• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Seven ways to improve walking your dog on a leash

Seven ways...sounds interesting. I found a solution to Dylan pulling me, get someone else to walk him while I walk Poppy!

Wow, some of these I haven't seen before, but of course they make sense as soon as I saw them. We're going to have to try playing fetch with Leo before we walk him and see if that helps with his pulling.

I've been walking Barney and Cassie together. Poor Barney walks beautifully if one step ahead of me, Cassie walks ok until she gets bored then decided to jump on Barney or tow for home/to get a random leaf....I've been standing still as soon as she pulls and waiting until she's relaxed before we set off again, it's a slow process but seems to be working. She seems to focus on me more and it's better than dragging her off in the other direction - I think Barney would find this rather confusing!!

I've also been walking her a few times a week on her own to promote her independance.
Overall she's not doing badly for a 15 week old :)

Hello

Having four ,I have two, Rosie and Lily who are quite happy to trot along by my side with no lead on at all, providing of course we are in a traffic free zone ,but Poppy and Daisy are two horrors .Poppy always runs up to the nearest human either for a pet or to see if theres any food to be had ,and Daisy just does what Daisy wants to do and and goes where Daisy wants to go and ignores everything else me included .Thats even after my first three completed their Good Puppy and Good Dog courses and were awarded nice rosettes as well ,but that might have been because they completed their course and possibly not what they achieved .:confused:

Ha ha Brian that sounds familiar - Barney is great on and off the lead untill he gets wind of a picnic at the park!! Greedy thing lol

I have four dogs and we walk as a pack fantastically - although down the middle of the road as we don't fit on pavement anymore :lol: We walk from l-r Kia [German Shepherd], Sassy [Poodle], me [eejit], Willow [Cavalier] & Eden [German Shepherd]. With two large dogs that are much stronger than me I don't let them walk in front. They're all very good when I walk them separately except for Willow the Cav - she pulls like crazy and tries to trail me down the street. Has me wound round her paws. When I "ach" scold the other dogs they go "oh s**t" and behave straight away, Willow gives me a look to say "what-ever" :lol:

Back