PDA

View Full Version : Cavs at Dogs Friends

Kizzys Mum
9th May 2010, 12:06 PM
Fudge is a 2 year old Blenheim Cav boy. I was told by another rescue that they had an aggressive Cav waiting to come in. I was so intrigued (as they always seem so amazingly good natured dogs) that I offered to take him.

So Fudge arrived here last Easter.

If there was a check list of all things NOT to do for a puppy, EVERY thing on Fudge's list would have been ticked as having been done to the poor pup. Bred on a puppy farm. Tick. Sold in a pet shop. Tick. Brought as a present for a little girl. Tick. Be fed on two little slices a processed ham a day for the first year of his life and never on proper dog food. Tick. Be tormented by lots of little kids. Tick. The list goes on and on.

So Fudge learnt to growl and snap and bite to try and defend himself.

Last August the family had had enough of him and he was being take to the vet to be put to sleep. Their neighbour stepped in at the last minute and took him in. She quickly became very scared on him too as he can be very fearsome!

Since being here the last few weeks, Fudge has thrived. My dogs have taught him a huge amount. He adores walks and exploring the fields and hedge rows. He is house trained and very much more relaxed. He can be very affectionate and sweet. Fudge eats well and is putting on muscle and toning up well. He's very active when out and very good in the house.

Fudge is not a typical cav and really needs a very special, understanding adult home. preferably with atleast one other cav as he plays well with the cavs here and has learnt a lot from them.

They also have 5 puppy farm girls but no details on them yet...
http://www.dogsfriends.co.uk/ (click on "Dogs for Adoption" on the left hand side)

Fifer
9th May 2010, 03:29 PM
The ex p/f girls sound in a bad way :mad:

"We are also having 5 ex puppy farmed little Cav girls coming in. They will not be ready for foster homes quite yet as they will need assessing and further vet care as they were found dumped and in very bad condition (with mange, nails growing in to their pads, mouths full of rotting teeth, terrified, etc.)"

MurphysMummy
9th May 2010, 04:31 PM
Where is the dogfriends rescue??

Kizzys Mum
9th May 2010, 04:33 PM
"Please note most of our dogs are in foster homes dotted around North Somerset, Clevedon, Cheddar, Yate, Dorset and Bristol."

MurphysMummy
9th May 2010, 04:35 PM
Just read through. I really like Fudge - and such a shame about his first two years.

Kizzys Mum
14th May 2010, 06:28 PM
Details now up about the 5 puppy farm girls-
Kelly (blen)

Kelly is the boldest little girl. She is tiny and so lovely. Our vet has aged her about 3 years.

Kenia (blen)

Kenia is the biggest of the five. She is more of a normal Cav size. She is very pretty and is probably the youngest one. She is very quiet and gentle.

Kizzy (tri)

Kizzy is the most scared and worried of the five girls at present. She is only about 2 years old and, when her coat grows back, will be very pretty.

Kitty (blen)

Kitty is the smallest adult Cav we have ever seen. She is aged between 6 to 8 years. Like the other four, Kitty is a total sweet heart.

Kiwi (tri)

Kiwi is very timid but so gentle. She is one of the oldest. Probably about 6. Both her eyes have old ulcer scar tissue on them but no ulcers at present. She again is tiny.

MurphysMummy
14th May 2010, 08:59 PM
Oh my goodness me!! I have just seen the 5 ex-breeding girls - they look tiny!! yet so gorgeous, bless there little hearts :l*v: