• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dog world headlines

Bet

In this week's Dog World the Head-lines are that a Cavalier Breed who has spent nearly Two years pursuing his Complaint against Pedigree Dogs Exposed has heard that once again his grievances have not been upheld .

The Cavalier Breeder has protested to every Layer of the BBC's Complaint and Appeals process until it reached the Corporation's Govering Body only to see it Overturned once again.

One of the Cavalier Breeder's Complaints was that when the PDE Program had made it appear that Cavalier Breeders had deliberately Bred Dogs with" Size Ten Brains in Size Six Skulls ,a reference to SM.

He said that the Comment that Breeders Created Dogs with Over-sized Brains was Sensationalism, that there was little or no Scientific Proof to back the Program's claim that 30% of Cavaliers could be affected by SM,that it caused Scratching ,or that SM was a GENETIC Disease , and that no Scientist had claimed it was caused by In-Breeding.

Again his Complaints were not Upheld.

There were other Complaints mentioned by the Cavalier Breeder , it was also said by the Editorial Standards Committee,that the Credentials of the Vet In question ,as an Expert in the Field were sound and that Reporting her Views ,the Program had not Breached the Guidelines on Impartiality or Accuracy

Finally, in Dog World , Jemima Harrison , Pedigree Dogs Exposed's Writer and Producer said.
" I am really pleased with the finding ,which is a very robust defence of the Film's Accuracy and Impartiality"

The Cavalier Breeder's name was given in Dog World.

If I could make a Personal Comment , I firmly believe that if it had not been for Jemima Harrison , and her PDE TV Program, Margaret and Carol who also appeared in the Program, would any notice have been taken about the SM Problem in our Cavalier Breed.

Surely now the Cavalier Owners of Cavaliers suffering from SM have been Vindicated in what, for a number of years they have been saying ,that there is a SM Problem in Cavaliers.

Many of those Cavalier Owners will be saying from the Bottom of Their Hearts ,Thank-You Jemima, Margaret and Carol ,for listening to us.

Bet

In this week's Dog World the Head-lines are that a Cavalier Breed who has spent nearly Two years pursuing his Complaint against Pedigree Dogs Exposed has heard that once again his grievances have not been upheld .

The Cavalier Breeder has protested to every Layer of the BBC's Complaint and Appeals process until it reached the Corporation's Govering Body only to see it Overturned once again.
Bet

Finally, in Dog World , Jemima Harrison , Pedigree Dogs Exposed's Writer and Producer said.
" I am really pleased with the finding ,which is a very robust defence of the Film's Accuracy and Impartiality"

The Cavalier Breeder's name was given in Dog World.

Bet

For those that want to read for themselves........

http://www.dogworld.co.uk/News/18-front-cover

From my own point of view, after two years of innuendoes suggesting I had not told the truth, I was very pleased to read ............

"There was evidence to support the allegation that a breeder’s dog had the syndrome but had been used at stud regardless, and that other breeders had been aware of this situation;
The facts had been cross-checked by the programme team and that there had been no breach of the accuracy guidelines"

That jumped out at me from the page, Margaret. I'm sure I'm not the only one that took notice.:D

Oreo

Mr Moger is health representative of the South and West Wales Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club, and his partner Sandra Ireland is chairman and health representative of the West of England Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club.:sl*p::sl*p::sl*p::sl*p:

Nanette

'Nuff said.

That is why we need outside legislation to require care of duty towards real health issues rather than these ridiculous and empty complaints.

Just imagine how much could have been accomplished had the same effort gone into a positive pro-breed health campaign for TWO YEARS...

Just curious if anyone can provide information on any concrete action to advance breed health taken in the past two years by these two people within their roles? icon_nwunsure

It still seems to me that almost every effort is made by ordinary breed club members or non members...?

That is why we need outside legislation to require care of duty towards real health issues rather than these ridiculous and empty complaints.

