• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Anabelle, my precious poodle

CavyMom

32088_126967447333861_100000618205101_188721_138668_n.jpg

My dear sweet little baby girl has returned to heaven, it all happened so fast, last night when we went to bed Anabelle was fine, when I went to get her up this morning I found my precious baby was gone! My heart is just broken, I can't believe she's gone! I'm glad that at least I was able to give her a few weeks of the good life.

I rescued Anabelle from the Humane Society 2 days before Mothers Day, at 15 years old she had a bad respitory infection, one eye, mammory tumors, and was a tangled mess of dirty hair and bones that nobody had ever bothered to give a name. I couldn't leave her to die like that, so I took her home, cleaned her up, got her healthy, and gave her my heart. She took a big piece of my heart with her, but I am so glad I was able to make her last days comfortable and happy. She died snuggled up in my bed, living the life she deserved. Her poor old heart probably just gave up on her, I knew my time with her would be short, but I was hoping it wasn't going to be THIS short!

Run free, my precious little angel, I will never forget you and your sweet little spirit! Your spirit will live on forever!!!

So very sorry to read about the sudden loss of your precious girl - she looks beautiful.

You made her last weeks very happy and she knew what it was to be loved and treasured. That is a wonderful gift to give, and you know that she will have passed on happy.

Think of her fully fit now, running and playing with all our other Angels - and thank you for helping this precious darling :flwr::flwr:

Thank you Nicki, she was very special! She was very beautiful, I saw her beauty from day one! Here's some shots shortly after I rescued her, before I was able to get her really groomed, just bathed and brushed out somewhat. She was my shadow, always following me from room to room, always wanting to be held, carried, and loved, never asked for much, just a sweet quiet little soul, I miss her greatly, my dear sweet little Anabelle!

29088_122231837807422_100000618205101_166545_2074451_n.jpg

29088_122232601140679_100000618205101_166554_5222535_n.jpg

29088_122232464474026_100000618205101_166552_7915184_n.jpg

I'm so sorry; that is a very traumatic and sudden loss. :( But how wonderful that she had some time when she was cared for and loved -- she looks very sweet. So sad you couldn't have had much more time to enjoy each other. :flwr:

So sorry for your loss and the fact that you had such little time together. At least her last days were spent receiving the love and care she deserved.

Carolx

Bless your heart for taking in this senior girl and showing her the good life for at least a while. I'm sorry you didn't have more time together.

I am so sorry
A piece of my heart

A piece of my heart is made of you
A small but vital place
Full of memories of happy times
That nothing could displace

It''s nestled in and settled down
Like a sleepy, winter mole
It's part of me now, flesh and blood
And it's connected to my soul

In time it will be pushed aside
And other parts will swell
With pets and people and places too
That I will love as well

But you will always be with me
So secure and tucked away
I'll know that you are safe in there
And we'll meet again some day

And when my heart begins to fail
Grows old and frail and weak
You'll still be in that special place
Until it gives it's final beat
by Fionna Duncan
---Aileen

So sorry to hear that Anabelle has gone to the bridge. At least she went knowing what love really was.

So very sorry for your sudden loss of Anabelle. She was a real sweetie! Thank God there are people like you to show these poor creatures what it's like to feel loved and comfortable. YOU are an angel to have saved her.:flwr:

Thank you everyone for your kind words, it's been a very difficult few days, it's so hard when they leave so suddenly! She was sure a special little dog, and I'm blessed for having shared my life with her for however short a time! I love the seniors, I'm sure they'll be another senior that comes my way, and when that special senior comes aong again, it'll be welcomed into my heart and home just as Anabelle was!

I am so sorry
A piece of my heart

A piece of my heart is made of you
A small but vital place
Full of memories of happy times
That nothing could displace

It''s nestled in and settled down
Like a sleepy, winter mole
It's part of me now, flesh and blood
And it's connected to my soul

In time it will be pushed aside
And other parts will swell
With pets and people and places too
That I will love as well

But you will always be with me
So secure and tucked away
I'll know that you are safe in there
And we'll meet again some day

And when my heart begins to fail
Grows old and frail and weak
You'll still be in that special place
Until it gives it's final beat
by Fionna Duncan
---Aileen
What a beautiful poem, it brough tears to my eyes, thank you so much for posting it!

So sorry for your loss. But I'm sure the love you gave her for her last few weeks made her spirit soar with happiness. My thoughts are with you.

So very sorry for your loss. You gave her a home and love :l*v: and made her final days special. I hope you feel better soon :hug::hug:

Back