PDA

View Full Version : Rosie the Rescue (formerly Foster needed thread)

Karlin
21st April 2010, 11:18 PM
This little puppy farm rescue girl needs foster from this Friday, when she is having her spay. More info on her here (http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/showthread.php?34417-Imagine-keeping-your-cavalier-like-this). Needs lots of TLC and let's see if we can get her hair to start growing back...

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4001/4538091497_dd8e725b36.jpg

*Pauline*
21st April 2010, 11:49 PM
Bless her, I think she's beautiful. Here's hoping she is homed soon. I bet she feels so much better already. Is she with you for now Karlin?

MurphysMummy
21st April 2010, 11:55 PM
If I was in Ireland I'd have her!! She has got a look that really catches my eye!! She is so beautiful :( :l*v:

Karlin
22nd April 2010, 12:17 AM
No, not with me; she is at the lady's home who took her in but she really should not stay there as she and her husband have limited mobility and she needs walks and housetraining. I need a foster place for her in the Dublin area.

allie
22nd April 2010, 01:33 PM
Hope she gets sorted - she deserves the best after the poor start she's had. She's a beaut.

brid kenny
22nd April 2010, 03:13 PM
Karlin,
I would love to but am away on Friday for the weekend. So sorry. I am certainly feeling for the little dear. How long do you need a foster for?

Karlin
22nd April 2010, 06:36 PM
She will need a foster til she is homed. Short term she might possibly be able to stay with the elderly woman but this is not ideal.

Karlin
22nd April 2010, 06:54 PM
An emergency case has gone in to my vets for surgery in the am so they have asked if her spay can be done Tuesday now instead. So ideally would like to keep her at the elderly woman's home til then as otherwise it is difficult to get her in to Blanchardstown unless someone could take her Tues by 9:30.

train4fun
22nd April 2010, 08:53 PM
I can do it if you need. Its Joe from Portlaoise.I fostered Tamzie and Suzie for you before.

Karlin
22nd April 2010, 09:50 PM
Thanks Joe. Don;t think that would work though unfortunately -- she couldn't really go in with all the other dogs unless someone was there to manage -- think too awkward for your mother with her dogs. Right now she is dog-reactive.

train4fun
22nd April 2010, 11:30 PM
I am at home all the time now with dogs.I could work with her if you want. I could manage her around my dogs.what u think

Karlin
23rd April 2010, 12:44 AM
Thanks; I just don't think it would be the right situation for this particular dog.

susandavis1
23rd April 2010, 02:15 PM
Hi Karlin

I'm in Navan if that's any help to you, husband is at home during the day and we just have Darcy.

Sue

Karlin
27th April 2010, 12:34 PM
Rosie has gone in for her snip and chip this morning so keep her in your thoughts. She was full of beans, and decided to have a little wee on the floor at the vet's. :lol: the good news is that her hair seems to be coming back in -- you can feel a slight fuzz on her so it looks like she will end up being back to her old self in appearance once she gets some rest, some relief from having puppies, and a nice diet. She is going to be a very pretty girl. :)

Shelli
27th April 2010, 01:01 PM
So glad to hear that Rosie is doing well. I hope she finds a forever home soon, the poor little girl deserves all the love she can get :flwr:

allie
27th April 2010, 01:29 PM
Fingers crossed for Rosie. Let us know how she gets on.

*Pauline*
27th April 2010, 01:35 PM
So glad to hear she was full of beans when you saw her. You can tell she's going to be really pretty. I'm still concerned about that sagging tummy though.

Charlifarley
27th April 2010, 02:54 PM
Thats great. Hope the op goes well for her and that she gets her new home soon.

brid kenny
27th April 2010, 03:19 PM
Just wondering of she has foster home yet? How long would she be in care?

Karlin
27th April 2010, 05:22 PM
She has a foster place and I am just about to leave and go collect her at the vet. She did fine and we also did a skin scrape which came back negative. Given the particular symmetrical pattern of her hair loss the vet feels confident this is hormone related and should grow back.

She is really one of the sweetest dogs I have ever had in rescue -- just a little dote!

Charlifarley
27th April 2010, 07:19 PM
Thats great, onwards and upwards Rosie:lol:

tupup
27th April 2010, 11:20 PM
Thats great Karlin thanks for the update,it all sounds positive for little Rosie:)This little girl is one of the prettiest ive seen & i bet her pics dont do her justice!

