PDA

View Full Version : Poppy's second day.

*Pauline*
18th April 2010, 04:00 PM
Thought you might like to see these pics, we have had a good day. Poppy needed to be woken up this morning, well Dylan thought so, there he was, all eager to play and Pops was still extra sleepy and stretched out.

We walked to the vet to register Poppy and pick up pills for Dylan. We didn't wait around to see if her ear mites have gone (they smell fine), not with her being at the tail end of her season, the place full of Staffs and an estimated 90 minute wait. I'll go back tomorrow. I find it hard to walk two dogs so my neighbour came with me. Dylan usually pulls but is better with her and Poppy was great on the lead. A really enjoyable time.

She loves the sofa.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4030/4531350866_cd22b093d9_b.jpg

We came home and I couldn't resist bathing her. I had heard she loved a bath and she tried to get into my bath with me this morning! It was so easy compared to doing Dylan with his masses of locks. She has such a shiny coat.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4008/4530722613_f0e5839320_b.jpg

Ash came home and a very loving, wet dog placed herself on his lap and he was smitten!
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4034/4531412600_3ee7a63da8_b.jpg

"Mum says I'm not allowed to jump up here."
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4056/4531353018_c84af2028f_b.jpg

Nicki
18th April 2010, 04:08 PM
So glad it's going well and Dylan is getting used to his new sister :D

Poppy seems quite settled already!! Nothing like a damp soggy dog to fall in love with :eek:

Glad to see you have a table ornament too - we have coffee table ornaments :eek::rolleyes::D It's a great short cut between the chair and the sofa :rolleyes:

The Rouge Princess
18th April 2010, 04:14 PM
Lovely pics of Dylan and Poppy.They look very cute together in the picture with Ash.

Who doesn't love a soggy doggy, eh :D

x

jacies
18th April 2010, 04:19 PM
Lovely pictures Pauline, so glad she is settling in so well. You will have to keep your chairs pushed in to the table:p Can't believe your vets is open on a Sunday, you would not find that around here.

*Pauline*
18th April 2010, 04:25 PM
Can't believe your vets is open on a Sunday, you would not find that around here.

Yes, they are great for opening hours. You don't need to make an appointment but you might have a long wait. They have a 24 hour service now, assuming out of hours is more expensive but they do open Sundays until midday for the usual rates.

I changed to them because my old vet used to charge 10 for a repeat prescription and 5 for insurance admin, things you can't claim back on insurance :eek: When you give your pet pills every day for the rest of his life, this can be expensive.

Desrae
18th April 2010, 04:28 PM
She is beautiful. How wonderful you have her now. Lucky you to have a vet open on a Sunday!

jld
18th April 2010, 04:41 PM
Ohhhhh, she is gorgeous....what a little sweetie.:o

Lani
18th April 2010, 04:46 PM
Pauline, she is just precious!!! :lotsaluv:

Love all these pics and it seems she is doing just great in her new home :jump:

Karlin
18th April 2010, 05:28 PM
There are several vets open on Sundays in Dublin -- mine are...

jasperpaw
18th April 2010, 06:20 PM
Lovely photos, I love the first one and the one of Poppy and Dylan with your son, she certainly seems to have settled in very well for her first day.:)

MurphysMummy
18th April 2010, 06:42 PM
She is absolutely beautiful! :luv:

pinkpuppy
18th April 2010, 06:49 PM
Poppy is adorable! It's good to see she is settling in nicely.

heather r
18th April 2010, 07:01 PM
What great photos of Poppy, Dylan and Ash. The first photo is really great!

Heather R

Charlifarley
18th April 2010, 07:03 PM
I am delighted for you that Poppy has arrived at last. She seems to be settling in very well, making herself at home. She is gorgeous too by the way.

