• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

the death of a pet...

sunshinekisses

makes one think of heaven....

Sunshine unexpectedly passed away last week...she was healthy and heart cleared by a cardiologist last year. I had a small autospy performed on her as it was so sudden. The vet suggested it was either a stroke or heart attack since finding were normal. What did I miss?

ETA: she was only 3.

Oh I'm so so sorry, this is just tragic :(:(

I'm sure you did not miss anything, just sometimes these things happen {it happened to us with a 5 year old Cavalier, Fillipa. We suspect that the chordae tendineae in her heart snapped, it's very rare but can happen to people too.}
So I can empathise with what you are going through. :(

I can only say that in time, this dreadful raw pain does ease, and eventually you will be able to look back and remember the happy times.

We are all here for you, this is a very supportive community.

I know it's not something you won't want to think about yet, but please do tell your breeder what has happened - she will need to know for future breeding decisions.

Oh dear, I'm so sorry. Nicki gave some good advice there...
Rest in Peace Sunshine. May your good memories of little Sunshine outshine the darkness of her death someday. We're here for you.

I am so sorry to hear about Sunshine. To lose her so suddenly and at such a young age is such a difficult thing to accept. You didn't do anything wrong or miss anything. Sometimes things just happen. Please don't try and blame yourself. Please know that I am feeling your pain and sorrow and sending your prayers and good wishes.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know only too well how hard it is to come to terms with the loss when its very sudden.
I dont know what to say to you. Take care xx

Im so sorry to read this. It must have been such a shock for you. Sending hugs.

Mel:l*v:

aw...i am so so sorry to hear this...u didnt miss anything...it just very sadly happened...sorry..:(

Oh, I am so very sorry. I know what you are going through. It is heartbreaking, and only time will make it better....

I know it's not something you won't want to think about yet, but please do tell your breeder what has happened - she will need to know for future breeding decisions.
I am planning on calling her...just waiting for the right words. So was this a breed thing or just a freak accident?

sending you all my hugs, what a sad and shocking thing to happen. I am glad she was with you for her time on earth I am sure you made her life perfection.

So sorry to hear the tragic news about your dear little Sunshine. When these things happen so suddenly it is such a shock. Memories of Sunshine will stay in your heart forever. :hug:

The Death of a Pet

So sorry to hear the tragic news about your dear little Sunshine. When these things happen so suddenly it is such a shock. Memories of Sunshine will stay in your heart forever. :hug:

I just don't know how to answer your Post, but I am thinking about you , only to hope that eventually you will recover from this grim time.

Bet

So Sorry to hear your sad news!

I am at a loss as to what to say to you, all I can say is that I am so sorry for your loss, I hope that in time you will start to come to terms with this untimely death of your beautiful Sunshine (what a beautiful name, for a beautiful girl). To be taken from you at such a young age in such a sudden way must be hard to comprehend. My thoughts are with you

I'm so, so sorry -- what a terrible shock and tragedy. :(

I do think what Nicki says may be the answer -- I lost a rescue dog at around the same age about 18 months ago who just passed away during surgery. Vets said it was a sudden heart failure consistent with the kind of collapse Nicki describes and a kind CKCS breeder echoed this opinion. Such dogs are sadly born with this congenital problem and generally pass away at around age 3-4. It generally cannot be detected when they are younger. If it is any consolation they generally pass away swiftly and with little pain or realisation as with a stroke -- it is just a tragedy that this happens when the dogs are so young. :cry*ing:

Sending kind thoughts from all of us here too.
Heartblowingpoog.gif

I had a friend who lost two successive Cavaliers to the same problem - they weren't related and it didn't seem to be inherited in either case. Just one of those terrible tragic events that you just can't foresee. Do hope the happy memories of little Sunshine will help ease the pain of her loss in time. We're all here if you need us.
Sparklingtulip.gif

My thoughts are with you. Only time can help to heal the pain of losing a beloved pet.
Love
Kathleen:hug:

We are so sorry for your loss, and just wanted you to know our thoughts are with you and yours:hug:

Back