PDA

View Full Version : Yogurt in Mel's diet

laswans
20th May 2010, 01:41 AM
Hello Everyone!
I'm new to the forum and owning a cavalier, so Iwas hoping that all of your experience could help me. A trainer at our agility school said that Mel (my 4 month old cavalier) could benefit from a tablespoon of plain, non-fat yogurt per day. She said it would help his skin and coat. Well, I bought some for him (organic) and he loves it. But I want to make sure it's what is best for him.
let me know what you think!
thanks!

Brian M
20th May 2010, 04:43 PM
Hello

I agree, except I give the girls a teaspoon added to their breakfast and a teaspoon added to their evening meal of probiotic plain non-fat yogurt just added to their mix of raw ,veggies and other bits and bobs.:)

waldor
20th May 2010, 06:25 PM
Plain yogurt is very good for dogs, especially their digestive system.

cy1266
20th May 2010, 08:14 PM
I give my boys about 1 tablespoon each of plain goat's milk yogurt. I believe goat's milk is easier on their tummy than cow's milk...they LOVE their yogurt!

laswans
21st May 2010, 02:52 AM
That's good to hear, I'll lower the amount and spread it out over his three meals. Thank you!

Sandrac
21st May 2010, 10:26 AM
My two have natural low fat bio-yoghurt on their dinner everynight! They love it and it is good for their digestive system.

Tania
21st May 2010, 10:56 AM
We are the same...mine love it b*n*n*

Nicki
21st May 2010, 11:37 AM
Most Cavaliers love yogurt, but some cannot digest dairy products and it gives them the runs, I would strongly suggest Goats yogurt as it is much easier to digest.

It is good for digestion - I don't see the connection with skin and coat though? Omega 3 and 6 are good for skin, found in oily fish, so salmon oil and other supplements {also in flax seed oil}

Wagtails
22nd May 2010, 06:23 PM
Mine are all absolutely addicted to yoghourt. They lick every last speck off the lids and love to play with the pots afterwards too!

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv97/Cavviewagtails/CT%20polls%20etc/Lotsofluvverlylicks.jpg

Teresa
22nd May 2010, 07:05 PM
Brilliant pic!!! My two love to polish off what's left in the pot too!!

laswans
2nd June 2010, 02:33 PM
Haha I just love that pic too!

Nicki
2nd June 2010, 04:44 PM
That's a great photo Marie-Anne :D

Might be something to smear inside Kongs too :rotfl:

laswans
6th June 2010, 09:17 PM
Oh Kongs.... I think I love them as much as my pup does. Mel get's a pleasent distraction while I finish dishes. :rolleyes: