soon after Teddy it is so hard to take in and believe .I am so so sorry for you Nicki to have gone through this double tragedy and have lost two beautiful Cavaliers so quickly, it must be totally devastating for you.
My heartfelt condolences to you both.

brian:(:(

sins
16th April 2010, 10:58 AM
I'm so sorry Nicki,what an awful choice to have to make so soon after Ted.
She was such a remarkable girl.
Sins

meljoy
16th April 2010, 05:23 PM
Nicki,
Like others have said at least she and Teddy can run together now.

Hugs

Mel:hug::hug:

The Rouge Princess
16th April 2010, 05:27 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Fufu and so close to Teddy's passing.

Sending warm, healing thoughts your way

x

Desrae
16th April 2010, 05:51 PM
Oh no. I am so sorry Nicki. I cannot imagine how much in despair you must feel, at least Fufu is free from pain, what a beautiful girl! My heart goes out to you and your family.:(

Wagtails
16th April 2010, 05:53 PM
For Fufu, with many tears - run free sweet girlhttp://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv97/Cavviewagtails/Animations/Sparklingtulip.gif

The Dogs Legacy

When humans die, they make a will to leave their homes and all they have to those they love. I too would make a will if I could write.
To some poor wistful, lonely stray Id leave my happy home,
My dish, my cosy bed, my cushioned chair, my toy.
The well loved lap, the gentle stroking hand, the loving voice, the place I made in someone's heart,
The love that at the last could help me to a peaceful painless end held in loving arms.

When I should die, oh do not say,
"No more a pet I'll have, to grieve me by her loss"
But rather seek some lonely, unloved dog and give my place to them.

This is the legacy I leave behind - 'tis all I have to give.

jasperpaw
16th April 2010, 08:35 PM
So sorry to read about Fufu and so soon after Teddy, thinking of you and her owner Debbie.:hug:

heather r
16th April 2010, 09:25 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss of 2 precious cavaliers in such a short period of time.

Fufu was lovely!

Heather R

davey
16th April 2010, 09:28 PM
Aw..i am so so sorry to hear of such such sad news... :(

davey
16th April 2010, 09:32 PM
oh Nicki, I have just seen that you have lost two beloved cavvies in such short time...I am so so so sorry for you, you poor things...sorry, dont know what else to say....:(

EvelynF
16th April 2010, 10:53 PM
Very sorry for your loss - run free Fufu.

Sandrac
17th April 2010, 10:51 AM
Nicki, Can't imagine how you are feeling at the moment. Truly devastating to lose Fufu so soon after Teddy. Thinking of you at this sad time. :hug:

Nicki
17th April 2010, 03:57 PM
Thank you so much everyone for all the lovely posts, also to those whom have very kindly PM'd and e-mailed.:flwr::flwr:

My apologies for my PM box being full, I'm going to empty it now...

My husband was reading messages out to me - I had to go to the crematorium again yesterday, it's just over 160 mile round trip and I was exhausted and completely drained from all the emotion and trying to keep myself together for the trip. I hadn't been able to come on until now - it's still hard to type.

The crematorium are really lovely - it's a husband and wife team offering a very personal service. Sadly I've got to know them rather well over the last 2 years :(:(

They very kindly arranged so that I could drop Fufu to them, then go off for about 4 hours and then be able to pick her up so I could bring her ashes home. It's helped to have her home so quickly.

Our home is feeling very empty - we were fostering Esme for Debbie and she left us at the end of last month; then with Teddy and Fufu going, we've dropped from 7 to 4 dogs in just a few weeks.

At the moment most of the time I'm feeling numb - which I think is a blessing and maybe just my way of coping. It's the small things that are setting me off - getting out too many bowls or treats, a change in the greetings when I get home {Teddy gave such enthusiastic greetings and used to be so pleased to see me}; Fufu used to bark for her treat!!

Marie-Anne, that is a lovely poem, thank you. :flwr:

pippa
17th April 2010, 09:47 PM
So sorry Nicki...:(

Princess Phoebe
18th April 2010, 12:41 PM
So sorry to hear about your loss, especially two in such a short space of time.

Karen and Ruby
20th April 2010, 11:05 PM
Im only just reading this today as I havent had any internet connection for a while.

I cant imagine how upset you must be at this time and feel sooo sorry that tragedy has struck twice in such a short space if time.
Please take comfort in knowing Teddy and Fufu are together and not lonely xxx

There are no words:cry*ing:

Im sooo sorry xx

Nicki
21st April 2010, 12:31 PM
Thank you so much - Fufu is very sadly missed, she really did rule the house, us included LOL

ourempire
23rd April 2010, 09:56 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. It feels so unfair to lose two wonderful dogs within such a short time. I send you all my warmest thoughts and greetings :flwr: :hug:

Cathy Moon
24th April 2010, 07:25 PM
Nicki, I'm so sorry for your loss of Fufu; it is heartbreaking to know that you and Trevor are going through this again. It just seems so unfair. You're both in our thoughts.

ppotterfield
27th April 2010, 03:28 PM
Oh, FuFu, you were a beautiful girl and I know much loved. You will also be remembered with love, I am certain.

Rj Mac
2nd May 2010, 07:08 AM
Nicki,

I can't believe we missed this thread, we are so sorry for your loss, just wanted you to know, that you'r in our thoughts :hug::hug::hug:

R.

James
21st May 2010, 05:59 PM
Nicki
I always get upset reading the memorials and now after finding out who Fufu was I am so saddened, ever so sorry, She is so like Ben.

Nicki
21st May 2010, 07:00 PM
Thank you everyone - a special thank you to James, I'm sure you won't mind me telling people that Fufu was Ben's Mum :)

matties mum
21st May 2010, 07:30 PM
I am so sorry
--Aileen