• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Anyone else??..

MurphysMummy

Does anyone else think about loosing there little angels..no more walkies,cuddles..
I do every day even though I try not to..it just plays on your mind when you think of the future..Im feeling really down today! :(:(

sorry your having a sad day :(
i dont really think about it anymore - i used to quite alot but decided that as they dont think about it and have no fear of it why should I - it can just upset you too much and spoil the time we have with them no matter how long or short
i think you just have to take each day as it comes and enjoy them :flwr:

Yes I know what you mean, I do, and it really upsets me and I try to not dwell on it. Jasper is now 10 and with MVD and although he is fine at present I am well aware he is getting older and I realise I and he have been very lucky compared to some on this forum and he has had very good health up until the last 15 months. We went out for a nice long walk today as it was so nice and I got worried that Jasper would get exhausted as it`s getting warmer and he would have to rest, I was getting a bit paranoid and saying to my daughter we would have to stop but he was fine, he does give it his all when he goes for walks.

from someone who lost my gorgeous lab last friday aged 4, please please please dont dwell on this. it will only cloud your time with them. sullivan was poorly from 6 months and i always thought the worst and now he has gone i so wish i had just enjoyed every single moment with him and not let these thoughts tarnish anything. regret is something noones wants to live with and bentley (tri) is gonna be living proof that live in the moment and cherish everything xx

Sorry to hear you are feeling this way,I know how you feel though,we have four furbabies and cannot even imagine life without them.I think about it all the time but have now made a effort not to as it was upsetting me too much................

I say enjoy the time you have with them.....give as many cuddles and love as you can physically give.........life with them is far too precious to spend it being upset.

hope you cheer up soon:)

Sorry to hear you're feeling sad,MurphysMummy.I can only echo the words of everyone else on here but I know how you feel.I, (like others) used to think about this a lot when Scarlett was first here and sometimes it still creeps in.I just keep telling myself the same thing Gem pointed out - about them being none the wiser.

I tell myself this every day ;)

Hugs
x

One of the things we have to accept when we start owning dogs (of any breed) is that we shall outlive perhaps six dogs in our lifetime. This doesn't make losing any of them any easier, but you can treasure each one as an individual, enjoy every moment you have with them, be thankful for all they give you, and perhaps do the last loving act of putting them out of pain or an impossible life. Cavaliers have such a love of life - don't miss out on it!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

After wanting a dog for years when my husband and I went to pick up Barney I said to him we must be mad, he asked why???? You've wanted a puppy for ages!! I answered him by saying what will we be like when he passes away? He said for goodness sake he's only eight weeks old!!.........I know what I'm like when a fish dies in our house lol. Barney is eight now and overall very healthy, I count my blessings and make the most of him (and the new puppy). Our pets have a lovely and happy life and when Barney is an old man I hope my memories make me smile and that the knowledge that he has had a full and happy life help me when he passes away!! I wouldn't be without either of them...

This is something i use to worry about on a daily basis as i knew Molly had a bad heart and the day would come when her medication just wouldnt work anymore, i however decided to make sure every day with her was a good one, one filled with love, walks , playtime, she loved to play tug and football and i made sure whenever she wanted to play , we played, if she wanted a walk, we walked , i made her scrummy meals , although still very healthy and just spent as much time with her each day as i could and as much time as she wanted . I now look back on our time together with great happiness knowing we had good fun . She adored me as much as i adored her and i will always have the greatest memories of her . Enjoy your time to the full now and be sad after that horrible day comes , dont waste your days by being sad now .

Does anyone else think about loosing there little angels..no more walkies,cuddles..
I do every day even though I try not to..it just plays on your mind when you think of the future..Im feeling really down today! :(:(
It's constantly on my mind. I knew Sonny was on borrowed time and I treasured every second with him. My vet had told me at the time that MVD is common in Cavs but I wouldn't change a thing as the 8 years we had him were so wonderful and worth all the pain I feel even now.
I've now got a rescue dog who is 7 and as Sonny had MVD I worry about Kaley. Her hearts fine just now but i just worry if she so much as coughs after what we went thor' with Sonny. I really try to treasure every day and fill it with wonderful memories.
I guess it's the price to pay having these wonderful animals in our lives - we know we'll outlive them and just pray when the time comes that the last decision we make is out of love for them.

Back