PDA

View Full Version : the death of a pet...

sunshinekisses
28th April 2010, 07:37 PM
makes one think of heaven....

Sunshine unexpectedly passed away last week...she was healthy and heart cleared by a cardiologist last year. I had a small autospy performed on her as it was so sudden. The vet suggested it was either a stroke or heart attack since finding were normal. What did I miss?

ETA: she was only 3.

Nicki
28th April 2010, 07:53 PM
Oh I'm so so sorry, this is just tragic :(:(

I'm sure you did not miss anything, just sometimes these things happen {it happened to us with a 5 year old Cavalier, Fillipa. We suspect that the chordae tendineae in her heart snapped, it's very rare but can happen to people too.}
So I can empathise with what you are going through. :(

I can only say that in time, this dreadful raw pain does ease, and eventually you will be able to look back and remember the happy times.

We are all here for you, this is a very supportive community.

I know it's not something you won't want to think about yet, but please do tell your breeder what has happened - she will need to know for future breeding decisions.

Desrae
28th April 2010, 08:26 PM
Oh dear, I'm so sorry. Nicki gave some good advice there...
Rest in Peace Sunshine. May your good memories of little Sunshine outshine the darkness of her death someday. We're here for you.

team bella
28th April 2010, 09:15 PM
That's terrible sad news. Sorry your heart is broken:hug::hug:

Cathy T
28th April 2010, 09:17 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Sunshine. To lose her so suddenly and at such a young age is such a difficult thing to accept. You didn't do anything wrong or miss anything. Sometimes things just happen. Please don't try and blame yourself. Please know that I am feeling your pain and sorrow and sending your prayers and good wishes.

Shivers
28th April 2010, 09:57 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I know only too well how hard it is to come to terms with the loss when its very sudden.
I dont know what to say to you. Take care xx

meljoy
28th April 2010, 10:04 PM
Im so sorry to read this. It must have been such a shock for you. Sending hugs.

Mel:l*v:

Teresa
28th April 2010, 10:12 PM
So sorry - so young too!!...xx:(

davey
28th April 2010, 10:49 PM
aw...i am so so sorry to hear this...u didnt miss anything...it just very sadly happened...sorry..:(

jld
28th April 2010, 10:52 PM
Oh, I am so very sorry. I know what you are going through. It is heartbreaking, and only time will make it better....

sunshinekisses
29th April 2010, 04:52 AM
I know it's not something you won't want to think about yet, but please do tell your breeder what has happened - she will need to know for future breeding decisions.
I am planning on calling her...just waiting for the right words. So was this a breed thing or just a freak accident?

vikki
29th April 2010, 06:39 AM
sending you all my hugs, what a sad and shocking thing to happen. I am glad she was with you for her time on earth I am sure you made her life perfection.

Sandrac
29th April 2010, 08:30 AM
So sorry to hear the tragic news about your dear little Sunshine. When these things happen so suddenly it is such a shock. Memories of Sunshine will stay in your heart forever. :hug:

Bet
29th April 2010, 10:25 AM
So sorry to hear the tragic news about your dear little Sunshine. When these things happen so suddenly it is such a shock. Memories of Sunshine will stay in your heart forever. :hug:

I just don't know how to answer your Post, but I am thinking about you , only to hope that eventually you will recover from this grim time.

Bet

Zoe bowie
29th April 2010, 10:57 AM
I am at a loss as to what to say to you, all I can say is that I am so sorry for your loss, I hope that in time you will start to come to terms with this untimely death of your beautiful Sunshine (what a beautiful name, for a beautiful girl). To be taken from you at such a young age in such a sudden way must be hard to comprehend. My thoughts are with you

Karlin
29th April 2010, 12:06 PM
I'm so, so sorry -- what a terrible shock and tragedy. :(

I do think what Nicki says may be the answer -- I lost a rescue dog at around the same age about 18 months ago who just passed away during surgery. Vets said it was a sudden heart failure consistent with the kind of collapse Nicki describes and a kind CKCS breeder echoed this opinion. Such dogs are sadly born with this congenital problem and generally pass away at around age 3-4. It generally cannot be detected when they are younger. If it is any consolation they generally pass away swiftly and with little pain or realisation as with a stroke -- it is just a tragedy that this happens when the dogs are so young. :cry*ing:

allie
29th April 2010, 02:03 PM
So sorry to read about your sudden loss of Sunshine. Heartbreaking.

Wagtails
29th April 2010, 02:56 PM
Sending kind thoughts from all of us here too. http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv97/Cavviewagtails/Animations/Heartblowingpoog.gif

I had a friend who lost two successive Cavaliers to the same problem - they weren't related and it didn't seem to be inherited in either case. Just one of those terrible tragic events that you just can't foresee. Do hope the happy memories of little Sunshine will help ease the pain of her loss in time. We're all here if you need us.
http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv97/Cavviewagtails/Animations/Sparklingtulip.gif

Kathleen
29th April 2010, 06:57 PM
My thoughts are with you. Only time can help to heal the pain of losing a beloved pet.
Love
Kathleen:hug:

Rj Mac
29th April 2010, 10:19 PM
We are so sorry for your loss, and just wanted you to know our thoughts are with you and yours:hug:

Cathy Moon
30th April 2010, 01:35 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. :( It sounds like the vet couldn't find anything, so there would have been no way to prevent what happened. Thinking of you. :hug:

brownietrout
30th April 2010, 02:53 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. I can only imagine your sorrow (((hugs)))

Spangly
30th April 2010, 03:32 PM
I too am so sorry for your loss. You must be feeling heartbroken. We are sending you our love and thinking of you.
Christine and Spangle:hug:

Margaret C
30th April 2010, 11:31 PM
I am so sorry. When a dog dies so young it can feel as if both owner and pet have been cheated of the life they should have enjoyed together.

I don't think you would have missed anything. I doubt if there was anything for you to see.

It is very hard to accept, but sometimes things happen and there is no explanation.

My very best wishes,