• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Shampoo

Teresa

Can anyone recommend a good shampoo as the one I use now seems to dry Barneys coat a bit. Also as his coat is long a nice detangling one would be good.

Cassie has a John Paul Oatmeal shampoo in her puppy pack and this seemed quite nice but I'd like some recommendations before I buy one.

We use Groomers shampoo and conditioner for Kizzy (and Ozzy and Zara). It smells nice, is quite reasonable priced and the conditioner definitely helps keep coats less tangled. I read somewhere that if a dog is prone to skin allergies, oatmeal shampoo should be avoided. Bella has (typically) sensitive Westie skin, so on her we use PetNat Dermacton.

Favorite Shampoo

I love love love "Buddy Wash" followed by "Buddy Rinse" (conditioner) by Cloud Star. It smells divine and my girls coat is sooo shiny and soft. Seems to moisturize her skin more than dry it out

I read somewhere that if a dog is prone to skin allergies, oatmeal shampoo should be avoided. .

Maddie has pollen allergies, not skin allergies as such, and we use John Paul Pet oatmeal shampoo and conditioner. It seems to really sooth her skin, and she doesn't seem to lose her natural oils for as long after bathing.
We also use it on Pippin, who does have a long coat, and he is definitely easier to groom, and shinier, after bathing.

It's not cheap though, but it seems to be lasting me a long while.

Thanks for the replies, I use groomers shampoo at the moment for Barney but he seems full of static...I liked the JPPet oatmeal when I used it on Cassie it seemed to rinse well and was gentle on her coat. Apparently it's good for dogs with sensitive skin (?)

I have only found it on the JPPet website, do you know if I can get it elsewhere? If not I might order it from there...

Thanks again..x:)

Does anyone know where to get JPPet shampoo or is it only available through their web site?

Thanks...:)

Back