• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Lovely website about an older Cavalier

Nicki

I found this some years ago and sometimes go back to catch up...

It's a lovely story about a Cavalier whom sadly had to go on heart medication at the age of 8...and then goes on to celebrate his birthdays {I won't spoil it by telling you how many but let's just say it is very positive}

http://www.goldmali.co.uk/rufus.html

Oh wow....I loved reading that Nicki!! Rufus is just an amazing little dog. What an incredible handsome little guy. Thanks for sharing.

:w*w:

What a great photo diary.......Rufus looks wonderful and a happy belated birthday to himcl*pcl*pcl*pcl*p

Great story and wonderful photos. Love that his pal for a time was a golden like ours!

Heather R

I'm sorry everyone - someone just contacted me to tell me that very sadly poor Rufus passed away just a few days ago :(:(:(

Our thoughts are with his family at this sad time.

It is very hard to lose a beloved companion whom has shared many adventures with you, and so much love - but I hope that his family treasure their many happy memories, and also realise that they have touched the lives of many of us by sharing Rufus' story.

Aaww what a lovely story, suck a shame that he passed away but he had a good long life living till 15!
I hope my Charlie lives that long :D

I hope Barney's around for that long too!!! I had tears in my eyes looking down the page...x

So sad that Rufus has passed away but what a lovely story to see a Cav living to such a ripe old age, something all of us Cavalier owners would love to experiencecl*p

A heart warming story in pictures of a much loved and truly treasured companion. Their love for him shines throughout. RIP Rufus sweetheart.

So sorry to read now that Rufus has just passed away, but what a wonderful dog he was and such treasured memories for his family of his long life, this gives hope to other cavalier owners with MVD that they can live a long and happy life.

I've followed Rufus's story for many years now and he certainly loved his life and his owner Marianne as he beat all the odds with his poor heart and stayed on and on for years after Marianne was told he might have months left in his life -- remaining gently active and obviously wanting to get another of those magnificent dogfood birthday cakes!:lol: What a very special boy and seeing all his pictures and his lovely birthdays really makes his story so personal for so many others too.

A really lovely web page.

I think Rufus is a good example of why no one should accept that an advanced murmur or a stroke means the end, despite what vets might say -- I'd like to think each cavalier will get a chance to see how they do over a bit of time and hope owners will cherish Rufus's story as an example of how rich life can remain with just a bit of patience and some little adjustments (such a a belly band for an elderly dog with incontinence :) ). It is amazing that he lived to nearly twice the age at which he seemed to be on his last few months. A whole additional lifetime for Rufus!

What an extraordinary dog he is and was. :)

Was really nice to see Rufus's life story in pictures. It's a shame he has now gone, but really he did pretty well I think.

Back