Just imagine how much could have been accomplished had the same effort gone into a positive pro-breed health campaign for TWO YEARS...

Exactly!

Nearly two years since PDE was shown, the programme has been shown to be accurate and factual, the Kennel Club is prioritising health, and still some of the Cavalier Club committee and dinosaur breeders are so determined to punish me for breaking the Code of Silence that they have manipulated the committee electoral process.

I have just finished my first blog...................."Why did I give an interview to Pedigree Dogs Exposed?" ............and I will be continuing the story, including the deliberate circulation of a defamatory statement in official election documents, over the next few days.

There are so many of us who are thankful for your breaking the code of silence, Margaret.

The dysfunctional behavior of those club members is a reflection of who they are, and has nothing to do with who you are. They would be treating anyone who stepped up the same way.

There are so many breeders who can finally talk about SM now, where before there was distrust. I remember just a few years ago everyone was keeping very quiet about scan results, etc.

Mr Moger is health representative of the South and West Wales Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club, and his partner Sandra Ireland is chairman and health representative of the West of England Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club

If this is true, then the foxes are running the hen house. Why in the world would someone who is not totally commited to health want to be a health representative? Could it be keeping health under thumb?

Dog world head-lines

If this is true, then the foxes are running the hen house. Why in the world would someone who is not totally commited to health want to be a health representative? Could it be keeping health under thumb?

DOG WORLD HEAD-LINES.

What I find Curious,is that, there has been no Comment on the CC List ,about the Findings of the Editorial Standards Committee, just Silence.!!!!

Surely now ,never again can the PDE TV Program be referred to ,as That Program,in Derogatary Terms, since the Editorial Standards Committee,have said that there has been no Breach in the Guidelines of Accuracy and Impartiality made by the PDE TV FILM.

Should Margaret now be being given an Apology by those who orginized the SGM, as a result of which, Margaret was removed from the UK CKCS CLUB COMMITTEE.

Is it possible, that by some in the Cavalier World, Lip Service is only being paid by them to the Health Problems in our Cavalier Breed.

What is so sad for the Owners of Cavaliers suffering from SM, is to discover that the Researchers into this Insidious Disease ,are not being believed by some Cavalier Folk.

Bet

Hello Margaret

Have been waiting and looking forward to this .Many thanks

Best Wishes

brian:)

On my post, top right hand corner, Blog Entries......click on the number.

I found that my blog could not be seen by everyone. I have gone into settings and ticked a few boxes & now hope that it is visible to all, even visitors to this forum.

Let me know if I am wrong.

Thank you for that Margaret. Am about to go have a read.

Oreo

Last edited:
Dog world head-lines

Thank you for that Margaret. Am about to go have a read.

Oreo

Thank You Margaret for your Blog,what you have described is so Reminiscent of what it was like 20 years ago with the Cavalier MVD Problem.

The only thing that is different to-day from 20 years ago ,is that the Remarks being made by some Cavalier Breeders are far more Vicious and Vitriolic.

Still have not forgiven the Cavalier Breeder who said I had Mental Problem on a Public Internet Cavalier Forum.

Bet.

Thank you so much for doing this Margaret - it is an extremely well written account and very useful to be able to refer to.

I do hope that following this decision breeders will finally appreciate that actually we all need to work together to try to help our precious breed.

Thank you Margaret,

I did not know the struggles you faced and I admire your bravery and commitment.
You have done so much for cavaliers and also for the other breeds battling this awful condition. Thank you

If this is true, then the foxes are running the hen house.

Thank you Rod for this wonderful quote. It describes the situation perfectly.

Why in the world would someone who is not totally commited to health want to be a health representative? Could it be keeping health under thumb?

Again, a perfect summing up of the situation in many of the regional cavalier clubs, and it would explain why health representatives and their committee member friends set up a PR appeal for £8,000 to promote cavaliers as a happy healthy breed rather than raise money for research.

There are a good few foxy people in the cavalier world.

Back