PDA

View Full Version : Sturdibag carrier

Soushiruiuma
4th June 2010, 04:30 AM
Guinness and I are flying to NJ next weekend, so I've purchased a Sturdibag for the journey. It arrived today, and WOW. It's exactly what I want in a carrier. It's lightweight, roomy, sturdy, flexible, well ventilated, and has great safety features - it buckles into a car, has a d ring and short strap to clip to a harness so your dog can pop his head out the roof but can't escape, no sharp edges inside, and high quality fleece pad for comfort.

Karlin
4th June 2010, 11:33 PM
Sounds really nice. Do you have some pics, or a link to the bag?

Nicki
7th June 2010, 08:31 AM
I found them on Zooplus http://www.zooplus.co.uk/ask?query=sturdibag&num=20&form=search
Looks like a really good carrier for flying {under seat}

arasara
13th June 2010, 01:50 AM
Hey, how'd you like your carrier in the plane? I'm looking for a new one for Kosmo & Faithey, and am not quite sure what one I'm going to buy yet. Thanks! :flwr:

Soushiruiuma
13th June 2010, 06:03 AM
The carrier was excellent on the plane! It was roomy enough that Guinness had plenty of room. When we got on the plane I had an aisle seat which didn't have enough room, so I switched with the man in the middle spot, and the carrier fit perfectly, it slid right under the seat and completely filled the space.

Guinness didn't like it, but we didn't have enough time to acclimate him to it. It's so nice, I'll probably start using it as his car carrier instead of the hard kennel he has now.

Love my Cavaliers
13th June 2010, 02:54 PM
i've used the large Sherpa bag on a plane, but it doesn't really fit under the seat so I'm interested in this one. How big is Guinness?

Soushiruiuma
13th June 2010, 04:58 PM
Guinness probably weighs about 14-15 pounds now, he isn't quite full grown but I expect the large size would fit dogs up to 20 pounds quite easily. The company uses a blenheim to advertise the large size, Guinness seems to
be slightly smaller than that dog. I tried to snap some pictures but it just looks like a black bag, which isn't very helpful.

I had a Sherpa carrier a few years back for a cat, so I know exactly how badly those fit under seats. This one actually fits completely under the seat.