View Full Version : Pet pens

pupster mom
4th May 2010, 06:46 PM
Just wondering if anyone here has used the doggie port a cribs(like a childs Pack N Play) for travel or in the home rather than crating when needed.

4th May 2010, 08:16 PM
I haven't actually used those - have used a fabric crate though. They are only really suitable if you have a dog who is already well trained and happy in a crate or pen.

Many dogs will very quickly destroy these, either by chewing or scratching their way through them...

I use this in the medium size - it just concertinas together and fits on top of the cage in the car, I secure it with bungee cords. No chance of them chewing their way out - although I have had the odd one learn how to open the door, unless you put the bolt across - and even one who could jump out, but it's unusual!!

It seems they are swopping over to the drop in pin type which take longer to put together - I also do not like the loops around the top, to easy to catch a paw :mad:

Cathy T
4th May 2010, 10:03 PM
I bought one like this for my puppy

and my little stinker figured out how to paw up the bottom and slip underneath. So....I made some stiches and stiched the floor to the pen. That worked for a while. I know some people have used this type

and seem to do better with it. Not as roomy but a good containment place as long as they don't chew through the fabric.

5th May 2010, 10:53 AM
I obviously just have destructor force Cavaliers :yikes

Cathy you have a clever wee soul there ;)

pupster mom
5th May 2010, 08:00 PM
I obviously just have destructor force Cavaliers :yikes

Cathy you have a clever wee soul there ;)

thanks everyone for the info on the pet pens.
NOT sure IF this is where I am supposed to post for THIS?:confused:
This is my first experience on an ACTUAL message board. HELP!!!!

I DID introduce myself. can NOT find it NOW! I have an older tri-girl and her lil sis, a cavachon.

5th May 2010, 08:57 PM
I think because you posted your first post to the general news section and not to the introductions section? :)