Rj Mac
18th April 2010, 07:43 PM
Great to hear, she's settling in fine, the walking gets easier with practice.......honest,they are fab pics:D

Catareta
18th April 2010, 07:52 PM
She is so gorgeous - wondering when we can get another... haven't got space :-S

*Pauline*
18th April 2010, 09:00 PM
There, that didn't take long! First time he's cuddled up to Poppy.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2767/4532351406_b63c07248d_b.jpg

jacies
18th April 2010, 09:34 PM
Oh thats good. Mind you it does look like Dylan has drawn the short straw there and is getting pushed off the bed:p Looks like Poppy might be the boss and maybe its the photo but she looks a bit bigger than him.

Jasperxxgabby
18th April 2010, 10:24 PM
Aww congratulations Pauline, she is beautiful :luv:. Great to hear she seems to be settling in nicely, I love the picture of her on the table, adorable :).

pippa
18th April 2010, 10:57 PM
Ah how cute !

lorebringer
19th April 2010, 09:21 AM
She is so pretty, glad to see they are getting on and she is making herself at home!

allie
19th April 2010, 10:43 AM
Great pics - she's gorgeous [they both are].

Sandrac
19th April 2010, 12:48 PM
Pauline, you take super photos, Poppy is gorgeous and seems to have settled in to her new home very quick. Lovely to see them both snuggling up together although poor Dylan looks like he's been squashed onto the edge of the bed.:p

Dublin
19th April 2010, 02:51 PM
Congrats, Poppy is stunning! Looks like she won Dylans heart too!:D

*Pauline*
19th April 2010, 03:01 PM
We went to the vets today to get her microchipped and she listen to her heart, everything is fine. She is not over weight according to the vet even though she weighs a hefty 10.55 kilos. She didn't yelp when she had the chip and the vet put the chip in lower than usual on my request.

meljoy
19th April 2010, 03:57 PM
She looks adorable Pauline......how has Dylan taken to his new sister?

Keep the photo's coming:-p

*Pauline*
19th April 2010, 05:03 PM
He walks round humping the air, even if he's walking beside her. Having a dog in season is hard work. The vet said one more week but he'll be interested for a while. She said she's willing to do it in one month. What does everyone think? Poor Dylan is exhausted.

mounie
19th April 2010, 05:50 PM
dear Pauline, am very happy for all of you, congratulations!!:luv:

Karlin
19th April 2010, 05:54 PM
heh what is it about table tops that are so interesting? icon_nwunsure

team bella
19th April 2010, 06:05 PM
She is just a little stunner, glad she's fitted in so well.:rah:

jacies
19th April 2010, 06:17 PM
He walks round humping the air, even if he's walking beside her. Having a dog in season is hard work. The vet said one more week but he'll be interested for a while. She said she's willing to do it in one month. What does everyone think? Poor Dylan is exhausted.
Poor Dylan, didn't realise he was not neutered. Lets hope he loses interest when she is finished being in season. Should think a couple of months time would be Ok to spay her, you don't have to decide now, wait and see how it goes.

*Pauline*
19th April 2010, 06:35 PM
heh what is it about table tops that are so interesting? icon_nwunsure

And on my table, only two chairs at a time fit neatly under the table. I have put cushions on the others but she could pull them off. Nothing else I can do.

Margaret C
19th April 2010, 08:14 PM

She is a beautiful little girl. I love Black and Tans.

All of this phantom humping will settle down when Poppy has completely finished being in season.

Half way between heats is usually thought to be the best time to spay, and there really won't be any hurry once she stops smelling so interesting.

casshon
19th April 2010, 08:24 PM
She's gorgeous Pauline - congrats :)

*Pauline*
19th April 2010, 09:40 PM
She is a beautiful little girl. I love Black and Tans.

All of this phantom humping will settle down when Poppy has completely finished being in season.

Half way between heats is usually thought to be the best time to spay, and there really won't be any hurry once she stops smelling so interesting.

Thanks Margaret. I'll wait. As we spoke about on the phone, he can tell if a girl is un-spayed, season or not :rolleyes: She is doing her best to put him off without being nasty.