I hope Rosie gets her loving home soon & has a life of riley:l*v:

allie
28th April 2010, 09:41 AM
Excellent news - glad she's through the op and off to a lovely foster home. Hopefully it'll not be long before she's settled in a permanent place and can become the cherished girl she should be.

Nicki
28th April 2010, 11:02 AM
So glad she's doing ok, and it's great that it's prob just hormonal and the hair will come back.

Thank you to whomever is fostering - we hope to hear soon that she has a permanent home to go to.

Karlin
28th April 2010, 07:40 PM
She's been a bit out of it today and not eating though she is wagging her tail -- we are hoping she will be better by this evening. If not she will go into the vet in the morning. Keep her in your thoughts.

Charlifarley
28th April 2010, 09:50 PM
Oh no, poor thing. I hope she feels better soon. She sounds such a sweetheart. Fingers crossed all will be ok for her.

Desrae
28th April 2010, 09:54 PM
Sending positive thoughts to Rosie:l*v:

jld
28th April 2010, 11:55 PM
Oh bless her. Hope she is much better.

*Pauline*
29th April 2010, 08:43 AM
How's Rosie today? I was just thinking, you don't have a ruby...yet...do you Karlin? icon_whistling:wink:

Karlin
29th April 2010, 12:39 PM
She's perkier this morning and drinking water but still not interested in food. She will go see Sue's vet this evening to be extra careful and maybe get her a tin or two of sensitivity food s she has a bit of an upset tummy. However she is up and wandering around, wagging her little bare tail and going to the water bowl on her own so all that is good. :)

No rubies yet and it will remain that way for a while. :lol: I am stepowner to a very large alsatian who is bigger than all five of mine put together so have my hands full with occasional dog minding activity. Maybe eventually there will be a ruby, when there's a larger joint household somewhere... :cool:

allie
29th April 2010, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the updates Karlin. Fingers crossed Rosie perks up soon.

susandavis1
29th April 2010, 02:07 PM
Hi all

Just a quick hello and a pic of Rosie.
I know that Karlin has updated you all on her upset tummy and her lack of interest in any food, so I will let you know later how she gets on at the vets.
Despite her obvious discomfort, she continues to greet me with a wagging tail (even tho it is only as thick as a pen!). She absolutely adores getting petted and rubbed and she moans softly when we do it for her.
Fingers crossed that I can get her little tummy settled soon and get her on the road to recovery.

Sue

http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae162/cutedarcy/Rosie.jpg

*Pauline*
29th April 2010, 02:18 PM
Aww, that's what we needed to see, a more relaxed expression on little Rose's face. Isn't she lovely.

Sabby
29th April 2010, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the update. She is such a sweetie.

Wagtails
29th April 2010, 03:49 PM
Thanks so much for that gorgeous photo, Sue. We're all keeping everything crossed for little Rosie's speedy recovery and eventual forever home. She's such a sweetie pie
http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv97/Cavviewagtails/Animations/Heartblowingpoog.gif

Charlifarley
29th April 2010, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the pic and the update. She looks so relaxed and content there.
Question: how are you going to part with her? :lol:

Tania
29th April 2010, 07:19 PM
She looks relaxed and contented, thanks for the update and for helping her :)

Nicki
29th April 2010, 08:45 PM
She is an absolute darling - so pleased she is a bit more settled.

It is great that she is enjoying a fuss - probably the first time in her sad wee life :(

I hope she's a lot more comfortable tonight and is eating again.

team bella
29th April 2010, 08:55 PM
She is so cute, hope she recovers soon

diddy
29th April 2010, 10:01 PM
Lovely to see her curled up comfy in bed. Hope she's feeling better this evening.Sending her a little hug:hug:

susandavis1
30th April 2010, 02:01 PM
Hi guys

Just a quick update on Rosie. I brought Rosie to my vet last night and she prescribed prokolin for her but Rosie still had a very sick tummy overnight and hadn't improved by this morning so Karlin thought it best to bring Rosie to her own vet as Rosie will be at a closer distance.
The poor thing was still wagging her tail at me this morning despite her discomfort, she is such a sweet little soul.
Unfortunately, I was at work and couldn't get home to say goodbye to her before my hubby brought her back to Karlin :( Sending Rosie big hugs and loves and hoping she is feeling real better soon.

Sue

allie
30th April 2010, 02:41 PM
Poor Rosie - hope she picks up soon. She's had such a rough time and still happy with it - she's a wee star. I'll be away from the computer until Tuesday but she'll be in my thoughts.

merello
30th April 2010, 02:48 PM
Sue,

Hope Rosie improves over the weekend, she is such a beautiful little girl.

Carol

Zoe bowie
30th April 2010, 02:48 PM
Poor Sweet Rosie, what a life you have had so far, I pray that you get better soon & are able to enjoy the bountiful life you deserve, with loads of love, cuddles & people who care for you xx

Nicki
30th April 2010, 04:36 PM
oh no poor Rosie :(:(

So sorry to read this. Thanks for looking after her Sue, I'm sure it's just one of those things and sometimes a GA can make them a bit poorly. Also maybe just too many changes too quickly.

prokolin sometimes takes a day or so to work.

Tania
30th April 2010, 06:02 PM
We are keeping all paws and fingers crossed for Rosie. :xfngr: Poor little soul.

Karlin
30th April 2010, 07:25 PM
Sue and her partner did a fantastic job gently caring for Rosie and I am so thankful she had people there with her at all times. She had been a lot better yesterday but as Sue said, was not doing great this morning so I thought she would be better back to my vets as this is so hard for a foster home to have to manage. :flwr:

God love the little thing, she wagged her little bare tail at my vet as well, then just lay down on the table. She also vomited while there. So they have put her on a drip to help rehydrate her and gave her an antinausea injection and something for her tummy. They also tested for parvo as a precaution and thank goodness, that came back negative. They feel it is probably gastroenteritis and hopefully she will begin to feel a lot better over night. If she is OK I will take her here over the weekend then she can go back to foster when she is her cheerful self. If she is still weak tomorrow, she will stay in at my vets.

Special thanks to Sue and Aidan for loving care. I have the jumper you wrapped her in that was in the crate BTW. :)

Charlifarley
30th April 2010, 08:20 PM
The poor little pet.She probably doesn't know which end is up at the moment. Hope she feels a lot better soon. Hugs and licks from my two are on the way.:hug:

Teresa
30th April 2010, 09:00 PM
Poor little mite!! I think she's had her fair share of runnish in life now!! Hope she's feeling better tomorrow..x

Karlin
1st May 2010, 11:25 AM
Just spoke to my vet's office- she is much better today! And apparently was clearing the room yesterday with her gas...:lol:. She's drinking water and has stopped getting sick. If she keeps down some food then I will go get her after lunch. Stay tuned!

Karlin
1st May 2010, 01:09 PM
:updte: Sill not eating and has diarrhea so she is going to stay in at the vets and we will see how she is tomorrow. I am happier having her in being minded and cared for. :flwr: She is drinking normally and that is one of the most important things. Hopefully she will want something to eat over the next 24 hours and her tummy will settle further.

jasperpaw
1st May 2010, 01:23 PM
Sorry that Rosie is still not well, she looks such a sweet little cavalier and has been through so much.

Sabby
1st May 2010, 04:09 PM
Poor little Rosie, hope she improves by tomorrow. She deserves to have a happy life after all that she has been through. She is such a sweet thing. Sending gentle hugs:hug:

*Pauline*
1st May 2010, 05:14 PM
Oh bless her, poor thing. Good job she came out of her horrible situation, those cruel people would never have taken such good care as Sue and Aidan and Karlin. I have a good feeling about this girl, she's got to get better soon. Have they taken a stool sample?

team bella
1st May 2010, 06:00 PM
poor wee Rosie. She's had such a hard life that she's probably rundown. Fingers crossed she get well soon and start enjoying her new life. Sending loves :l*v:

Nicki
1st May 2010, 08:04 PM
thanks for the update Karlin - Rosie is in the right place and hopefully she will feel a bit better soon.

Rj Mac
2nd May 2010, 07:19 AM
Hope she's better soon, she's beautiful:l*v:

mishy
2nd May 2010, 11:54 AM
Saying prayers for sweet little Rosie that she gets better soon.