PDA

View Full Version : HOMED: 12 year old Blen boy

Nicki
8th May 2010, 08:10 PM
Gorgeous 12 year old Blen boy on the Oldies club site, he's actually with the BLue Cross

http://www.bluecross.org.uk/web/site/Adoptions/1111681ChicoScotland.asp?species=Dog&sex=&breed=Cavalier%20King%20Charles%20Spaniel&colour=&location=Scotland&pg=1

He deserves a loving home for his last years...

He's in Kilmarnock, Scotland - but I'm not sure how they are about going out of area.

Teresa
8th May 2010, 08:17 PM
Oh my goodness!! What a sweety!! I hope he finds a home soon........

merello
9th May 2010, 11:13 AM
Wee cracker!

merello
12th May 2010, 02:36 PM
Just been on the Blue Cross website about this beautiful boy and it says someone is coming to meet him on Sunday. Fingers crossed this works out for him as he is so adorable and at his age deserves a great forever home!:-)

Nicki
12th May 2010, 02:45 PM
Thanks Carol - yes I understand he has two possible homes now!! First one is being home checked this weekend...

I'm so thrilled that a lovely old fellow can soon enjoy the rest of his life as part of a loving family.

merello
12th May 2010, 04:01 PM
Oh Nicki, I'm so pleased for him! I've been on the Blue Cross website every day looking. We stay near the foster home and I have to admit I was a wee bit tempted to phone myself. I felt so sad that he was without a home at such a grand old age for a Cav, I guess there must have been exceptional circumstances for him to be there given his age. He so deserves to live out the rest of his life being pampered in a loving home.

James
12th May 2010, 06:00 PM
I too have been watching him on the blue cross site and was tempted allow my heart to rule me and phone. I do hope he gets a good home.

Nicki
12th May 2010, 06:20 PM
I think he captured the hearts of a lot of us ;)

Will keep you posted if I hear any more news :)

Wagtails
13th May 2010, 09:29 PM
Don't you just LURVE those wise old grey-whiskered faces!

Good luck, Chico - you deserve nothing less than the best http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv97/Cavviewagtails/Animations/Heartblowingpoog.gif

Nicki
24th May 2010, 08:38 PM
Well it's looking very hopeful - sadly the first family did not turn up :( but a lovely family went to meet Chico on Sunday :D He got on really well with all of them and their dogs - and subject to the Blue Cross doing a home check tomorrow, he will be going to live with them Weds...

Watch the board for news {yes it is a forum member, and NO, sadly it's not me - but it's someone who has been looking for a new family member, and is offering the most wonderful home to this special old fellow cl*pcl*p}

merello
24th May 2010, 09:03 PM
That's great news Nicki , I was on Blue Cross site earlier and saw he had been taken off. I'm so delighted for him, he is such a beautiful boy. Hopefully if all goes well with his new family they will post some pictures of him settling in.
This wee boy so deserves a wonderful new home:-)

Wagtails
24th May 2010, 09:29 PM
Ooooh - exciting!cl*p:mexwav::rah::thmbsup:

Rj Mac
25th May 2010, 11:38 AM
Morning folks,

We just wanted to let you all know, that we had our final home check this morning, and Chico is coming to live out his days with us:D

We are heading down to Kilmarnock tomorrow morning to collect him, so i will be posting pics and the like as he settles in,

I haven't mentioned on the board before now that we had applied for Chico, as i didn't want to jinx anything, but we phoned about him a few weeks ago,but a couple had him on reserve, however they never turned up for their meet, so we got to meet Chico on Sunday, and it went perfectly well, he took to our son Kieran straight away, and bonded with our 3 dogs, no problems at all, he is an absolute sweetheart, a fantastic little guy!!!!

We had been considering another dog for a while, and Chico just came along at the perfect time, i suppose it's like my Nan says...."What's for you, will not go by you"

So i appologise for keeping you all in the darkicon_whistlingwe just wanted everything to be sorted before going public:thmbsup:

I'd also just like to take the chance to offer a massive thankyou to Nicki, who has been a fantastic help and support over the last few weeks, as we'v been going through the process:thnku::thmbsup:

Il start a new thread for Chico at some point once we get him home and settled:D

R.

Charlifarley
25th May 2010, 11:56 AM
Congratulations! lucky Chico, bet he doesn't realise yet how his life is going to change for the better. Hope all goes well tomorrow, I'm sure you can't wait to get him. You are going to have your hands very full now with 4 dogs, wow!!:jump:
Looking forward to the photos.

Nicki
25th May 2010, 12:54 PM
So pleased you've gone public now Ryan!!

Thank you for your kind words - it's lovely to have been able to help, and just so wonderful that this special old fellow is going to such a fantastic home :D:D

Tomorrow will seem a long way away - but it will come quickly and you realise we expect photos as soon as he is with you LOL

Teresa
25th May 2010, 01:43 PM
Yay all good news then :p

Desrae
25th May 2010, 02:05 PM
Ah, that is such good news! It brings tears to my eyes. He'll be so happy living out his days with you I'm sure. :l*v:

merello
25th May 2010, 02:25 PM
We're so delighted for both you and Chico. It's great to know he will live out the rest of his days in a loving home, he looks such a beautiful boy!! Looking forward to seeing the photo's.

*Pauline*
25th May 2010, 05:51 PM
Wonderful news Ryan. Can't wait to see pictures. Bless you for talking on this little fellow.

team bella
25th May 2010, 06:41 PM
How exciting b*n*n*b*n*n* well done for giving this old boy a lovely forever home. Pictures soon please:)

James
25th May 2010, 07:40 PM
Excellent news, but I cannot believe the first people did not turn up, good for you, I'm sure Chico will have a long and happy life with you.

Wagtails
25th May 2010, 10:17 PM
Always so wonderful to hear that an oldie has found such a good home, and even better when it's a "friend" from CT. Well done for waiting for him Ryan - it's obviously "meant"!!

So looking forward to seeing your photos and hearing more news of how Chico is getting on.

:rah:

Rj Mac
26th May 2010, 07:19 AM
Thanyou all very much for your kind words and good wishes,

We're setting off to collect Chico at 9am, once we've dropped Kieran at school....who by the way seemed to think he deserved a day off for the occasion:rolleyes::lol:

It's around a 2hr drive to his foster place for us, so we'l get him around 11, then hopefully be back up the road by half past 1......2pm at the latest, traffic permittng of course, as we have to pass through the M8 in Glasgow which can be a bit of a car park at times;)

R.

Tania
27th May 2010, 04:42 PM
Fantastic news and congratulations, I am so pleased he has found a
lovely home b*n*n*