• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Success With Supplement for Arthritis in Hips

DSB Cavs

I just wanted to share a recent success that I have experienced with my male Cavalier, Basil. He has "terrible hips" according to our vet. And his x-rays support this. I was using Rimadyl; however, I know that over time it destroys cartilage and causes GI problems. So I read a book by Shawn Messonnier, DVM called the Arthritis Solution for Dogs. It mentioned that the anti-inflammatory response of Sea Cucumber was superior to Rimadyl and phenylbutazone. I purchased a supplement called Ark Naturals Sea Mobility Vension Jerky and Basil has so much energy and runs around like a puppy! He even sits differently now. He used to sit with one leg slightly extended, probably to take the pressure off. There are other products with this ingredient too. I just happened to select this one.

I just wanted to share this. I'm so excited that he is doing better!

That's great news - so pleased that Basil is more comfortable and happier :D

I used a product called Sasha's Blend {from Australia} for arthritis and also Syringomyelia, which was really helpful. http://www.sashasblend.com/ {Stabilised Green Lipped Mussel, Abalone and Marine Cartilage.}

Both of these products look brilliant. I know humans who swear by green lipped mussel products. At the moment Molly is on Cosequin DS for her hips, do you think I would be better switching her to one of these?

Hi

I had a search last night for this supplement and couldn't find a U.K. source .As Rosie had an incident last year I have been giving her Easefex daily from Vet UK and she has been fine since, but it could be that it was a one off incident or the Easeflex has helped her I don't know?, and as the other three line up with Rosie with open mouths they have been getting a daily chew as well .Is it advisable to give Pops ,Daisy and Lily Easeflex as a preventive or would I be doing more harm than good and poss be increasing their resistance to it in a poss time of future need ,and is it a good product to give.:confused:

Hi

I had a search last night for this supplement and couldn't find a U.K. source .As Rosie had an incident last year I have been giving her Easefex daily from Vet UK and she has been fine since, but it could be that it was a one off incident or the Easeflex has helped her I don't know?, and as the other three line up with Rosie with open mouths they have been getting a daily chew as well .Is it advisable to give Pops ,Daisy and Lily Easeflex as a preventive or would I be doing more harm than good and poss be increasing their resistance to it in a poss time of future need ,and is it a good product to give.:confused:

Hi Brian, there is a supplier in Ireland, I have emailed them asking if they would send the products here. Will let you know.

It used to be cheaper to obtain the Sashas Blend direct from Australia! I ordered through these people

http://vetnpetdirect.com/

you can convert currency here

http://www.xe.com/

My insurance actually paid out on this supplement {with the agreement of my vet} for arthritis and for Syringomyelia, so if you're using it for a particular condition it might be worth trying to claim...

I couldn't find this combination in any UK products.

Yes you can give it as a preventative, that's how I found out it helped Teddy's Syringomyelia!! Rupert was on it for Arthritis, and I started Teddy as a preventative, and within a couple of weeks he was doing much better. It really helped him for about 18 months.

**Some dogs are allergic to shellfish though so just a note to start them on it gradually.**

Back