• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Absolutely FUMING!!!

MurphysMummy

So took Murphy out for his walk..and knowing that my next door has a boxer bitch aged 1..He was on a short tight lead..I had seen the dog escape from the house twice before I left, and thought oh no..So i took Murphy out and was stood whilst the children on the street petted him, and the next door neighbour was coming back from the shop with the dog and her 6 year old son, the dog was on a retractable lead,not been kept short even though she seen me with Murphy, and it sniffed Murphy and got the leads tangled, and she just stood there and i had to untangle the leads and pick Murphy up to walk off with him as he was sat on the floor scared..So after this I walked Murphy the normal way and I came back onto the street to be approached by this boxer yet AGAIN escaped from the house and roaming around the street whilst there at children playing!!..Next door's 6 year old was trying to pull the dog away from Murphy..It had a sniff then Murphy walked off and this is where things turned bad,it jumped over Murphy and dug its claws into it and went to bite Murphy, So i said DOWN!!!! to the dog and gave it a little push away and then it jumped up at me, and went to bite me!!!!!!! I picked Murphy up(who was shaking!) and walked off being chased by this uncontrollable dog..The neighbour was stood at her door with her arms folded,and I was shaking I was so mad, I gave her a bit of verbal and said keep your dog under control its just scared my dog to death....!!! I then walked inside and this boxer tried to get into my house so I slammed the door and told Mum everything and we have the dog warden's number ready at hand incase this happens again, I am soo annoyed that this 6 year old's Mother expects her own son to control a lively,boystrious boxer puppy....They are nice dogs if they are trained and controlled...I am also sad because if this dog gets put down for being vicious, its not the dogs fault its her owner's fault, The dog is in a bad state aswell, very skinny(can see whole rib cage) and also has very very very saggy nipples??....Had to post as I am soo angry!!!!

How terrible for you. Once again Leo was snapped and growled at when we were out yesterday. The owner of the other dog gave me a quick apology and then took his dog away (I think the look on my face said get away before I lose it!)
It leaves you both afraid and annoyed and I understand your frustration at your neighbours complete lack of control.

How terrible for you. Once again Leo was snapped and growled at when we were out yesterday. The owner of the other dog gave me a quick apology and then took his dog away (I think the look on my face said get away before I lose it!)
It leaves you both afraid and annoyed and I understand your frustration at your neighbours complete lack of control.

I didn't even get an apology, just a dodgy look when I was clearly angry and upset, it has just escaped again and nearly got run over by a car. and a neighbour had to drag the dog by its collar to the owner's house as there to lazy to go out and get it. If it happens once more I will have to report it. Don't know how I go about reporting though.

There's only one sensible thing to do about this, however much you want to avoid trouble and that is REPORT IT - as in first thing tomorrow morning. The dog tried to bite you and attacked your door when you shut it for safety. Just think what that out of control dog could do to a child if it wanted. Do you want to feel responsible for that?

Under the present dangerous dogs' legislation you have the right to expect the police to take action to compel the owner of the dog to keep it under control, because it has attacked you - a human. You have also been put in fear of attack under the Act, so that is yet another count to push hard with the police, because they are likely to try to slide out of it.

So far as your puppy is concerned, the RSPCA are supposed to take action after a dog has been attacked by another, but I am sorry to say that my own bitter experience, and also what others have told me, they try to slide out of it if you let them, so you must be firm and insist that they deal with the owner before something worse happens.

By making a formal complaint you are not condemning the dog to be put down, but you are taking sensible action to have the owner warned that she must keep it under control, so there is no need to feel guilty about it. I am not surprised you were angry and shaking, it shows how much you care about your own pup and that you are a responsible owner.

If I can help with this in any way please let me know either here or by a PM.

I didn't even get an apology, just a dodgy look when I was clearly angry and upset, it has just escaped again and nearly got run over by a car. and a neighbour had to drag the dog by its collar to the owner's house as there to lazy to go out and get it. If it happens once more I will have to report it. Don't know how I go about reporting though.

Sorry, you posted and reposted while I was typing up my reply to you. You report the attack to the Police by calling at the Police Station. Tell them what happened, that you want to make a formal complaint against this dangerous dog, which happened when the dog attacked you on the public pavement or road and, most important, that you will not leave until you have made a statement and are given a log number for the incident. This means that they must investigate further, including an interview with the owner and any witnesses.

To report the attack on your dog to the RSPCA you will need to look up their number in the 'phone book and then ring them. In my personal experience leaving a message on their answerphone is a complete waste of time - 18 months after Hattie was attacked and later died of her injuries they have still not responded to the messages left by both a neighbour and myself. If the office is closed just hang up and ring again in the morning and keep ringing until you are put through to a person. Take no excuses or believe any promises - you want action and you have to be assertive to get it.

Sorry, you posted and reposted while I was typing up my reply to you. You report the attack to the Police by calling at the Police Station. Tell them what happened, that you want to make a formal complaint against this dangerous dog, which happened when the dog attacked you on the public pavement or road and, most important, that you will not leave until you have made a statement and are given a log number for the incident. This means that they must investigate further, including an interview with the owner and any witnesses.

To report the attack on your dog to the RSPCA you will need to look up their number in the 'phone book and then ring them. In my personal experience leaving a message on their answerphone is a complete waste of time - 18 months after Hattie was attacked and later died of her injuries they have still not responded to the messages left by both a neighbour and myself. If the office is closed just hang up and ring again in the morning and keep ringing until you are put through to a person. Take no excuses or believe any promises - you want action and you have to be assertive to get it.

I will speak to my Mum about this. As we have already had previous trouble with the neighbours I'm not sure if this will help, but something needs to be done about the dog. Thanks for your advice.

I'd report it, someone's going to get hurt. I'd be fuming too. Sorry this has happened to you.:hug:

I would report it before a child as well as you gets hurt. In Florida we walked our golden on a leash and there was one house where they let their good sized dog run loose. When it started toward us, I used as loud and deep a voice as I could and told it to go home. Fortunately it did with the owner standing in the doorwayicon_whistling

Heather R

I completely feel for you! Things like that are so very frustrating. That poor dog, I pity her. The suggestions by ByFloSin are very good. Also, I would really be concerned with the "saggy nipples" you described... did they breed her already and she being so young? SHEESH.

Hi

What an awful thing to have happened, do so hope you and Murphy are better after that shocking episode .First and foremost you look after yourself and Murphy and do what is best for you two and if needed report the dog and the owner and maybe you can do it without giving your name ,otherwise it could escalate and the dog could bite so stop it now .We here all care about you Murphy and your family you are the important ones so pls remember that and take no risks just take care of you all.

Best Wishes

Brian :)

Heather r's advice is very good as well. Whilst on our walks we pass by a farm where all their dogs run loose out of the gates (about 3-4 of them). There's the pack leader and he's a scruffy aulde mutt... when he barks and lunges at us, (Bob and Belle are not scared, but curious) I tell Bob and Belle no and pull their leads tight to me. Then I let out a deep growl and shout "No! Stay away!" to the mutts. It seems to work because they just stop and stare at me like I'm a crazy woman and run back to the farm.

I'm not sure if you want to do something like this because it's probably not the right thing to do with all dogs, but I can be a ferocious Mama and it works for me in that situation. We also walk through our town and sometimes I see a pit bull and his owner walking along (apologies to pit bull lovers) and I quickly cross the street to the other side to avoid any chance of confrontation, just to be safe. Ah, but I have rambled here.
Good Luck! Let us know how it goes.

That's terrible and its very awkward with the problem being with your neighbour. I can just imagine what type of person your neighbour is and the dogs probably the 6 year olds baby sitter. Its in situations like this that dogs attach either another dog or a child and ends up being PTS. The thing is that once a dog has learned agressive behaviour and has actually bitten someone its only a matter of time before it escalates. You have a good think about what to do as its not just the boxer but a horrible neighbour by the sound of it. It might be helpful to carry a walking stick or something to defend yourself and Murphy if this situation gets worse. Take care

Ya, just yesterday I was working in my garage, Penny was with me tied inside.
And a pit bullish puppylike dog came running up near us! It just wouldn't go away,
I had to chase it, and put up a little fence along my garage door to keep it out!

Back