PDA

View Full Version : Looking to home an older Cavalier.

lilylee
26th April 2010, 01:31 PM
My cavalier passed away nearly two years ago due to old age (he was 12), I am looking to home another one as I love them!
I live in UK, yorkshire so if you know or hear of anyone needing a loving caring home please let me know.
5-6 months ago a shih-tzu was really badly neglected so i knocked on the door and offered her a home...i was refused!:( a week later that very person came and gave her to me....i bathed her, fed her and gave her my attention, took her to be groomed to get rid of all the matts she had and she now is a loving confidant 3yr old! just as she should be!

So the cavalier i am seeking to home must be used to other dogs :D
I look forward to any replies and thanx for reading this :smile:

Kate H
26th April 2010, 03:02 PM
Have a look at the Many Tears website (www.manytears.co.uk (http://www.manytears.co.uk)) - they rescue many older Cavaliers from puppy farms and prefer them to go to homes with another dog to help them settle in. Many Tears is in south Wales, but they foster dogs all over Britain, so there might be one nearer to you.

Good for you getting your Shih Tzu, and for wanting to take in an oldie!

Kate, Oliver and Aled (younger Many Tears rescue)

lilylee
26th April 2010, 06:10 PM
thanx Kate, i have already been in contact with many tears and await them getting back in touch with me :D

Karlin
26th April 2010, 06:23 PM
Many people here keep an eye on the various rescues in the Uk and crosspost listings here. NB normally these are crosspostings and the person who posted has nothing to do with the rescue or deciding on the home so you'd need to use the link to make direct contact with the rescue. :thmbsup:

HollyDolly
26th April 2010, 11:40 PM
http://www.rochdale-dog-rescue.com/urgentdogs.html

There is a Cavalier on here called Audrey in need of a home, give them a ring and see if you can adopt her. she will be PTS Monday 3rd May. If you do not want her let me know and I will get her out of there, only 15mins from me.

Nanette

lilylee
27th April 2010, 10:41 AM
thank you so much for the link you sent me above...I went and had a look and she looks adorable, i filled in the form and they will get back to me within the next 48 hours..im so excited I hope they do! :l*v:
I will let you know how i get on.

Wagtails
27th April 2010, 10:47 AM
WOW - we'll all be keeping everything crossed for you, Elaine. Do let us know how you get on :xfngr: :xfngr: :xfngr:

Nicki
27th April 2010, 10:56 AM
Oh Paws crossed here too - she looks a sweetie :l*v:

*Pauline*
27th April 2010, 11:29 AM
Oh wow, she's very pretty. I hope you get her :D

Charlifarley
27th April 2010, 12:02 PM
Best of luck, I hope you get her, she looks adorable.

lilylee
27th April 2010, 05:02 PM
just an update...I had a reply from the Rochester doggie rescue and ive since been in touch with a dog rescue she is going to(if not reclaimed by her owner) to express my concerns and wishes to offer her a forever loving home :D i DO hope to hear from them and i will keep you posted...ive everything crossed!"! lol

MurphysMummy
27th April 2010, 06:57 PM
Oh my goodness she is beautiful!!! Well done you..hope all goes well and hope she becomes yours!!! :D

tupup
27th April 2010, 11:25 PM
Good luck,she looks like a gorgeous girl, do keep us posted:xfngr::xfngr:

jld
1st May 2010, 02:40 AM
Oh, I hope you get her.......everything crossed for you.